A RESTAURANT which closed after diners were struck down by an outbreak of salmonella after eating there is due to re-open.
Following publicity and appeals for information, the council received more than 70 complaints from members of the public who ate at the Real China between July 11 and 24, when it closed, with 29 confirmed cases of salmonella.
Following the closure the restaurant management carried out a thorough deep clean of the premises, in the Swan Centre complex, and have reviewed their working practices.
The council said its Environmental Health team is satisfied that there is no significant health risk and as a result the restaurant has decided to reopen for business tonight .
A Council spokesman said: “Our Environmental Health team is carrying out a full investigation into the outbreak in conjunction with Public Health England.
“Our main priority was to protect public health and the Real China has cooperated fully, voluntarily closing until we were happy with standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
“Following significant work by the restaurant there is no reason for it to remain closed.”
Anyone who ate at the Real China between July 11 and 24 and has suffered from food poisoning symptoms should contact Helen Parsons on 023 8068 8329.