A MAJOR Southampton road was closed this morning following a multi-vehicle accident.
Five cars were reportedly involved in the collision that happened on Bassett Avenue at 8.45am today.
According to initial reports the driver of a car apparently lost control of the vehicle and collided with a car coming in the opposite direction.
All emergency services were called to the scene and the road was closed whilst paramedics treated a casualty.
- Car swamped by the tide in Southampton Water
- VIDEO: Police launch road-rage brawl investigation
- Air ambulances to fly at night in Hampshire - thanks to £5million global bank fines
- Doctor struck off for performing 'unhygienic home circumcisions'
- City chef offers unique support to help Saints march into Europe
- Killer infections at hospital slashed - by a smartphone app
- Anger after it's revealed Hampshire's train network is 'the most underfunded'
- VIDEO: Road-rage brawl caught on camera in Southampton
One man, believed to be elderly, was taken to Southampton General Hospital.
The road remained closed whilst police investigated the scene and the wreckage was cleared.
The road was reopened by 10.45am.