When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Bassett Avenue in Southampton shut following multi-vehicle crash
A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- Burglars target homes with windows left open in hot weather
- Pub to become nursery
- Roadworks to begin on major city route
- Chancellor in city to promote new pension reforms
- Man jailed for trying to murder his own brother
- Summer of cycling for Southampton
- Trio locked up for 'horrifying' attacks on strangers
- 10 things to do in the sunshine in Southampton
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.