When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Bassett Avenue in Southampton shut following multi-vehicle crash
A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- VIDEO: Famous sea monster joins charity challenge
- City hotel could be turned into student housing and cinema
- Teenager arrested after late night brawl
- New police body-worn cameras could "damage" trust with the public
- Tributes paid to 'Fat Beast' Saints fan
- Major rush hour delays after motorway crash
- Teenage girl quizzed in police drugs sting
- Park memorial for young dad killed in car crash
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.