When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
People living in the top floor told to leave their homes as smoke billowed from flat
Updated 8:20pm Monday 7th April 2014 in News
RESIDENTS were evacuated this evening from a block of flats amid fears a fire had broken out.
People living in the top floor of the building in Maycroft Court in Hulse Road, Southampton, were told to leave their homes after reports of a kitchen fire at about 7.30pm.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service crews then located the source of the fire which, it was said, was pan of oil that had overheated on a hob.
No-one was injured.
Crews have been using fans to disperse smoke.
It is understood students live in the affected flat.