A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- Hoverboard battery explodes at 3am in Southampton
- Overflowing urinals and shattered glass: Harmony of the Seas 'like a construction site'
- Dozens of firefighters called to ship blaze in Southampton
- UPDATE: Delays in Southampton as broken down crane blocks road
- Lorry fire scare causes severe motorway delays
- MP calls for lettings clampdown after rogue agent struck off
- Hampshire couple win national lottery
- LEGAL HIGH ALERT: 11 needed emergency treatment in just two weeks
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.