Muslims prepare for Ramadan

Families break the Ramadan fast at Medina Mosque in 2012

Families break the Ramadan fast at Medina Mosque in 2012

First published in News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Reporter

MUSLIMS across Hampshire are preparing for the start of the their holy month of Ramadan tomorrow.

Worshippers will gather at mosques across the county for special prayers throughout the festival and to provide charity for those who are in need.

One of the five pillars of the Islamic faith, Ramadan starts with the sighting of the new moon, which this year is due tomorrow. The 30-day fast is expected to finish on Tuesday, July 29.

Participants decline food or water during daylight hours for the entire period before breaking the fast at sunset with an evening meal called an Iftar.

Mohammad Khanjee, secretary of Southampton’s largest mosque, the Abu Bakr Masjid in Argyle Road, said: “Ramadan is the time to give. You don’t just go hungry. You feel how others feel. You feel poverty. That’s the time when you are most passionate about giving to others.”

During Ramadan people of different faiths are also allowed to enter mosques during Iftars where they provide food for the homeless.

Rashid Brora, president of the Medina Mosque in St Mary’s said: “It’s tough, but that’s what it is about – being able to control yourself and being able to behave well and courteously to everyone.

“It’s not about the fast, it’s about being nice and fair to everyone.

“This is a very, very important festival. It is the one time of the year when everybody fasts together.

“You will find people who will change their lives in the way they behave during this month, they will be kinder to people or they will visit mosques more often. It is quite a dramatic change.

“It is a time when people give money to charity. Muslims give a lot of their annual incomes away at this time of year.”

The only people who are exempt from taking part in Ramadan are those who are ill or the vulnerable or those travelling great distances.

Ramadan ends with the Eid-al-Fitr – the breaking of the fast festival – with special prayers, processions and feasting.

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:40pm Sat 28 Jun 14

steekeemcglue says...

splendid.... sounds like a fabulous incentive to spread harmony and peace around the whole vicinity.
splendid.... sounds like a fabulous incentive to spread harmony and peace around the whole vicinity. steekeemcglue
  • Score: -1

1:33pm Sat 28 Jun 14

sasmike says...

WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND
WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND sasmike
  • Score: 2

1:56pm Sat 28 Jun 14

Fatty x Ford Worker says...

Saints as well?
Saints as well? Fatty x Ford Worker
  • Score: 3

5:00pm Sat 28 Jun 14

jen1 says...

Who cares?
Who cares? jen1
  • Score: 12

5:15pm Sat 28 Jun 14

steekeemcglue says...

sasmike wrote:
WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND
aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,
[quote][p][bold]sasmike[/bold] wrote: WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND[/p][/quote]aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,, steekeemcglue
  • Score: -7

5:33pm Sat 28 Jun 14

Harold K Steptoe says...

Roll on Christmas
Roll on Christmas Harold K Steptoe
  • Score: 13

6:11pm Sat 28 Jun 14

Chris storey says...

steekeemcglue wrote:
sasmike wrote:
WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND
aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,
Islam is not a race, it's a belief, a religion, a religion of peace and harmony and a love of all mankind and if you believe that you as thick as two short planks, you daft sod.
[quote][p][bold]steekeemcglue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sasmike[/bold] wrote: WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND[/p][/quote]aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,[/p][/quote]Islam is not a race, it's a belief, a religion, a religion of peace and harmony and a love of all mankind and if you believe that you as thick as two short planks, you daft sod. Chris storey
  • Score: 12

8:44pm Sat 28 Jun 14

steekeemcglue says...

Chris storey wrote:
steekeemcglue wrote:
sasmike wrote:
WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND
aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,
Islam is not a race, it's a belief, a religion, a religion of peace and harmony and a love of all mankind and if you believe that you as thick as two short planks, you daft sod.
I did not say Islam was race you muppet... have you planned to learn to read at time in the future ?? Trying reading the original post I commented on in the first place oh single-celled challenged one... go on give it a go.... I know there are no pictures but you can do it..... Mr Men books are fabulous for kids but you can take the next leap....
[quote][p][bold]Chris storey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]steekeemcglue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sasmike[/bold] wrote: WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND[/p][/quote]aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,[/p][/quote]Islam is not a race, it's a belief, a religion, a religion of peace and harmony and a love of all mankind and if you believe that you as thick as two short planks, you daft sod.[/p][/quote]I did not say Islam was race you muppet... have you planned to learn to read at time in the future ?? Trying reading the original post I commented on in the first place oh single-celled challenged one... go on give it a go.... I know there are no pictures but you can do it..... Mr Men books are fabulous for kids but you can take the next leap.... steekeemcglue
  • Score: -2

9:03pm Sat 28 Jun 14

forest hump says...

How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform.
Enter all liberal daftness!
How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform. Enter all liberal daftness! forest hump
  • Score: 12

12:29am Sun 29 Jun 14

dango says...

wow, so not even a crafty bacon sarnie until sunset? Bugger that for a religion :(
wow, so not even a crafty bacon sarnie until sunset? Bugger that for a religion :( dango
  • Score: 8

4:10am Sun 29 Jun 14

Dai Rear says...

dango wrote:
wow, so not even a crafty bacon sarnie until sunset? Bugger that for a religion :(
Bet Mr Miliband wishes he was a Mohammedan.
[quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: wow, so not even a crafty bacon sarnie until sunset? Bugger that for a religion :([/p][/quote]Bet Mr Miliband wishes he was a Mohammedan. Dai Rear
  • Score: 2

5:43am Sun 29 Jun 14

Ellwood says...

dango wrote:
wow, so not even a crafty bacon sarnie until sunset? Bugger that for a religion :(
....... oooh yes! A lovely bacon sandwich with brown sauce..... just what I need right now...... : 0 )
[quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: wow, so not even a crafty bacon sarnie until sunset? Bugger that for a religion :([/p][/quote]....... oooh yes! A lovely bacon sandwich with brown sauce..... just what I need right now...... : 0 ) Ellwood
  • Score: 4

10:00am Sun 29 Jun 14

Charlie Bucket says...

jen1 wrote:
Who cares?
Plenty of people. What's the matter? The story not give you enough fuel for another racist rant? The stories aren't aimed at you, specifically. Don't find one interesting? Don't bother reading it. Pretty simple, really. You must be a joy at parties, endlessly telling everyone that you don't care for their conversation, despite them not asking.
[quote][p][bold]jen1[/bold] wrote: Who cares?[/p][/quote]Plenty of people. What's the matter? The story not give you enough fuel for another racist rant? The stories aren't aimed at you, specifically. Don't find one interesting? Don't bother reading it. Pretty simple, really. You must be a joy at parties, endlessly telling everyone that you don't care for their conversation, despite them not asking. Charlie Bucket
  • Score: 0

10:07am Sun 29 Jun 14

Charlie Bucket says...

forest hump wrote:
How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform.
Enter all liberal daftness!
Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question?

Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey.

http://www.pri.org/s
tories/2013-12-25/wo
ndering-why-theres-c
hristmas-muslim-coun
try-its-just-busines
s-usual

Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas.

http://observers.fra
nce24.com/content/20
131223-iran-muslim-y
outh-christmas-chris
tians

And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly

http://jackandjilltr
avel.com/celebrating
-christmas-indonesia
/

So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us.

Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?
[quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform. Enter all liberal daftness![/p][/quote]Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question? Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey. http://www.pri.org/s tories/2013-12-25/wo ndering-why-theres-c hristmas-muslim-coun try-its-just-busines s-usual Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas. http://observers.fra nce24.com/content/20 131223-iran-muslim-y outh-christmas-chris tians And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly http://jackandjilltr avel.com/celebrating -christmas-indonesia / So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us. Remind me again which of us is the more progressive? Charlie Bucket
  • Score: 2

10:08am Sun 29 Jun 14

Charlie Bucket says...

dango wrote:
wow, so not even a crafty bacon sarnie until sunset? Bugger that for a religion :(
Ramadan is voluntary. They don't HAVE to do it, they CHOOSE to.
[quote][p][bold]dango[/bold] wrote: wow, so not even a crafty bacon sarnie until sunset? Bugger that for a religion :([/p][/quote]Ramadan is voluntary. They don't HAVE to do it, they CHOOSE to. Charlie Bucket
  • Score: 4

11:17am Sun 29 Jun 14

forest hump says...

Charlie Bucket wrote:
forest hump wrote:
How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform.
Enter all liberal daftness!
Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question?

Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey.

http://www.pri.org/s

tories/2013-12-25/wo

ndering-why-theres-c

hristmas-muslim-coun

try-its-just-busines

s-usual

Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas.

http://observers.fra

nce24.com/content/20

131223-iran-muslim-y

outh-christmas-chris

tians

And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly

http://jackandjilltr

avel.com/celebrating

-christmas-indonesia

/

So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us.

Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?
As I said, enter all Liberal daftness! You will never convince me or millions of others so go along with your delusions and do not waste your time.
[quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform. Enter all liberal daftness![/p][/quote]Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question? Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey. http://www.pri.org/s tories/2013-12-25/wo ndering-why-theres-c hristmas-muslim-coun try-its-just-busines s-usual Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas. http://observers.fra nce24.com/content/20 131223-iran-muslim-y outh-christmas-chris tians And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly http://jackandjilltr avel.com/celebrating -christmas-indonesia / So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us. Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?[/p][/quote]As I said, enter all Liberal daftness! You will never convince me or millions of others so go along with your delusions and do not waste your time. forest hump
  • Score: -2

11:31am Sun 29 Jun 14

southy says...

forest hump wrote:
Charlie Bucket wrote:
forest hump wrote:
How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform.
Enter all liberal daftness!
Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question?

Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey.

http://www.pri.org/s


tories/2013-12-25/wo


ndering-why-theres-c


hristmas-muslim-coun


try-its-just-busines


s-usual

Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas.

http://observers.fra


nce24.com/content/20


131223-iran-muslim-y


outh-christmas-chris


tians

And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly

http://jackandjilltr


avel.com/celebrating


-christmas-indonesia


/

So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us.

Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?
As I said, enter all Liberal daftness! You will never convince me or millions of others so go along with your delusions and do not waste your time.
You mean your self and few thousands forest hump
[quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform. Enter all liberal daftness![/p][/quote]Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question? Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey. http://www.pri.org/s tories/2013-12-25/wo ndering-why-theres-c hristmas-muslim-coun try-its-just-busines s-usual Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas. http://observers.fra nce24.com/content/20 131223-iran-muslim-y outh-christmas-chris tians And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly http://jackandjilltr avel.com/celebrating -christmas-indonesia / So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us. Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?[/p][/quote]As I said, enter all Liberal daftness! You will never convince me or millions of others so go along with your delusions and do not waste your time.[/p][/quote]You mean your self and few thousands forest hump southy
  • Score: 1

11:35am Sun 29 Jun 14

southy says...

steekeemcglue wrote:
Chris storey wrote:
steekeemcglue wrote:
sasmike wrote:
WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND
aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,
Islam is not a race, it's a belief, a religion, a religion of peace and harmony and a love of all mankind and if you believe that you as thick as two short planks, you daft sod.
I did not say Islam was race you muppet... have you planned to learn to read at time in the future ?? Trying reading the original post I commented on in the first place oh single-celled challenged one... go on give it a go.... I know there are no pictures but you can do it..... Mr Men books are fabulous for kids but you can take the next leap....
True you did not steekeemcglue But using the word Racist wrong choice Nationalist would of been the word your looking for
[quote][p][bold]steekeemcglue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chris storey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]steekeemcglue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sasmike[/bold] wrote: WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND[/p][/quote]aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,[/p][/quote]Islam is not a race, it's a belief, a religion, a religion of peace and harmony and a love of all mankind and if you believe that you as thick as two short planks, you daft sod.[/p][/quote]I did not say Islam was race you muppet... have you planned to learn to read at time in the future ?? Trying reading the original post I commented on in the first place oh single-celled challenged one... go on give it a go.... I know there are no pictures but you can do it..... Mr Men books are fabulous for kids but you can take the next leap....[/p][/quote]True you did not steekeemcglue But using the word Racist wrong choice Nationalist would of been the word your looking for southy
  • Score: 0

12:23pm Sun 29 Jun 14

Chris storey says...

steekeemcglue wrote:
Chris storey wrote:
steekeemcglue wrote:
sasmike wrote:
WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND
aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,
Islam is not a race, it's a belief, a religion, a religion of peace and harmony and a love of all mankind and if you believe that you as thick as two short planks, you daft sod.
I did not say Islam was race you muppet... have you planned to learn to read at time in the future ?? Trying reading the original post I commented on in the first place oh single-celled challenged one... go on give it a go.... I know there are no pictures but you can do it..... Mr Men books are fabulous for kids but you can take the next leap....
Yes you did, you implied that someone was racist because they mentioned England in an article about the religion of peace love and tolerance, do please lay off the childish remarks and the numerous full stops because your silly post says more about you than it does about me.

I can picture you there bristling with your self righteous sanctimonious holier than thou indignation because someone has the nerve to hold views that differ from the lefty claptrap that fills the turnip you use for a head, don't bother calling me a racist, I already know I am and proud of it.
[quote][p][bold]steekeemcglue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chris storey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]steekeemcglue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sasmike[/bold] wrote: WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND[/p][/quote]aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,[/p][/quote]Islam is not a race, it's a belief, a religion, a religion of peace and harmony and a love of all mankind and if you believe that you as thick as two short planks, you daft sod.[/p][/quote]I did not say Islam was race you muppet... have you planned to learn to read at time in the future ?? Trying reading the original post I commented on in the first place oh single-celled challenged one... go on give it a go.... I know there are no pictures but you can do it..... Mr Men books are fabulous for kids but you can take the next leap....[/p][/quote]Yes you did, you implied that someone was racist because they mentioned England in an article about the religion of peace love and tolerance, do please lay off the childish remarks and the numerous full stops because your silly post says more about you than it does about me. I can picture you there bristling with your self righteous sanctimonious holier than thou indignation because someone has the nerve to hold views that differ from the lefty claptrap that fills the turnip you use for a head, don't bother calling me a racist, I already know I am and proud of it. Chris storey
  • Score: -1

12:31pm Sun 29 Jun 14

southy says...

Chris storey wrote:
steekeemcglue wrote:
Chris storey wrote:
steekeemcglue wrote:
sasmike wrote:
WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND
aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,
Islam is not a race, it's a belief, a religion, a religion of peace and harmony and a love of all mankind and if you believe that you as thick as two short planks, you daft sod.
I did not say Islam was race you muppet... have you planned to learn to read at time in the future ?? Trying reading the original post I commented on in the first place oh single-celled challenged one... go on give it a go.... I know there are no pictures but you can do it..... Mr Men books are fabulous for kids but you can take the next leap....
Yes you did, you implied that someone was racist because they mentioned England in an article about the religion of peace love and tolerance, do please lay off the childish remarks and the numerous full stops because your silly post says more about you than it does about me.

I can picture you there bristling with your self righteous sanctimonious holier than thou indignation because someone has the nerve to hold views that differ from the lefty claptrap that fills the turnip you use for a head, don't bother calling me a racist, I already know I am and proud of it.
You mean Right wing claptrap, also its Nationalism (which is right wing), theres only 1 race on the world and thats the Human Race.
[quote][p][bold]Chris storey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]steekeemcglue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chris storey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]steekeemcglue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sasmike[/bold] wrote: WHICH COUNTRY ? SURELY NOT ENGLAND[/p][/quote]aaahhhhh , you daft racist ,,,[/p][/quote]Islam is not a race, it's a belief, a religion, a religion of peace and harmony and a love of all mankind and if you believe that you as thick as two short planks, you daft sod.[/p][/quote]I did not say Islam was race you muppet... have you planned to learn to read at time in the future ?? Trying reading the original post I commented on in the first place oh single-celled challenged one... go on give it a go.... I know there are no pictures but you can do it..... Mr Men books are fabulous for kids but you can take the next leap....[/p][/quote]Yes you did, you implied that someone was racist because they mentioned England in an article about the religion of peace love and tolerance, do please lay off the childish remarks and the numerous full stops because your silly post says more about you than it does about me. I can picture you there bristling with your self righteous sanctimonious holier than thou indignation because someone has the nerve to hold views that differ from the lefty claptrap that fills the turnip you use for a head, don't bother calling me a racist, I already know I am and proud of it.[/p][/quote]You mean Right wing claptrap, also its Nationalism (which is right wing), theres only 1 race on the world and thats the Human Race. southy
  • Score: -3

12:56pm Sun 29 Jun 14

Charlie Bucket says...

forest hump wrote:
Charlie Bucket wrote:
forest hump wrote:
How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform.
Enter all liberal daftness!
Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question?

Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey.

http://www.pri.org/s


tories/2013-12-25/wo


ndering-why-theres-c


hristmas-muslim-coun


try-its-just-busines


s-usual

Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas.

http://observers.fra


nce24.com/content/20


131223-iran-muslim-y


outh-christmas-chris


tians

And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly

http://jackandjilltr


avel.com/celebrating


-christmas-indonesia


/

So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us.

Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?
As I said, enter all Liberal daftness! You will never convince me or millions of others so go along with your delusions and do not waste your time.
I see. So "providing evidence contrary to your beliefs" is just "liberal daftness". What a cretin. There's none so blind as those who won't see.
[quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform. Enter all liberal daftness![/p][/quote]Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question? Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey. http://www.pri.org/s tories/2013-12-25/wo ndering-why-theres-c hristmas-muslim-coun try-its-just-busines s-usual Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas. http://observers.fra nce24.com/content/20 131223-iran-muslim-y outh-christmas-chris tians And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly http://jackandjilltr avel.com/celebrating -christmas-indonesia / So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us. Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?[/p][/quote]As I said, enter all Liberal daftness! You will never convince me or millions of others so go along with your delusions and do not waste your time.[/p][/quote]I see. So "providing evidence contrary to your beliefs" is just "liberal daftness". What a cretin. There's none so blind as those who won't see. Charlie Bucket
  • Score: 3

12:58pm Sun 29 Jun 14

Charlie Bucket says...

Fantastic work by the usual Echo Morons(tm). Make wild rash assertions about others, then when they're debunked, write off the evidence as "liberal daftness". What a bunch of idiots.
Fantastic work by the usual Echo Morons(tm). Make wild rash assertions about others, then when they're debunked, write off the evidence as "liberal daftness". What a bunch of idiots. Charlie Bucket
  • Score: 4

12:59pm Sun 29 Jun 14

forest hump says...

southy wrote:
forest hump wrote:
Charlie Bucket wrote:
forest hump wrote:
How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform.
Enter all liberal daftness!
Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question?

Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey.

http://www.pri.org/s



tories/2013-12-25/wo



ndering-why-theres-c



hristmas-muslim-coun



try-its-just-busines



s-usual

Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas.

http://observers.fra



nce24.com/content/20



131223-iran-muslim-y



outh-christmas-chris



tians

And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly

http://jackandjilltr



avel.com/celebrating



-christmas-indonesia



/

So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us.

Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?
As I said, enter all Liberal daftness! You will never convince me or millions of others so go along with your delusions and do not waste your time.
You mean your self and few thousands forest hump
Nonsense and you know it.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform. Enter all liberal daftness![/p][/quote]Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question? Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey. http://www.pri.org/s tories/2013-12-25/wo ndering-why-theres-c hristmas-muslim-coun try-its-just-busines s-usual Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas. http://observers.fra nce24.com/content/20 131223-iran-muslim-y outh-christmas-chris tians And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly http://jackandjilltr avel.com/celebrating -christmas-indonesia / So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us. Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?[/p][/quote]As I said, enter all Liberal daftness! You will never convince me or millions of others so go along with your delusions and do not waste your time.[/p][/quote]You mean your self and few thousands forest hump[/p][/quote]Nonsense and you know it. forest hump
  • Score: 0

1:07pm Sun 29 Jun 14

forest hump says...

Charlie Bucket wrote:
Fantastic work by the usual Echo Morons(tm). Make wild rash assertions about others, then when they're debunked, write off the evidence as "liberal daftness". What a bunch of idiots.
And you sir no doubt, are the fountain of all knowledge. You are entitled to believe whatever you wish but do not push your naive views on me. I will not be convinced otherwise being well travelled and witnessed many examples. So carry on but you are wasting your breath.
[quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: Fantastic work by the usual Echo Morons(tm). Make wild rash assertions about others, then when they're debunked, write off the evidence as "liberal daftness". What a bunch of idiots.[/p][/quote]And you sir no doubt, are the fountain of all knowledge. You are entitled to believe whatever you wish but do not push your naive views on me. I will not be convinced otherwise being well travelled and witnessed many examples. So carry on but you are wasting your breath. forest hump
  • Score: -1

1:10pm Sun 29 Jun 14

forest hump says...

forest hump wrote:
southy wrote:
forest hump wrote:
Charlie Bucket wrote:
forest hump wrote:
How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform.
Enter all liberal daftness!
Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question?

Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey.

http://www.pri.org/s




tories/2013-12-25/wo




ndering-why-theres-c




hristmas-muslim-coun




try-its-just-busines




s-usual

Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas.

http://observers.fra




nce24.com/content/20




131223-iran-muslim-y




outh-christmas-chris




tians

And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly

http://jackandjilltr




avel.com/celebrating




-christmas-indonesia




/

So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us.

Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?
As I said, enter all Liberal daftness! You will never convince me or millions of others so go along with your delusions and do not waste your time.
You mean your self and few thousands forest hump
Nonsense and you know it.
Oh! and you again, conveniently ignored to answer my question regarding demurrage in reference to unloading of container vessels. Again, ignorance when you have no answer.
[quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: How sympathetic would devout Islamic countries be, towards outwardly displaying profound acts of supporting Easter, Lent and Christmas?? I'm sure the Media in (name your Islamic country) would open their pages/channels to such open support. I am all for free speech and belief but please put pressure on your own countries to conform. Enter all liberal daftness![/p][/quote]Have you even bothered to try and answer your own question? Oh look. A christmas tree, in a mall, in Turkey. http://www.pri.org/s tories/2013-12-25/wo ndering-why-theres-c hristmas-muslim-coun try-its-just-busines s-usual Here's evil old Iran, happily celebrating Christmas. http://observers.fra nce24.com/content/20 131223-iran-muslim-y outh-christmas-chris tians And now we see Indonesia - the largest Muslim country in the world - celebrating Christmas quite openly http://jackandjilltr avel.com/celebrating -christmas-indonesia / So in fact, while these devout Muslim countries openly and in general join in the celebration of Christian holidays, we in this "Christian" country merely pat ourselves on the back for allowing Muslims to quietly celebrate their own holiday as long as they don't do it in any way that affects us. Remind me again which of us is the more progressive?[/p][/quote]As I said, enter all Liberal daftness! You will never convince me or millions of others so go along with your delusions and do not waste your time.[/p][/quote]You mean your self and few thousands forest hump[/p][/quote]Nonsense and you know it.[/p][/quote]Oh! and you again, conveniently ignored to answer my question regarding demurrage in reference to unloading of container vessels. Again, ignorance when you have no answer. forest hump
  • Score: 1

2:31pm Sun 29 Jun 14

Charlie Bucket says...

forest hump wrote:
Charlie Bucket wrote:
Fantastic work by the usual Echo Morons(tm). Make wild rash assertions about others, then when they're debunked, write off the evidence as "liberal daftness". What a bunch of idiots.
And you sir no doubt, are the fountain of all knowledge. You are entitled to believe whatever you wish but do not push your naive views on me. I will not be convinced otherwise being well travelled and witnessed many examples. So carry on but you are wasting your breath.
Compared to the likes of you, who insist on ignoring anything put in front of them that disagrees with their own views, I'm Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton all rolled into one.

Perhaps you could explain why you think my views are "naive". Especially when I haven't actually posted my views at all, merely some documentary evidence that answered your rhetorical question. This is akin to you saying "what is two plus two?", me posting the answer, then you refusing to read it because it's "numeric nonsense".

In the future, if you don't want questions answered, don't bother asking them. Try simply framing your narrow-minded bigotry as a straightforward statement.
[quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: Fantastic work by the usual Echo Morons(tm). Make wild rash assertions about others, then when they're debunked, write off the evidence as "liberal daftness". What a bunch of idiots.[/p][/quote]And you sir no doubt, are the fountain of all knowledge. You are entitled to believe whatever you wish but do not push your naive views on me. I will not be convinced otherwise being well travelled and witnessed many examples. So carry on but you are wasting your breath.[/p][/quote]Compared to the likes of you, who insist on ignoring anything put in front of them that disagrees with their own views, I'm Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton all rolled into one. Perhaps you could explain why you think my views are "naive". Especially when I haven't actually posted my views at all, merely some documentary evidence that answered your rhetorical question. This is akin to you saying "what is two plus two?", me posting the answer, then you refusing to read it because it's "numeric nonsense". In the future, if you don't want questions answered, don't bother asking them. Try simply framing your narrow-minded bigotry as a straightforward statement. Charlie Bucket
  • Score: 3

5:45pm Sun 29 Jun 14

forest hump says...

Charlie Bucket wrote:
forest hump wrote:
Charlie Bucket wrote:
Fantastic work by the usual Echo Morons(tm). Make wild rash assertions about others, then when they're debunked, write off the evidence as "liberal daftness". What a bunch of idiots.
And you sir no doubt, are the fountain of all knowledge. You are entitled to believe whatever you wish but do not push your naive views on me. I will not be convinced otherwise being well travelled and witnessed many examples. So carry on but you are wasting your breath.
Compared to the likes of you, who insist on ignoring anything put in front of them that disagrees with their own views, I'm Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton all rolled into one.

Perhaps you could explain why you think my views are "naive". Especially when I haven't actually posted my views at all, merely some documentary evidence that answered your rhetorical question. This is akin to you saying "what is two plus two?", me posting the answer, then you refusing to read it because it's "numeric nonsense".

In the future, if you don't want questions answered, don't bother asking them. Try simply framing your narrow-minded bigotry as a straightforward statement.
If those postings do not represent your views then what is your point? I am not prepared to enter into your infantile, naive (yes naive) debates. I would not bother to respond because it will not be acknowledged. I'm sure you do not care.
[quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: Fantastic work by the usual Echo Morons(tm). Make wild rash assertions about others, then when they're debunked, write off the evidence as "liberal daftness". What a bunch of idiots.[/p][/quote]And you sir no doubt, are the fountain of all knowledge. You are entitled to believe whatever you wish but do not push your naive views on me. I will not be convinced otherwise being well travelled and witnessed many examples. So carry on but you are wasting your breath.[/p][/quote]Compared to the likes of you, who insist on ignoring anything put in front of them that disagrees with their own views, I'm Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton all rolled into one. Perhaps you could explain why you think my views are "naive". Especially when I haven't actually posted my views at all, merely some documentary evidence that answered your rhetorical question. This is akin to you saying "what is two plus two?", me posting the answer, then you refusing to read it because it's "numeric nonsense". In the future, if you don't want questions answered, don't bother asking them. Try simply framing your narrow-minded bigotry as a straightforward statement.[/p][/quote]If those postings do not represent your views then what is your point? I am not prepared to enter into your infantile, naive (yes naive) debates. I would not bother to respond because it will not be acknowledged. I'm sure you do not care. forest hump
  • Score: -1

6:12pm Sun 29 Jun 14

Charlie Bucket says...

forest hump wrote:
Charlie Bucket wrote:
forest hump wrote:
Charlie Bucket wrote:
Fantastic work by the usual Echo Morons(tm). Make wild rash assertions about others, then when they're debunked, write off the evidence as "liberal daftness". What a bunch of idiots.
And you sir no doubt, are the fountain of all knowledge. You are entitled to believe whatever you wish but do not push your naive views on me. I will not be convinced otherwise being well travelled and witnessed many examples. So carry on but you are wasting your breath.
Compared to the likes of you, who insist on ignoring anything put in front of them that disagrees with their own views, I'm Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton all rolled into one.

Perhaps you could explain why you think my views are "naive". Especially when I haven't actually posted my views at all, merely some documentary evidence that answered your rhetorical question. This is akin to you saying "what is two plus two?", me posting the answer, then you refusing to read it because it's "numeric nonsense".

In the future, if you don't want questions answered, don't bother asking them. Try simply framing your narrow-minded bigotry as a straightforward statement.
If those postings do not represent your views then what is your point? I am not prepared to enter into your infantile, naive (yes naive) debates. I would not bother to respond because it will not be acknowledged. I'm sure you do not care.
Not everything is a matter of opinion. You suggested Islamic nations would not be as accepting of Christian festivals, as we are of theirs. That is something that can be objectively measured, and I did so. It's not my opinion, my view, that Christmas is widely celebrated and openly accepted in a number of Islamic countries, it's demonstrable fact. You're profoundly naive if you think everything is matter of opinion. Is it opinion that 2 + 2 is 4? Does saying "I don't believe in leftist gravity nonsense" allow you to fly?

This is pretty basic reasoning. You sticking your fingers in your ears and refusing to listen to anything that contradicts your views is utterly pathetic.
[quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]forest hump[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Charlie Bucket[/bold] wrote: Fantastic work by the usual Echo Morons(tm). Make wild rash assertions about others, then when they're debunked, write off the evidence as "liberal daftness". What a bunch of idiots.[/p][/quote]And you sir no doubt, are the fountain of all knowledge. You are entitled to believe whatever you wish but do not push your naive views on me. I will not be convinced otherwise being well travelled and witnessed many examples. So carry on but you are wasting your breath.[/p][/quote]Compared to the likes of you, who insist on ignoring anything put in front of them that disagrees with their own views, I'm Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton all rolled into one. Perhaps you could explain why you think my views are "naive". Especially when I haven't actually posted my views at all, merely some documentary evidence that answered your rhetorical question. This is akin to you saying "what is two plus two?", me posting the answer, then you refusing to read it because it's "numeric nonsense". In the future, if you don't want questions answered, don't bother asking them. Try simply framing your narrow-minded bigotry as a straightforward statement.[/p][/quote]If those postings do not represent your views then what is your point? I am not prepared to enter into your infantile, naive (yes naive) debates. I would not bother to respond because it will not be acknowledged. I'm sure you do not care.[/p][/quote]Not everything is a matter of opinion. You suggested Islamic nations would not be as accepting of Christian festivals, as we are of theirs. That is something that can be objectively measured, and I did so. It's not my opinion, my view, that Christmas is widely celebrated and openly accepted in a number of Islamic countries, it's demonstrable fact. You're profoundly naive if you think everything is matter of opinion. Is it opinion that 2 + 2 is 4? Does saying "I don't believe in leftist gravity nonsense" allow you to fly? This is pretty basic reasoning. You sticking your fingers in your ears and refusing to listen to anything that contradicts your views is utterly pathetic. Charlie Bucket
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree