Crews tackle outbuilding fire

Crews tackle outbuilding fire

Crews tackle outbuilding fire

First published in News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior reporter

FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a blaze at an outbuilding.

Two crews from Hightown fire station were called to the fire in Station Road, Woolston, at 11pm yesterday.

They found the outbuilding well alight and used hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.

Gas cylinders were also involved in the incident.

It is thought the fire was started by an electrical fault.

People living in a nearby block of flats were evacuated but no one was hurt in the incident.

The fire was out at around 12.30am this morning.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:15am Thu 17 Apr 14

issacchunt says...

Come on Echo, were the police or ambulance service called to any incidents through the night or are you commenting because of the rareness of a call out for the fire service?
Come on Echo, were the police or ambulance service called to any incidents through the night or are you commenting because of the rareness of a call out for the fire service? issacchunt
  • Score: -3

7:55pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Superior Being says...

Whats with the constant use of photos from other counties.
Whats with the constant use of photos from other counties. Superior Being
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree