A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- Woman found hanged at hotel - just days after being saved from river
- Man convicted of killing Saints steward Paula claims innocence
- Blockbuster film stars arrive in style for new Transformers movie
- Four held over brothel probe
- Thousands to pop on a brew in the fight against cancer
- Man responsible for giant birds escaping has dreams of exotic life living on farm scuppered
- Leap into action for exclusive trampolining deal
- PHOTOS: Which international movie stars were in Hampshire to film new blockbuster film?
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.