When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Did air freshener cause explosion in flat in Hampshire?
Updated 1:16pm Sunday 11th May 2014 in News
An investigation is underway today into an explosion at a house in Hampshire today.
Fire crews were called to the flat following the blast at 1.50am.
It happened in Henderson Road in Portsmouth and although there were no injuries caused severe damage to both inside and outside the building.
A window was blown out and there are cracks in the walls.
Eight firefighters from Southsea dealt with drama which was over 50 minutes later.
Fire chiefs say the cause may have been a battery operated air freshener which was over a lamp.
Police and trading standards officers are now involved in an investigation into the incident.
Comments are closed on this article.