Saints defender Maya Yoshida plays full game as Japan warm up for World Cup with victory

Maya Yoshida

Maya Yoshida

First published in Sport

MAYA Yoshida played the full 90 minutes as Japan beat Costa Rica 3-1 in a World Cup warm-up friendly overnight in Florida.

The Saints defender was deployed at centre half in his country's victory over a Costa Rica side who are in England's World Cup group in Brazil.

Japan, who had fallen behind to a goal from Fulham's Bryan Riuz, next face Australia in another friendly this coming Saturday.

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:49am Tue 3 Jun 14

ShanoBrizzy says...

Hopefully the WC will see he improve that extra 10% we need and he can become that quality back up CD..
Hopefully the WC will see he improve that extra 10% we need and he can become that quality back up CD.. ShanoBrizzy
  • Score: 3

11:13am Tue 3 Jun 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

ShanoBrizzy wrote:
Hopefully the WC will see he improve that extra 10% we need and he can become that quality back up CD..
Or improve his transfer value?
[quote][p][bold]ShanoBrizzy[/bold] wrote: Hopefully the WC will see he improve that extra 10% we need and he can become that quality back up CD..[/p][/quote]Or improve his transfer value? OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 1

11:28am Tue 3 Jun 14

Rising_Son says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
ShanoBrizzy wrote:
Hopefully the WC will see he improve that extra 10% we need and he can become that quality back up CD..
Or improve his transfer value?
I hope he improves enough to be one of the first choice CBs.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ShanoBrizzy[/bold] wrote: Hopefully the WC will see he improve that extra 10% we need and he can become that quality back up CD..[/p][/quote]Or improve his transfer value?[/p][/quote]I hope he improves enough to be one of the first choice CBs. Rising_Son
  • Score: 1

1:07pm Tue 3 Jun 14

jls217 says...

Rising_Son wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
ShanoBrizzy wrote:
Hopefully the WC will see he improve that extra 10% we need and he can become that quality back up CD..
Or improve his transfer value?
I hope he improves enough to be one of the first choice CBs.
Yep agreed - we'll need him more than ever this coming season.

Unless someone offers us £30m for him of course.
Maybe we can catch Rogers Brenda in a weak moment whilst he has the cheque book out.
[quote][p][bold]Rising_Son[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ShanoBrizzy[/bold] wrote: Hopefully the WC will see he improve that extra 10% we need and he can become that quality back up CD..[/p][/quote]Or improve his transfer value?[/p][/quote]I hope he improves enough to be one of the first choice CBs.[/p][/quote]Yep agreed - we'll need him more than ever this coming season. Unless someone offers us £30m for him of course. Maybe we can catch Rogers Brenda in a weak moment whilst he has the cheque book out. jls217
  • Score: 0

4:28pm Tue 3 Jun 14

Jan28th1984 says...

Good on you, Yosh - here's a man with loyalty to his employers.

I am a Japan fan for the World Cup.
Good on you, Yosh - here's a man with loyalty to his employers. I am a Japan fan for the World Cup. Jan28th1984
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree