TODAY is the chance for Saints fans to warm up for the new Premier League season and meet some football heroes.
Two surprise star players from Southampton Football Club will be in the city’s WestQuay Shopping Centre from 2.30pm As football fever builds ahead of the new season, fans have the chance to rub shoulders with members of the Saints squad.
- Redmond ready to build on Saints momentum at Wembley
- McMenemy: Is the FA Cup being shown a lack of respect? You can bet on it
- PHOTOS: Stash of Saints souvenirs stuns club legend
- Handing Caceres a Wembley debut would be a big "gamble" says Benali
- COMPETITION: You can win two tickets to see Saints at Wembley - click to find out how
- Le Tissier is hoping for a week of cup giantkillings
- Saints sign Martin Caceres
- VOTE: would you play Martin Caceres at Wembley?
The duo will be at the club’s pop-up stand in the centre where there will be an opportunity to get signatures and pose for pictures.
Saints have been there all week and have been holding daily prize giveaways, laying on entertainment to supporters looking to get their football fix and selling season tickets.
That continues today until Sunday.
But the excitement doesn’t end there as next week the Daily Echo will bring you an exclusive competition where two lucky supporters can get their hands on season tickets – the details of which we’ll release on Monday.
At the stand, fans can live out their football fantasies, take charge of Saints and pick the team on Xbox video game consoles that have been set-up with the game FIFA 2014.
There’s also a chance to relive the club’s rise from League One to the Premier League on a big screen.
The highlights include the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy victory in 2010, promotion from the third tier in 2011 and the return to the top-flight in 2012.
Over the weekend children can get take-part in the football festivities with facepainting available from 11am-4pm.
As reported, it’s also another chance to catch a glimpse of the new red and white shirt that the team will don in the Premier League next term. That kit goes on sale on July 19.
They will wear the kit in the opening home match of the season when new manager Ronald Koeman takes charge of his inaugural competitive game at St Mary’s as Saints take on West Bromwich Albion on August 23.