Driver in hospital after two car crash on Bursledon Road in Southampton

The scene of the crash at the junction of Coates Road and Bursledon Road. Photo by @TripleExpresso on Twitter

The scene of the crash at the junction of Coates Road and Bursledon Road. Photo by @TripleExpresso on Twitter

First published in News
Last updated
Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Eastleigh Chief Reporter

A DRIVER has been taken to hospital after a two-car crash on a Hampshire road.

The motorist had to be cut free from his vehicle after a collision at the junction of Bursledon Road and Coates Road in Sholing, Southampton.

Crews from Hightown fire station were called at around 1.10pm today and spent 45 minutes at the scene.

The driver was taken to hospital by ambulance.

Comments (21)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:38pm Thu 20 Mar 14

Brite Spark says...

Looks like the Peugeot shouldn't have pulled out, the green light clearly favours the blue car.
Looks like the Peugeot shouldn't have pulled out, the green light clearly favours the blue car. Brite Spark
  • Score: -23

3:43pm Thu 20 Mar 14

Mary80 says...

I live near that road and you get a lot of red light jumping and that's the consequences
I live near that road and you get a lot of red light jumping and that's the consequences Mary80
  • Score: 0

4:47pm Thu 20 Mar 14

For pity sake says...

Brite Spark wrote:
Looks like the Peugeot shouldn't have pulled out, the green light clearly favours the blue car.
I think the lights may have changed a few times between the accident and the photo....
[quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Looks like the Peugeot shouldn't have pulled out, the green light clearly favours the blue car.[/p][/quote]I think the lights may have changed a few times between the accident and the photo.... For pity sake
  • Score: 24

7:12pm Thu 20 Mar 14

Brabs91 says...

The photo was taken after the accident happened so the lights changed! The blue car was running a red light!
The driver of the blue car has also admitted liability. So before you go accusing people get your facts right!
Also both drivers were taken to hospital!
The photo was taken after the accident happened so the lights changed! The blue car was running a red light! The driver of the blue car has also admitted liability. So before you go accusing people get your facts right! Also both drivers were taken to hospital! Brabs91
  • Score: 11

8:10pm Thu 20 Mar 14

Educator 1969 says...

' Bright spark' after reading the following comments after yours, you may want to change your user name.
' Bright spark' after reading the following comments after yours, you may want to change your user name. Educator 1969
  • Score: 10

9:22pm Thu 20 Mar 14

Mary80 says...

Wow people downvote me for stating FACTS? This is why the comment section is a friggin JOKE. I LIVE in the friggin' area i go up and down that road EVERY DAY i see with my own **** eyes cars jumping the lights yet i get downvoted? Can the DE please please get rid of the voting system please its obvious morons here are abusing it
Wow people downvote me for stating FACTS? This is why the comment section is a friggin JOKE. I LIVE in the friggin' area i go up and down that road EVERY DAY i see with my own **** eyes cars jumping the lights yet i get downvoted? Can the DE please please get rid of the voting system please its obvious morons here are abusing it Mary80
  • Score: -6

9:38pm Thu 20 Mar 14

Educator 1969 says...

Mary80 wrote:
Wow people downvote me for stating FACTS? This is why the comment section is a friggin JOKE. I LIVE in the friggin' area i go up and down that road EVERY DAY i see with my own **** eyes cars jumping the lights yet i get downvoted? Can the DE please please get rid of the voting system please its obvious morons here are abusing it
You are absolutely right......being a regular user of this road myself I totally agree with your comments and this accident today was a result of a driver jumping a red light, however the jumper in this case was NOT the Peugeot driver as the first post on this thread indicated.
[quote][p][bold]Mary80[/bold] wrote: Wow people downvote me for stating FACTS? This is why the comment section is a friggin JOKE. I LIVE in the friggin' area i go up and down that road EVERY DAY i see with my own **** eyes cars jumping the lights yet i get downvoted? Can the DE please please get rid of the voting system please its obvious morons here are abusing it[/p][/quote]You are absolutely right......being a regular user of this road myself I totally agree with your comments and this accident today was a result of a driver jumping a red light, however the jumper in this case was NOT the Peugeot driver as the first post on this thread indicated. Educator 1969
  • Score: 3

9:52pm Thu 20 Mar 14

robj1969 says...

Mary80 wrote:
I live near that road and you get a lot of red light jumping and that's the consequences
I live near that road too and concur RLJ paradise
[quote][p][bold]Mary80[/bold] wrote: I live near that road and you get a lot of red light jumping and that's the consequences[/p][/quote]I live near that road too and concur RLJ paradise robj1969
  • Score: 2

10:50pm Thu 20 Mar 14

Zexagon says...

Brite Spark wrote:
Looks like the Peugeot shouldn't have pulled out, the green light clearly favours the blue car.
Ha HA HA HA did make me laugh
[quote][p][bold]Brite Spark[/bold] wrote: Looks like the Peugeot shouldn't have pulled out, the green light clearly favours the blue car.[/p][/quote]Ha HA HA HA did make me laugh Zexagon
  • Score: 2

10:51pm Thu 20 Mar 14

Zexagon says...

Brabs91 wrote:
The photo was taken after the accident happened so the lights changed! The blue car was running a red light!
The driver of the blue car has also admitted liability. So before you go accusing people get your facts right!
Also both drivers were taken to hospital!
The photo was taken after the accident happened? Are you sure?
[quote][p][bold]Brabs91[/bold] wrote: The photo was taken after the accident happened so the lights changed! The blue car was running a red light! The driver of the blue car has also admitted liability. So before you go accusing people get your facts right! Also both drivers were taken to hospital![/p][/quote]The photo was taken after the accident happened? Are you sure? Zexagon
  • Score: 2

4:49am Fri 21 Mar 14

Brabs91 says...

Zexagon wrote:
Brabs91 wrote:
The photo was taken after the accident happened so the lights changed! The blue car was running a red light!
The driver of the blue car has also admitted liability. So before you go accusing people get your facts right!
Also both drivers were taken to hospital!
The photo was taken after the accident happened? Are you sure?
Was just setting that absolute dick straight!
So need to start being sarcastic is there!
[quote][p][bold]Zexagon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brabs91[/bold] wrote: The photo was taken after the accident happened so the lights changed! The blue car was running a red light! The driver of the blue car has also admitted liability. So before you go accusing people get your facts right! Also both drivers were taken to hospital![/p][/quote]The photo was taken after the accident happened? Are you sure?[/p][/quote]Was just setting that absolute dick straight! So need to start being sarcastic is there! Brabs91
  • Score: 0

9:39am Fri 21 Mar 14

Missdoyle says...

I see this crash from my winow though the blue car ran a red if the silver car was.in right lane to turn left instead of the wrong lane as she was.. she would have seen him coming..
Having said that I hope they are all ok I saw them cutting the roof of the car was horrible
I see this crash from my winow though the blue car ran a red if the silver car was.in right lane to turn left instead of the wrong lane as she was.. she would have seen him coming.. Having said that I hope they are all ok I saw them cutting the roof of the car was horrible Missdoyle
  • Score: -7

12:06pm Fri 21 Mar 14

Missdoyle says...

Hilarious that people score me down b ut if she had driven.in the correct.lane.she would have been able to stop before they crashed that's.also bad driving. Wrong lane and turning
Is just as dangerous as.running red lights
Hilarious that people score me down b ut if she had driven.in the correct.lane.she would have been able to stop before they crashed that's.also bad driving. Wrong lane and turning Is just as dangerous as.running red lights Missdoyle
  • Score: -6

1:25pm Fri 21 Mar 14

Educator 1969 says...

Missdoyle wrote:
I see this crash from my winow though the blue car ran a red if the silver car was.in right lane to turn left instead of the wrong lane as she was.. she would have seen him coming..
Having said that I hope they are all ok I saw them cutting the roof of the car was horrible
The driver of the silver car was heading towards bursledon, which means a right turn, hence in the right lane, meaning she was in the right lane.
what makes you say that she was to take a left turn? So much to say on your comments, but answer this one first.
[quote][p][bold]Missdoyle[/bold] wrote: I see this crash from my winow though the blue car ran a red if the silver car was.in right lane to turn left instead of the wrong lane as she was.. she would have seen him coming.. Having said that I hope they are all ok I saw them cutting the roof of the car was horrible[/p][/quote]The driver of the silver car was heading towards bursledon, which means a right turn, hence in the right lane, meaning she was in the right lane. what makes you say that she was to take a left turn? So much to say on your comments, but answer this one first. Educator 1969
  • Score: 7

7:54pm Fri 21 Mar 14

Brabs91 says...

Missdoyle wrote:
Hilarious that people score me down b ut if she had driven.in the correct.lane.she would have been able to stop before they crashed that's.also bad driving. Wrong lane and turning
Is just as dangerous as.running red lights
She was heading back towards burseldon. Therefore she was in the correct lane! You would have known this clearly, seeing as you are saying you watched the crash?!
[quote][p][bold]Missdoyle[/bold] wrote: Hilarious that people score me down b ut if she had driven.in the correct.lane.she would have been able to stop before they crashed that's.also bad driving. Wrong lane and turning Is just as dangerous as.running red lights[/p][/quote]She was heading back towards burseldon. Therefore she was in the correct lane! You would have known this clearly, seeing as you are saying you watched the crash?! Brabs91
  • Score: 8

9:40pm Fri 21 Mar 14

Educator 1969 says...

Missdoyle wrote:
Hilarious that people score me down b ut if she had driven.in the correct.lane.she would have been able to stop before they crashed that's.also bad driving. Wrong lane and turning
Is just as dangerous as.running red lights
Nice one brabs91.........I was saving that one if missdoyle cared to answer.
[quote][p][bold]Missdoyle[/bold] wrote: Hilarious that people score me down b ut if she had driven.in the correct.lane.she would have been able to stop before they crashed that's.also bad driving. Wrong lane and turning Is just as dangerous as.running red lights[/p][/quote]Nice one brabs91.........I was saving that one if missdoyle cared to answer. Educator 1969
  • Score: 8

7:30pm Sun 23 Mar 14

Missdoyle says...

Educator 1969 wrote:
Missdoyle wrote:
I see this crash from my winow though the blue car ran a red if the silver car was.in right lane to turn left instead of the wrong lane as she was.. she would have seen him coming..
Having said that I hope they are all ok I saw them cutting the roof of the car was horrible
The driver of the silver car was heading towards bursledon, which means a right turn, hence in the right lane, meaning she was in the right lane.
what makes you say that she was to take a left turn? So much to say on your comments, but answer this one first.
Cos I saw her turn left and he would never have hit her the way he did if he didn't even
N
[quote][p][bold]Educator 1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Missdoyle[/bold] wrote: I see this crash from my winow though the blue car ran a red if the silver car was.in right lane to turn left instead of the wrong lane as she was.. she would have seen him coming.. Having said that I hope they are all ok I saw them cutting the roof of the car was horrible[/p][/quote]The driver of the silver car was heading towards bursledon, which means a right turn, hence in the right lane, meaning she was in the right lane. what makes you say that she was to take a left turn? So much to say on your comments, but answer this one first.[/p][/quote]Cos I saw her turn left and he would never have hit her the way he did if he didn't even N Missdoyle
  • Score: -4

7:55pm Sun 23 Mar 14

Brabs91 says...

Missdoyle wrote:
Educator 1969 wrote:
Missdoyle wrote:
I see this crash from my winow though the blue car ran a red if the silver car was.in right lane to turn left instead of the wrong lane as she was.. she would have seen him coming..
Having said that I hope they are all ok I saw them cutting the roof of the car was horrible
The driver of the silver car was heading towards bursledon, which means a right turn, hence in the right lane, meaning she was in the right lane.
what makes you say that she was to take a left turn? So much to say on your comments, but answer this one first.
Cos I saw her turn left and he would never have hit her the way he did if he didn't even
N
She was heading back to her work place, which meant she would need to head to burseldon. Which would mean a right turn! Even without knowing this you can see from the photo she was turning right! The blue driver has admitted liability to running a red light and driving without due care and attention! If you were watching out your window you would have seen her turning right! If not then I suggest you take this vital witness statement to the police! But I'm pretty sure they will laugh at you, as this is the biggest load of bullcrap I've ever heard!
[quote][p][bold]Missdoyle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Educator 1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Missdoyle[/bold] wrote: I see this crash from my winow though the blue car ran a red if the silver car was.in right lane to turn left instead of the wrong lane as she was.. she would have seen him coming.. Having said that I hope they are all ok I saw them cutting the roof of the car was horrible[/p][/quote]The driver of the silver car was heading towards bursledon, which means a right turn, hence in the right lane, meaning she was in the right lane. what makes you say that she was to take a left turn? So much to say on your comments, but answer this one first.[/p][/quote]Cos I saw her turn left and he would never have hit her the way he did if he didn't even N[/p][/quote]She was heading back to her work place, which meant she would need to head to burseldon. Which would mean a right turn! Even without knowing this you can see from the photo she was turning right! The blue driver has admitted liability to running a red light and driving without due care and attention! If you were watching out your window you would have seen her turning right! If not then I suggest you take this vital witness statement to the police! But I'm pretty sure they will laugh at you, as this is the biggest load of bullcrap I've ever heard! Brabs91
  • Score: 7

7:58pm Sun 23 Mar 14

Educator 1969 says...

Is that your reply?,.........I'll let you have another go.
Is that your reply?,.........I'll let you have another go. Educator 1969
  • Score: 5

8:23pm Sun 23 Mar 14

Educator 1969 says...

My last comment was towards missdoyle who clearly is attempting to help a red light jumper be justified for what he has done. Well your right miss Doyle if he hadn't jumped a red light he would never had hit her the way he did. She had the right of way, left or right turn she should have been able to take that choice without some , careless, red light jumper, careless driving is what the police call it, but who am I. To correct even the daily echo , who like you got things wrong, it was the passenger of the blue car, the wife of the driver, the driver who jumped the red light who was cut from the vehicle and taken to hospital.
I wasn't at the crash scene, nor was I looking out a window but it would appear that I know more about this than you, but to put your own family and those of others at risk is not responsible......
My last comment was towards missdoyle who clearly is attempting to help a red light jumper be justified for what he has done. Well your right miss Doyle if he hadn't jumped a red light he would never had hit her the way he did. She had the right of way, left or right turn she should have been able to take that choice without some , careless, red light jumper, careless driving is what the police call it, but who am I. To correct even the daily echo , who like you got things wrong, it was the passenger of the blue car, the wife of the driver, the driver who jumped the red light who was cut from the vehicle and taken to hospital. I wasn't at the crash scene, nor was I looking out a window but it would appear that I know more about this than you, but to put your own family and those of others at risk is not responsible...... Educator 1969
  • Score: 3

8:29pm Sun 23 Mar 14

Brabs91 says...

All the people involved where taken to hospital. But educator is right. Neither of us where at the scene, but know a lot more than you!
Maybe you should ask to see the CCTV and then argue that the silver car driver was in the wrong! Sure the police would love to hear what vital evidence you hold!
All the people involved where taken to hospital. But educator is right. Neither of us where at the scene, but know a lot more than you! Maybe you should ask to see the CCTV and then argue that the silver car driver was in the wrong! Sure the police would love to hear what vital evidence you hold! Brabs91
  • Score: 4

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree