doc

THREE football fans who burst onto the pitch during Southampton’s dramatic late win over West Ham have been banned and fined almost £1,500.

However the three pitch invaders, who appeared before Southampton Magistrates’ Court on Monday, all escaped football banning orders.

Facing District Judge Anthony Callaway, all three pleaded guilty to entering the St Mary’s pitch during Saints’ 3-2 home win over West Ham on August 19.

Oliver Barnard, of Mescott Meadows, Hedge End, was handed a fine of £450.

Asked if he had anything to say about his actions, the 22-year-old kitchen fitter said he was “guilty and that’s it”.

Daniel Hallett, of Glen House, Storey Street, London, offered an apology for his actions and to the steward who attempted to apprehended him.

The 31-year-old’s defence said he acknowledged it was a “silly thing to do”.

The self-employed plumber was fined £450.

Jamie Davidson, 26, of Wraxall Close, Poole, also pleaded guilty and was fined £450.

All three were ordered to pay court costs of £85 each, and a victim surcharge of £45 each.

A spokesperson for Southampton FC confirmed that the trio have been banned from entering St Mary’s for the next three years.

They were reported to police after attempting to invade the St Mary’s pitch during Saints’ 3-2 win over West Ham in August.

The victory, Saints’ only Premier League win so far this season, came courtesy of a 93rd minute Charlie Austin penalty. He slotted past West Ham stopper Joe Hart from 12 yards, after Maya Yoshida was felled.

Saints are next in action on Saturday against Crystal Palace, who parted company with boss Frank de Boer after four games.