When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Fire crews called to Rownhams Mobile Home Park
7:59am Thursday 24th April 2014 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a blaze at a Hampshire caravan park.
They were called after a faulty gas connected at the back of a gas heater in a static caravan caught fire.
The occupant of the static caravan, at Rownhams Mobile Home Park in Upper Toothill Lane, fled the caravan after gas started leaking from the heater.
Firefighters from Redbridge arrived at about 9pm last night and isolated the gas and electricity, before putting the small fire out.
Only minor damage was caused to the caravan, but the occupant will not be allowed to return for a few days until it has been declared safe by a gas engineer.
Comments are closed on this article.