A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- Man released on bail after woman found with broken arms in street
- Arsonist who set blazes at uni halls is jailed
- UPDATE: Arrest as woman found unconscious in the street with two broken arms
- Over 100 residents discuss concerns about school plans to take over part of park
- Four arrests after burglars tie up victims in multiple raids
- Fluoride plans scrapped completely
- City student faces jail after admitting smuggling explosives onto plane
- 'Upskirt' photographer hunted by police
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.