When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Firefighters break into flat to tackle kitchen blaze
Updated 3:46pm Tuesday 1st July 2014 in News
FIREFIGHTERS had to force their way into a flat to tackle a kitchen blaze.
They were called to a ground floor flat in Shirley High Street to a blaze involving cooking just before 12.45pm today.
Sean Foster, watch manager at St Mary's said no-one was in the flat at the time.
Three crews from Redbridge and St Mary's attended and used four breathing apparatus, a hose and a fan to ventilate the property.
The kitchen suffered smoke damage.
No-one was injured.
Comments are closed on this article.