Adam Lallana speaks about his move from Southampton to Liverpool

Adam Lallana

Adam Lallana

First published in Sport
Last updated

Hear Adam Lallana's thoughts on his Liverpool move via the Anfield club's YouTube page.

The Saints captain completed his move from St Mary's to Anfield this morning for a fee in the region of £23m.

Comments (66)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:42pm Tue 1 Jul 14

brendanweldon says...

Not interested in him now...lets all just worry about the saints
Not interested in him now...lets all just worry about the saints brendanweldon
  • Score: 55

1:55pm Tue 1 Jul 14

JedSaint says...

If it doesn't work out at Liverpool his next job should be to captain a cross channel car ferry. If he hits a rock, he can just jump ship to save himself rather than staying to captain the crew and passengers at their time of need!
If it doesn't work out at Liverpool his next job should be to captain a cross channel car ferry. If he hits a rock, he can just jump ship to save himself rather than staying to captain the crew and passengers at their time of need! JedSaint
  • Score: 45

2:00pm Tue 1 Jul 14

szent8 says...

Who gives a flying f##k what the two faced piece of s##t has to say. COYR
Who gives a flying f##k what the two faced piece of s##t has to say. COYR szent8
  • Score: 54

2:04pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Outside of the Box says...

I'm surprised they managed to his head in shot on the camera, could give a sh1t what he has to say
I'm surprised they managed to his head in shot on the camera, could give a sh1t what he has to say Outside of the Box
  • Score: 29

2:08pm Tue 1 Jul 14

7saint7 says...

The next person i want to see the back of is Les reed . Talks out of his backside . He do a great job at portsmouth would fit right in with fans who would lap up his every word.
The next person i want to see the back of is Les reed . Talks out of his backside . He do a great job at portsmouth would fit right in with fans who would lap up his every word. 7saint7
  • Score: -26

2:12pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Public Health says...

It is sad that, at least from the quotes i have seen, Adam has said little about the support our club and fans gave him. For him to be quoted that he was thinking when we played Liverpool that he fancied playing for them is outrageous- he was captain- so what sort of example does that set. We will be better off without him around- his attitude must have affected others. The club really need to show serious intent and sign some big names that show we are moving forward.
It is sad that, at least from the quotes i have seen, Adam has said little about the support our club and fans gave him. For him to be quoted that he was thinking when we played Liverpool that he fancied playing for them is outrageous- he was captain- so what sort of example does that set. We will be better off without him around- his attitude must have affected others. The club really need to show serious intent and sign some big names that show we are moving forward. Public Health
  • Score: 57

2:14pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Kingofkings00 says...

hes nothing more then a greedy BEEP its all bout the money not loyalty HIM kissing the saints badge is more like spitting on it and giving the saints fans the middle finger i,m glad hes gone!!!
hes nothing more then a greedy BEEP its all bout the money not loyalty HIM kissing the saints badge is more like spitting on it and giving the saints fans the middle finger i,m glad hes gone!!! Kingofkings00
  • Score: 39

2:18pm Tue 1 Jul 14

larley says...

has he never heard of loyalty?
has he never heard of loyalty? larley
  • Score: 37

2:27pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Chipster says...

He could have at least had the good grace to acknowledge what Saints and the supporters had done for him. To admit to secretly beating one off with the thought of playing for them is somewhat tasteless and definitely ****ing ungrateful. What a fraud!
He could have at least had the good grace to acknowledge what Saints and the supporters had done for him. To admit to secretly beating one off with the thought of playing for them is somewhat tasteless and definitely ****ing ungrateful. What a fraud! Chipster
  • Score: 48

2:34pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Smuggins2 says...

The statement on the Clubs web site says it all.
The statement on the Clubs web site says it all. Smuggins2
  • Score: 33

2:49pm Tue 1 Jul 14

The Rise of The Foot Soldier. says...

WE FIGHT - WE WIN

GOOD RIDDANCE ...

he plays on the left ... he plays on the right .... BIGHEAD LALLANA is liverpool sh1te

COYR
WE FIGHT - WE WIN GOOD RIDDANCE ... he plays on the left ... he plays on the right .... BIGHEAD LALLANA is liverpool sh1te COYR The Rise of The Foot Soldier.
  • Score: 37

2:49pm Tue 1 Jul 14

pitbull says...

I'm sorry but this guys actions have been shameful.

But thinking more into the situation with the wantaways I've come up with the conclusion that things have been planted into their heads well before the finish of last season.
Shaw and Lallana apparently told the club on the last day of the season they wanted to go.
It's quite obvious that Lovren and Schneiderlin want out too. I seriously think that they were told before the season ended that they were too good for Southampton FC and should move on.
Probably by someone they respected who also thought he was too good for the club, like a previous manager.
A previous manager who was close buddies with a previous chairman, who stamped his feet because he couldn't get his own way.
The previous manager probably thought it was a good idea to try and ruin the club because the sight of his old club higher in the league than his current one would be a bit embarrassing.

I say, if they don't want to be at Saints then go, we'll get replacements.
This Dusan Tadic looks a great buy, more goals and assists than Lallana in less games too,and Pelle looks to be a decent player as well.

I did hear Steven Gerrard told Rodgers he couldn't play without a quaterzone injection and Lallana said, "If he's having one of them I want an Aston Martin".
Old but still funny.
I'm sorry but this guys actions have been shameful. But thinking more into the situation with the wantaways I've come up with the conclusion that things have been planted into their heads well before the finish of last season. Shaw and Lallana apparently told the club on the last day of the season they wanted to go. It's quite obvious that Lovren and Schneiderlin want out too. I seriously think that they were told before the season ended that they were too good for Southampton FC and should move on. Probably by someone they respected who also thought he was too good for the club, like a previous manager. A previous manager who was close buddies with a previous chairman, who stamped his feet because he couldn't get his own way. The previous manager probably thought it was a good idea to try and ruin the club because the sight of his old club higher in the league than his current one would be a bit embarrassing. I say, if they don't want to be at Saints then go, we'll get replacements. This Dusan Tadic looks a great buy, more goals and assists than Lallana in less games too,and Pelle looks to be a decent player as well. I did hear Steven Gerrard told Rodgers he couldn't play without a quaterzone injection and Lallana said, "If he's having one of them I want an Aston Martin". Old but still funny. pitbull
  • Score: 40

2:55pm Tue 1 Jul 14

jls217 says...

pitbull wrote:
I'm sorry but this guys actions have been shameful.

But thinking more into the situation with the wantaways I've come up with the conclusion that things have been planted into their heads well before the finish of last season.
Shaw and Lallana apparently told the club on the last day of the season they wanted to go.
It's quite obvious that Lovren and Schneiderlin want out too. I seriously think that they were told before the season ended that they were too good for Southampton FC and should move on.
Probably by someone they respected who also thought he was too good for the club, like a previous manager.
A previous manager who was close buddies with a previous chairman, who stamped his feet because he couldn't get his own way.
The previous manager probably thought it was a good idea to try and ruin the club because the sight of his old club higher in the league than his current one would be a bit embarrassing.

I say, if they don't want to be at Saints then go, we'll get replacements.
This Dusan Tadic looks a great buy, more goals and assists than Lallana in less games too,and Pelle looks to be a decent player as well.

I did hear Steven Gerrard told Rodgers he couldn't play without a quaterzone injection and Lallana said, "If he's having one of them I want an Aston Martin".
Old but still funny.
Hmmm. Interesting theory mate and sort of rings true as well. Would not be at all surprised if you weren't a millions miles away here.
[quote][p][bold]pitbull[/bold] wrote: I'm sorry but this guys actions have been shameful. But thinking more into the situation with the wantaways I've come up with the conclusion that things have been planted into their heads well before the finish of last season. Shaw and Lallana apparently told the club on the last day of the season they wanted to go. It's quite obvious that Lovren and Schneiderlin want out too. I seriously think that they were told before the season ended that they were too good for Southampton FC and should move on. Probably by someone they respected who also thought he was too good for the club, like a previous manager. A previous manager who was close buddies with a previous chairman, who stamped his feet because he couldn't get his own way. The previous manager probably thought it was a good idea to try and ruin the club because the sight of his old club higher in the league than his current one would be a bit embarrassing. I say, if they don't want to be at Saints then go, we'll get replacements. This Dusan Tadic looks a great buy, more goals and assists than Lallana in less games too,and Pelle looks to be a decent player as well. I did hear Steven Gerrard told Rodgers he couldn't play without a quaterzone injection and Lallana said, "If he's having one of them I want an Aston Martin". Old but still funny.[/p][/quote]Hmmm. Interesting theory mate and sort of rings true as well. Would not be at all surprised if you weren't a millions miles away here. jls217
  • Score: 26

2:56pm Tue 1 Jul 14

2getheras1 says...

brendanweldon wrote:
Not interested in him now...lets all just worry about the saints
Here here
[quote][p][bold]brendanweldon[/bold] wrote: Not interested in him now...lets all just worry about the saints[/p][/quote]Here here 2getheras1
  • Score: 26

2:58pm Tue 1 Jul 14

apm1954 says...

scouse git lets move on
scouse git lets move on apm1954
  • Score: 17

3:01pm Tue 1 Jul 14

couzzy33 says...

Respect for the part he played in getting us where we are but that's all it ever was, a part. I wouldn't mind betting that he thinks he's solely responsible for our success either. I can understand wanting to further your career, I think we all would if a company offered us double our salary BUT heres the difference EX-CAPTAIN, all of us would acknowledge the training given to us by our former employee and have the decency to say thanks. Clattenberg was right about you, you really have changed, into a snivelling , whining sell out. Good luck in your new venture but rest assured that your legacy at this great club is not one that I would be proud of but then I love this club.
Respect for the part he played in getting us where we are but that's all it ever was, a part. I wouldn't mind betting that he thinks he's solely responsible for our success either. I can understand wanting to further your career, I think we all would if a company offered us double our salary BUT heres the difference EX-CAPTAIN, all of us would acknowledge the training given to us by our former employee and have the decency to say thanks. Clattenberg was right about you, you really have changed, into a snivelling , whining sell out. Good luck in your new venture but rest assured that your legacy at this great club is not one that I would be proud of but then I love this club. couzzy33
  • Score: 23

3:09pm Tue 1 Jul 14

SNUGGLES 78 says...

hipster mercenary , well rid.
hipster mercenary , well rid. SNUGGLES 78
  • Score: 25

3:27pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Prit says...

No thanks
No thanks Prit
  • Score: 20

4:06pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Dave Juson says...

jls217 wrote:
pitbull wrote:
I'm sorry but this guys actions have been shameful.

But thinking more into the situation with the wantaways I've come up with the conclusion that things have been planted into their heads well before the finish of last season.
Shaw and Lallana apparently told the club on the last day of the season they wanted to go.
It's quite obvious that Lovren and Schneiderlin want out too. I seriously think that they were told before the season ended that they were too good for Southampton FC and should move on.
Probably by someone they respected who also thought he was too good for the club, like a previous manager.
A previous manager who was close buddies with a previous chairman, who stamped his feet because he couldn't get his own way.
The previous manager probably thought it was a good idea to try and ruin the club because the sight of his old club higher in the league than his current one would be a bit embarrassing.

I say, if they don't want to be at Saints then go, we'll get replacements.
This Dusan Tadic looks a great buy, more goals and assists than Lallana in less games too,and Pelle looks to be a decent player as well.

I did hear Steven Gerrard told Rodgers he couldn't play without a quaterzone injection and Lallana said, "If he's having one of them I want an Aston Martin".
Old but still funny.
Hmmm. Interesting theory mate and sort of rings true as well. Would not be at all surprised if you weren't a millions miles away here.
So, you think Dusan Tadic should stick two fingers up to FC Twente and its supporters on the basis that you believe he will be more loyal to Saints than the treasonous Adam Lallana has been?
I think that theory needs some work.
[quote][p][bold]jls217[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pitbull[/bold] wrote: I'm sorry but this guys actions have been shameful. But thinking more into the situation with the wantaways I've come up with the conclusion that things have been planted into their heads well before the finish of last season. Shaw and Lallana apparently told the club on the last day of the season they wanted to go. It's quite obvious that Lovren and Schneiderlin want out too. I seriously think that they were told before the season ended that they were too good for Southampton FC and should move on. Probably by someone they respected who also thought he was too good for the club, like a previous manager. A previous manager who was close buddies with a previous chairman, who stamped his feet because he couldn't get his own way. The previous manager probably thought it was a good idea to try and ruin the club because the sight of his old club higher in the league than his current one would be a bit embarrassing. I say, if they don't want to be at Saints then go, we'll get replacements. This Dusan Tadic looks a great buy, more goals and assists than Lallana in less games too,and Pelle looks to be a decent player as well. I did hear Steven Gerrard told Rodgers he couldn't play without a quaterzone injection and Lallana said, "If he's having one of them I want an Aston Martin". Old but still funny.[/p][/quote]Hmmm. Interesting theory mate and sort of rings true as well. Would not be at all surprised if you weren't a millions miles away here.[/p][/quote]So, you think Dusan Tadic should stick two fingers up to FC Twente and its supporters on the basis that you believe he will be more loyal to Saints than the treasonous Adam Lallana has been? I think that theory needs some work. Dave Juson
  • Score: 8

4:08pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Mick,Derby says...

Interesting tweet from Aex Goring Crook of Press Association.
He claims that sources have told him hat Lallana had told Saints prior to his Liverpool move that he would never play for them again.
Makes sense The clubs official site gives him 2 lines about his departure and doesn't give any detail of his captaincy or career with Saints.Compare that with the coverageLuke and Ricky got on the site.
Seems to me the guy has had a detrimental effect on everyone else. Could be that he is the instigator of others wanting to go
We were right to ship him out quick.
He will be in good company at Liverpool.
Cant help feeling that Koeman will have a hell of a job to repair the damage .
We should not do any more business with Liverpool or Spurs, who clearly expect to profit out of this mess.
Lets move on..the future is bright without him.
Come on Echo..follow this story up.
Interesting tweet from Aex Goring Crook of Press Association. He claims that sources have told him hat Lallana had told Saints prior to his Liverpool move that he would never play for them again. Makes sense The clubs official site gives him 2 lines about his departure and doesn't give any detail of his captaincy or career with Saints.Compare that with the coverageLuke and Ricky got on the site. Seems to me the guy has had a detrimental effect on everyone else. Could be that he is the instigator of others wanting to go We were right to ship him out quick. He will be in good company at Liverpool. Cant help feeling that Koeman will have a hell of a job to repair the damage . We should not do any more business with Liverpool or Spurs, who clearly expect to profit out of this mess. Lets move on..the future is bright without him. Come on Echo..follow this story up. Mick,Derby
  • Score: 32

4:12pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Littleton-Saint says...

Lallana is a traitor He is also a fool because Saints will achieve greater things under Koeman than Lallana will achieve at over-geared Anfield.
Saints is the best team - it's not about money - it's about heart.
Lallana is a traitor He is also a fool because Saints will achieve greater things under Koeman than Lallana will achieve at over-geared Anfield. Saints is the best team - it's not about money - it's about heart. Littleton-Saint
  • Score: 19

4:18pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Alex297 says...

He is irreplaceable ! biggest loss so far ! If board is quick enough Luke Shaws replacement is available naming Mehrdad Pooladi Iran left back who is keen to play in Premier league ,the 27 years old who is named 29th best player in this world cup by FIFA is a target for Dinamo Kiev as well.
He is irreplaceable ! biggest loss so far ! If board is quick enough Luke Shaws replacement is available naming Mehrdad Pooladi Iran left back who is keen to play in Premier league ,the 27 years old who is named 29th best player in this world cup by FIFA is a target for Dinamo Kiev as well. Alex297
  • Score: 2

4:22pm Tue 1 Jul 14

richard903 says...

sky are reporting that we have agreed a fee for Tadic so replacement on its way, plus JWP really improved last season, lets hope he pushes on under RK
sky are reporting that we have agreed a fee for Tadic so replacement on its way, plus JWP really improved last season, lets hope he pushes on under RK richard903
  • Score: 14

4:29pm Tue 1 Jul 14

up saints says...

llalana is passed just hope we stuff liverpool like last year
llalana is passed just hope we stuff liverpool like last year up saints
  • Score: 12

4:31pm Tue 1 Jul 14

St.Winch70 says...

pitbull wrote:
I'm sorry but this guys actions have been shameful.

But thinking more into the situation with the wantaways I've come up with the conclusion that things have been planted into their heads well before the finish of last season.
Shaw and Lallana apparently told the club on the last day of the season they wanted to go.
It's quite obvious that Lovren and Schneiderlin want out too. I seriously think that they were told before the season ended that they were too good for Southampton FC and should move on.
Probably by someone they respected who also thought he was too good for the club, like a previous manager.
A previous manager who was close buddies with a previous chairman, who stamped his feet because he couldn't get his own way.
The previous manager probably thought it was a good idea to try and ruin the club because the sight of his old club higher in the league than his current one would be a bit embarrassing.

I say, if they don't want to be at Saints then go, we'll get replacements.
This Dusan Tadic looks a great buy, more goals and assists than Lallana in less games too,and Pelle looks to be a decent player as well.

I did hear Steven Gerrard told Rodgers he couldn't play without a quaterzone injection and Lallana said, "If he's having one of them I want an Aston Martin".
Old but still funny.
Quick to bemoan the very personnel that saved and elevated the club to the position we're in now.
Why is it so hard to understand that teams and clubs change, just wish them well when they leave and support the people that matter now...the current crop of players that want to play for the club, the new manager, and his new signings when they arrive.
All this bitterness is debilitating you know.....
[quote][p][bold]pitbull[/bold] wrote: I'm sorry but this guys actions have been shameful. But thinking more into the situation with the wantaways I've come up with the conclusion that things have been planted into their heads well before the finish of last season. Shaw and Lallana apparently told the club on the last day of the season they wanted to go. It's quite obvious that Lovren and Schneiderlin want out too. I seriously think that they were told before the season ended that they were too good for Southampton FC and should move on. Probably by someone they respected who also thought he was too good for the club, like a previous manager. A previous manager who was close buddies with a previous chairman, who stamped his feet because he couldn't get his own way. The previous manager probably thought it was a good idea to try and ruin the club because the sight of his old club higher in the league than his current one would be a bit embarrassing. I say, if they don't want to be at Saints then go, we'll get replacements. This Dusan Tadic looks a great buy, more goals and assists than Lallana in less games too,and Pelle looks to be a decent player as well. I did hear Steven Gerrard told Rodgers he couldn't play without a quaterzone injection and Lallana said, "If he's having one of them I want an Aston Martin". Old but still funny.[/p][/quote]Quick to bemoan the very personnel that saved and elevated the club to the position we're in now. Why is it so hard to understand that teams and clubs change, just wish them well when they leave and support the people that matter now...the current crop of players that want to play for the club, the new manager, and his new signings when they arrive. All this bitterness is debilitating you know..... St.Winch70
  • Score: -29

4:42pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Stroppy_gramps says...

he's part of the clubs history now.
what he said or how he engineered the move is utterly irrelevant.


move on.
he's part of the clubs history now. what he said or how he engineered the move is utterly irrelevant. move on. Stroppy_gramps
  • Score: 7

4:48pm Tue 1 Jul 14

St.Winch70 says...

Littleton-Saint wrote:
Lallana is a traitor He is also a fool because Saints will achieve greater things under Koeman than Lallana will achieve at over-geared Anfield.
Saints is the best team - it's not about money - it's about heart.
No he isn't a traitor, he's a professional sportsman who has decided to change employer. You on the other hand are a supporter of a football club, so for you it's not about money, it's about heart. If you understand how that dynamic works, you'll never feel let down by individuals that play sport for a career.
[quote][p][bold]Littleton-Saint[/bold] wrote: Lallana is a traitor He is also a fool because Saints will achieve greater things under Koeman than Lallana will achieve at over-geared Anfield. Saints is the best team - it's not about money - it's about heart.[/p][/quote]No he isn't a traitor, he's a professional sportsman who has decided to change employer. You on the other hand are a supporter of a football club, so for you it's not about money, it's about heart. If you understand how that dynamic works, you'll never feel let down by individuals that play sport for a career. St.Winch70
  • Score: -9

4:48pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Stnana says...

richard903 wrote:
sky are reporting that we have agreed a fee for Tadic so replacement on its way, plus JWP really improved last season, lets hope he pushes on under RK
Don't pin your hopes on JWP as his father was busy earlier in the year tweeting that both Man U and and Liverpool were very interested in his son. IMO there'll be no loyalty there when the big bucks are offered.
[quote][p][bold]richard903[/bold] wrote: sky are reporting that we have agreed a fee for Tadic so replacement on its way, plus JWP really improved last season, lets hope he pushes on under RK[/p][/quote]Don't pin your hopes on JWP as his father was busy earlier in the year tweeting that both Man U and and Liverpool were very interested in his son. IMO there'll be no loyalty there when the big bucks are offered. Stnana
  • Score: 11

4:58pm Tue 1 Jul 14

search for truth says...

up saints wrote:
llalana is passed just hope we stuff liverpool like last year
NO CHANCE ! ! !
[quote][p][bold]up saints[/bold] wrote: llalana is passed just hope we stuff liverpool like last year[/p][/quote]NO CHANCE ! ! ! search for truth
  • Score: -12

5:05pm Tue 1 Jul 14

NC Fan4Life says...

Good Luke Adam and thank you for your part over the last 5 years.

Its is a pity that you had nothing to say to the fans or the club and why you signed up for five years only a year ago. Why did you not go then and what changed your mind after a good season towards the goal you signed up for, after all you were our captain.
Good Luke Adam and thank you for your part over the last 5 years. Its is a pity that you had nothing to say to the fans or the club and why you signed up for five years only a year ago. Why did you not go then and what changed your mind after a good season towards the goal you signed up for, after all you were our captain. NC Fan4Life
  • Score: 13

5:11pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Berkshire Saint says...

I agree with those who say that now is the time for a measured reaction and not for labelling him as a traitor. Wish him well and thank him for the contribution to our recent success but we're embarking on a new chapter now and it's time to move on. I also agree that MOPO, due to his closeness to the players, may well have sowed the seed before he left, because he knew for a long time that he wouldn't be signing to stay on. Whether this is because a lack of vision from the board or whether he was only ever putting himself in the shop windows, who knows.

Let's now regroup and give Koeman are full support. One thing this has done is fired up the Saints fans for next year .
I agree with those who say that now is the time for a measured reaction and not for labelling him as a traitor. Wish him well and thank him for the contribution to our recent success but we're embarking on a new chapter now and it's time to move on. I also agree that MOPO, due to his closeness to the players, may well have sowed the seed before he left, because he knew for a long time that he wouldn't be signing to stay on. Whether this is because a lack of vision from the board or whether he was only ever putting himself in the shop windows, who knows. Let's now regroup and give Koeman are full support. One thing this has done is fired up the Saints fans for next year . Berkshire Saint
  • Score: 5

5:23pm Tue 1 Jul 14

bobpetch says...

At least our friends at Bournemouth are very happy.This will help keep them in the championship for another season.
At least our friends at Bournemouth are very happy.This will help keep them in the championship for another season. bobpetch
  • Score: 5

5:25pm Tue 1 Jul 14

richard903 says...

Stnana wrote:
richard903 wrote: sky are reporting that we have agreed a fee for Tadic so replacement on its way, plus JWP really improved last season, lets hope he pushes on under RK
Don't pin your hopes on JWP as his father was busy earlier in the year tweeting that both Man U and and Liverpool were very interested in his son. IMO there'll be no loyalty there when the big bucks are offered.
thank you, I was not aware! at least us fans are loyal
[quote][p][bold]Stnana[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]richard903[/bold] wrote: sky are reporting that we have agreed a fee for Tadic so replacement on its way, plus JWP really improved last season, lets hope he pushes on under RK[/p][/quote]Don't pin your hopes on JWP as his father was busy earlier in the year tweeting that both Man U and and Liverpool were very interested in his son. IMO there'll be no loyalty there when the big bucks are offered.[/p][/quote]thank you, I was not aware! at least us fans are loyal richard903
  • Score: 3

5:36pm Tue 1 Jul 14

durhamsaint87 says...

From his interview on YouTube if Saints had not granted his wish he would of had a tantrum. But as I have said he is the past lets move on and play the type of football with the new and loyal players who have stayed, with the passion we have come to know over the last few years. In some ways this has happened before and will happen again. As for now we have a new squad and RK will along with his new staff play the attractive football we have come to know. COYR's
From his interview on YouTube if Saints had not granted his wish he would of had a tantrum. But as I have said he is the past lets move on and play the type of football with the new and loyal players who have stayed, with the passion we have come to know over the last few years. In some ways this has happened before and will happen again. As for now we have a new squad and RK will along with his new staff play the attractive football we have come to know. COYR's durhamsaint87
  • Score: 6

5:38pm Tue 1 Jul 14

get Kat L out says...

2 reasonable sized fish in a small pond are now just small fish in a larger pond.....but everyone knows how hard up prem footballers are so who can blame them? home is where the money is.....apparently.
OK sounds harsh on Lambert as it was his boyhood dream but I think if saints didn't buy him and guide him he would never have had a career path that would have taken him there.
Come on Ron K....may your good record continue with us.
We need quality.
2 reasonable sized fish in a small pond are now just small fish in a larger pond.....but everyone knows how hard up prem footballers are so who can blame them? home is where the money is.....apparently. OK sounds harsh on Lambert as it was his boyhood dream but I think if saints didn't buy him and guide him he would never have had a career path that would have taken him there. Come on Ron K....may your good record continue with us. We need quality. get Kat L out
  • Score: 9

5:47pm Tue 1 Jul 14

notaclue says...

7saint7 wrote:
The next person i want to see the back of is Les reed . Talks out of his backside . He do a great job at portsmouth would fit right in with fans who would lap up his every word.
Right now if it wasn't for Les Reed we would be dead in the water, he was the only one left at Saints with any football experience at all recently. Who do you think brought in Koeman and all the coaches? Do you think Ralph and Kat should be running the show on their own?
Whatever you think we could have sunk without him in the last few months.
[quote][p][bold]7saint7[/bold] wrote: The next person i want to see the back of is Les reed . Talks out of his backside . He do a great job at portsmouth would fit right in with fans who would lap up his every word.[/p][/quote]Right now if it wasn't for Les Reed we would be dead in the water, he was the only one left at Saints with any football experience at all recently. Who do you think brought in Koeman and all the coaches? Do you think Ralph and Kat should be running the show on their own? Whatever you think we could have sunk without him in the last few months. notaclue
  • Score: 28

6:02pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Wagon painted says...

I understand the national press giving every angle and snippet on signings of other clubs but I'm personally sick of reading about Shaw and Lallana.They have made there bed now let them lie in it.Please daily echo stop covering past players.Just focus on possible signings even if you make it up.No one has died certainly not Saints
I understand the national press giving every angle and snippet on signings of other clubs but I'm personally sick of reading about Shaw and Lallana.They have made there bed now let them lie in it.Please daily echo stop covering past players.Just focus on possible signings even if you make it up.No one has died certainly not Saints Wagon painted
  • Score: 11

6:14pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Billy Bowl says...

At then end of the day every dog has it's dinner.
At then end of the day every dog has it's dinner. Billy Bowl
  • Score: 2

6:18pm Tue 1 Jul 14

soton1980 says...

He didn't even bother to acknowledge or thank the club and fans for supporting him through the years (for instance when he had his heart condition). Apparently he told the directors that he would never pull on a Saints shirt ever again. All this after signing a long-term contract and professing his love for the club.

It sounds like Clattenburg was right about Lallana changing. He has really let the club down.
He didn't even bother to acknowledge or thank the club and fans for supporting him through the years (for instance when he had his heart condition). Apparently he told the directors that he would never pull on a Saints shirt ever again. All this after signing a long-term contract and professing his love for the club. It sounds like Clattenburg was right about Lallana changing. He has really let the club down. soton1980
  • Score: 28

6:19pm Tue 1 Jul 14

7saint7 says...

notaclue wrote:
7saint7 wrote:
The next person i want to see the back of is Les reed . Talks out of his backside . He do a great job at portsmouth would fit right in with fans who would lap up his every word.
Right now if it wasn't for Les Reed we would be dead in the water, he was the only one left at Saints with any football experience at all recently. Who do you think brought in Koeman and all the coaches? Do you think Ralph and Kat should be running the show on their own?
Whatever you think we could have sunk without him in the last few months.
The guys been been talking out of his backside. any way just heard FC Twente have agreed a free for Tadic so some good news at last.
[quote][p][bold]notaclue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]7saint7[/bold] wrote: The next person i want to see the back of is Les reed . Talks out of his backside . He do a great job at portsmouth would fit right in with fans who would lap up his every word.[/p][/quote]Right now if it wasn't for Les Reed we would be dead in the water, he was the only one left at Saints with any football experience at all recently. Who do you think brought in Koeman and all the coaches? Do you think Ralph and Kat should be running the show on their own? Whatever you think we could have sunk without him in the last few months.[/p][/quote]The guys been been talking out of his backside. any way just heard FC Twente have agreed a free for Tadic so some good news at last. 7saint7
  • Score: 6

6:21pm Tue 1 Jul 14

AdamG10 says...

Let's just put this to bed and move on. I wish Adam well as he was part of our rise to where we are now. However, I do feel he lacked class and dignity with the way he went about his move and should have shown the club and fans a hell of a lot more respect. He must have seriously upset the club given the statement on the official saints site. Anyway as I said let's move on. We'll soon have new heroes amongst the ranks. This Tadic fella looks the dogs dangly bits!!
Let's just put this to bed and move on. I wish Adam well as he was part of our rise to where we are now. However, I do feel he lacked class and dignity with the way he went about his move and should have shown the club and fans a hell of a lot more respect. He must have seriously upset the club given the statement on the official saints site. Anyway as I said let's move on. We'll soon have new heroes amongst the ranks. This Tadic fella looks the dogs dangly bits!! AdamG10
  • Score: 7

6:26pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Stnana says...

richard903 wrote:
Stnana wrote:
richard903 wrote: sky are reporting that we have agreed a fee for Tadic so replacement on its way, plus JWP really improved last season, lets hope he pushes on under RK
Don't pin your hopes on JWP as his father was busy earlier in the year tweeting that both Man U and and Liverpool were very interested in his son. IMO there'll be no loyalty there when the big bucks are offered.
thank you, I was not aware! at least us fans are loyal
I should also have said that if you want to know what's going on it's worth keeping an eye on what players friends and family members are tweeting and posting on Facebook. I'm sure this is where most reporters get their information from ! I'm not on Facebook but have friends who are. Luke Shaw leaving must have been the worst kept secret on the Waterside, he and his friends were not very discreet . From what I read his decision was made long before MP or even NC left . As for AL his friends were protesting too loudly on Facebook a long time ago, it wasn't too difficult to read between the lines. Anyone who thinks the departure of any of these players was anything to do with MP leaving is IMO barking up the wrong tree. He may have influenced them along with others but I'm sure it was far more to do with the fortunes to be made, on top of those they had already made. Pure and simple greed !
[quote][p][bold]richard903[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stnana[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]richard903[/bold] wrote: sky are reporting that we have agreed a fee for Tadic so replacement on its way, plus JWP really improved last season, lets hope he pushes on under RK[/p][/quote]Don't pin your hopes on JWP as his father was busy earlier in the year tweeting that both Man U and and Liverpool were very interested in his son. IMO there'll be no loyalty there when the big bucks are offered.[/p][/quote]thank you, I was not aware! at least us fans are loyal[/p][/quote]I should also have said that if you want to know what's going on it's worth keeping an eye on what players friends and family members are tweeting and posting on Facebook. I'm sure this is where most reporters get their information from ! I'm not on Facebook but have friends who are. Luke Shaw leaving must have been the worst kept secret on the Waterside, he and his friends were not very discreet . From what I read his decision was made long before MP or even NC left . As for AL his friends were protesting too loudly on Facebook a long time ago, it wasn't too difficult to read between the lines. Anyone who thinks the departure of any of these players was anything to do with MP leaving is IMO barking up the wrong tree. He may have influenced them along with others but I'm sure it was far more to do with the fortunes to be made, on top of those they had already made. Pure and simple greed ! Stnana
  • Score: 13

6:35pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Golden_Salamander says...

A couple of things I have been told :-
1/ We were in danger of falling foul of the new Financial Fair Play rules because we never sold anyone. Luke was sold in the 2013-14 year of account and Adam deal was delayed until 1st July to put it in the 2014-15 yoa.
By selling £25-30m in each year and REINVESTING we will increase our TURNOVER as a Club by that amount and the FPP rules are based on ratio of Wages to Turnover we should stay within the rules.

2/ In case anyone didn't know Luke and Adam and Pochettino ALL had the same Agents - Stellar Group (Jon Barnett & David Manasseh).
(These were the same agents that took Bale off us and also off spurs to Real Madrid; they were also the agents that arranged the Cole deal from arsenal to Chelsea a few years ago that caused a lot of bad feeling).
When Cortese was in charge he made sure he kept on the right side of them however I was told that Ralph upset them within a few weeks by ?? questioning certain payments ? and we are seeing the result with "their players" now leaving us.
I am told that there are 2 other players on our books that have them as Agents.

I remember a few years ago in the league 1 days when Adam got within 6 months of the end of his contract and he signed a new one 5 year one. He said something about NOT HAVING AN AGENT and not needing one, so something has changed him to go out and get somebody that has a record of "moving players on" !
A couple of things I have been told :- 1/ We were in danger of falling foul of the new Financial Fair Play rules because we never sold anyone. Luke was sold in the 2013-14 year of account and Adam deal was delayed until 1st July to put it in the 2014-15 yoa. By selling £25-30m in each year and REINVESTING we will increase our TURNOVER as a Club by that amount and the FPP rules are based on ratio of Wages to Turnover we should stay within the rules. 2/ In case anyone didn't know Luke and Adam and Pochettino ALL had the same Agents - Stellar Group (Jon Barnett & David Manasseh). (These were the same agents that took Bale off us and also off spurs to Real Madrid; they were also the agents that arranged the Cole deal from arsenal to Chelsea a few years ago that caused a lot of bad feeling). When Cortese was in charge he made sure he kept on the right side of them however I was told that Ralph upset them within a few weeks by ?? questioning certain payments ? and we are seeing the result with "their players" now leaving us. I am told that there are 2 other players on our books that have them as Agents. I remember a few years ago in the league 1 days when Adam got within 6 months of the end of his contract and he signed a new one 5 year one. He said something about NOT HAVING AN AGENT and not needing one, so something has changed him to go out and get somebody that has a record of "moving players on" ! Golden_Salamander
  • Score: 13

6:36pm Tue 1 Jul 14

de Heiligen paard 101 says...

saints have been tweeting about the players being back in training with pics and videos, much better than the bigheads video.
I have to say I like the look of the training kit/top, looks like ralphs been busy with the old needle and thread.
according to some it will be made from primark material in a local sweetshop though! hope the players don't get too hot and sweaty in their basic cotton non-breathable tops!
saints have been tweeting about the players being back in training with pics and videos, much better than the bigheads video. I have to say I like the look of the training kit/top, looks like ralphs been busy with the old needle and thread. according to some it will be made from primark material in a local sweetshop though! hope the players don't get too hot and sweaty in their basic cotton non-breathable tops! de Heiligen paard 101
  • Score: 0

7:20pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Purist85 says...

Smuggins2 wrote:
The statement on the Clubs web site says it all.
And the photo too! Just look at that face? Deceitful little t@#t!
[quote][p][bold]Smuggins2[/bold] wrote: The statement on the Clubs web site says it all.[/p][/quote]And the photo too! Just look at that face? Deceitful little t@#t! Purist85
  • Score: 6

7:29pm Tue 1 Jul 14

saintbobby says...

St.Winch70 wrote:
pitbull wrote:
I'm sorry but this guys actions have been shameful.

But thinking more into the situation with the wantaways I've come up with the conclusion that things have been planted into their heads well before the finish of last season.
Shaw and Lallana apparently told the club on the last day of the season they wanted to go.
It's quite obvious that Lovren and Schneiderlin want out too. I seriously think that they were told before the season ended that they were too good for Southampton FC and should move on.
Probably by someone they respected who also thought he was too good for the club, like a previous manager.
A previous manager who was close buddies with a previous chairman, who stamped his feet because he couldn't get his own way.
The previous manager probably thought it was a good idea to try and ruin the club because the sight of his old club higher in the league than his current one would be a bit embarrassing.

I say, if they don't want to be at Saints then go, we'll get replacements.
This Dusan Tadic looks a great buy, more goals and assists than Lallana in less games too,and Pelle looks to be a decent player as well.

I did hear Steven Gerrard told Rodgers he couldn't play without a quaterzone injection and Lallana said, "If he's having one of them I want an Aston Martin".
Old but still funny.
Quick to bemoan the very personnel that saved and elevated the club to the position we're in now.
Why is it so hard to understand that teams and clubs change, just wish them well when they leave and support the people that matter now...the current crop of players that want to play for the club, the new manager, and his new signings when they arrive.
All this bitterness is debilitating you know.....
I understand your point, but Lallana lost a lot, if not all, respect by his inane comment that whilst playing against Liverpool last season, he dreamt of moving there. Just a plain stupid, and inconsiderate comment.

Also, has anyone asked why, if AL is SO good, why MP did not come in with a bid. Remember he substituted AL many times last season. Was it all because of injuries/knocks?

The Board might have got fed up with Adam as well, and thought £25 million was too good to turn down. Clutterbuck got it right when he said AL had changed since he got in the England team.

Now it's all over and the new team starts in August - that is not too new, I hope. Up the Saints, remember that Lallana.
[quote][p][bold]St.Winch70[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pitbull[/bold] wrote: I'm sorry but this guys actions have been shameful. But thinking more into the situation with the wantaways I've come up with the conclusion that things have been planted into their heads well before the finish of last season. Shaw and Lallana apparently told the club on the last day of the season they wanted to go. It's quite obvious that Lovren and Schneiderlin want out too. I seriously think that they were told before the season ended that they were too good for Southampton FC and should move on. Probably by someone they respected who also thought he was too good for the club, like a previous manager. A previous manager who was close buddies with a previous chairman, who stamped his feet because he couldn't get his own way. The previous manager probably thought it was a good idea to try and ruin the club because the sight of his old club higher in the league than his current one would be a bit embarrassing. I say, if they don't want to be at Saints then go, we'll get replacements. This Dusan Tadic looks a great buy, more goals and assists than Lallana in less games too,and Pelle looks to be a decent player as well. I did hear Steven Gerrard told Rodgers he couldn't play without a quaterzone injection and Lallana said, "If he's having one of them I want an Aston Martin". Old but still funny.[/p][/quote]Quick to bemoan the very personnel that saved and elevated the club to the position we're in now. Why is it so hard to understand that teams and clubs change, just wish them well when they leave and support the people that matter now...the current crop of players that want to play for the club, the new manager, and his new signings when they arrive. All this bitterness is debilitating you know.....[/p][/quote]I understand your point, but Lallana lost a lot, if not all, respect by his inane comment that whilst playing against Liverpool last season, he dreamt of moving there. Just a plain stupid, and inconsiderate comment. Also, has anyone asked why, if AL is SO good, why MP did not come in with a bid. Remember he substituted AL many times last season. Was it all because of injuries/knocks? The Board might have got fed up with Adam as well, and thought £25 million was too good to turn down. Clutterbuck got it right when he said AL had changed since he got in the England team. Now it's all over and the new team starts in August - that is not too new, I hope. Up the Saints, remember that Lallana. saintbobby
  • Score: 6

7:35pm Tue 1 Jul 14

long memory says...

Apparently,the disquiet with the Saints players was NC promising them all a bonus,which KL knew nothing about,and put a stop to it,so NC handed his notice in,or was given 3 months notice,allegedly. As has been said before,the easiest thing in the world is to spend other peoples money.
Having said that,I do feel very sorry for AL,I mean,how could you supporters survive on approx £38,000 a week.
Apparently,the disquiet with the Saints players was NC promising them all a bonus,which KL knew nothing about,and put a stop to it,so NC handed his notice in,or was given 3 months notice,allegedly. As has been said before,the easiest thing in the world is to spend other peoples money. Having said that,I do feel very sorry for AL,I mean,how could you supporters survive on approx £38,000 a week. long memory
  • Score: 0

7:50pm Tue 1 Jul 14

SaintsSteve says...

JedSaint wrote:
If it doesn't work out at Liverpool his next job should be to captain a cross channel car ferry. If he hits a rock, he can just jump ship to save himself rather than staying to captain the crew and passengers at their time of need!
he needs 2 be carefull on the way up you never know who you meet on your way back down
[quote][p][bold]JedSaint[/bold] wrote: If it doesn't work out at Liverpool his next job should be to captain a cross channel car ferry. If he hits a rock, he can just jump ship to save himself rather than staying to captain the crew and passengers at their time of need![/p][/quote]he needs 2 be carefull on the way up you never know who you meet on your way back down SaintsSteve
  • Score: 5

8:06pm Tue 1 Jul 14

InCortesewetrust says...

Expensive bench warmer! Apparently he told the saints bord, if the deal isn't done he will never play for saints again,,, I would of said ok, go train with the youth or the remainder of your contract, break a leg adam top lad!
Expensive bench warmer! Apparently he told the saints bord, if the deal isn't done he will never play for saints again,,, I would of said ok, go train with the youth or the remainder of your contract, break a leg adam top lad! InCortesewetrust
  • Score: 6

8:21pm Tue 1 Jul 14

John Smith34 says...

The difference in statements between Lambert and Lallana from the football club speaks a thousand words. I personally did not begrudge Rickies transfer one little bit but was very saddened as it felt like an end of an era. The guy had single handedly won the hearts of Saints fans buy scoring goals at every level when all the people out side of the club doubted him ,he proved them wrong and I have nothing but admiration for Rickie and his fairy tale story. Some people may disagree but he's up there with Tiss for his contribution to the history of our magnificent football club but in different ways.

Lallana on the other hand can get f**ked........classl
ess......
The difference in statements between Lambert and Lallana from the football club speaks a thousand words. I personally did not begrudge Rickies transfer one little bit but was very saddened as it felt like an end of an era. The guy had single handedly won the hearts of Saints fans buy scoring goals at every level when all the people out side of the club doubted him ,he proved them wrong and I have nothing but admiration for Rickie and his fairy tale story. Some people may disagree but he's up there with Tiss for his contribution to the history of our magnificent football club but in different ways. Lallana on the other hand can get f**ked........classl ess...... John Smith34
  • Score: 11

8:29pm Tue 1 Jul 14

harry hater says...

I have no problems with him moving on ....up to him...and to all the people that say who would not move to double your money but I think people forget that he's not normal money....prob a millionaire a few times over ....just a thought
I have no problems with him moving on ....up to him...and to all the people that say who would not move to double your money but I think people forget that he's not normal money....prob a millionaire a few times over ....just a thought harry hater
  • Score: 3

8:39pm Tue 1 Jul 14

St.Gaz says...

I see Adam lallana is to pay for a full page in the echo to thank the southampton fans!
Jog on! Just giving lip sevice because he knows there's no love for him anymore! Probably been reading the forum's to assess the damage!!!
To little to late your are past we're looking to are future shame you will not be part of it! But your see that one player don't make a club!
This is southampton and we are the saints!
I see Adam lallana is to pay for a full page in the echo to thank the southampton fans! Jog on! Just giving lip sevice because he knows there's no love for him anymore! Probably been reading the forum's to assess the damage!!! To little to late your are past we're looking to are future shame you will not be part of it! But your see that one player don't make a club! This is southampton and we are the saints! St.Gaz
  • Score: 10

9:10pm Tue 1 Jul 14

loosehead says...

Saw hin on TV saying how he'd been in contact with Lambo & was looking forward to being with him again?
Is this a reason to shaft fans & a club you've said you'd love to stay at until the end of your career?
Or is this him admitting he isn't that good & he needs Lambert dropping back to help him all the time?
Saw hin on TV saying how he'd been in contact with Lambo & was looking forward to being with him again? Is this a reason to shaft fans & a club you've said you'd love to stay at until the end of your career? Or is this him admitting he isn't that good & he needs Lambert dropping back to help him all the time? loosehead
  • Score: 7

9:47pm Tue 1 Jul 14

saints fan #1 says...

Hope we've done a Bournemouth and put on massive sell on and other clauses for the TRAITORS. Fans cannot be replaced but players can COYR
May our fortune's be greater.
Hope we've done a Bournemouth and put on massive sell on and other clauses for the TRAITORS. Fans cannot be replaced but players can COYR May our fortune's be greater. saints fan #1
  • Score: 2

9:55pm Tue 1 Jul 14

de Heiligen paard 101 says...

St.Gaz wrote:
I see Adam lallana is to pay for a full page in the echo to thank the southampton fans!
Jog on! Just giving lip sevice because he knows there's no love for him anymore! Probably been reading the forum's to assess the damage!!!
To little to late your are past we're looking to are future shame you will not be part of it! But your see that one player don't make a club!
This is southampton and we are the saints!
too little too late, the deal was done on Friday and was announced this morning so he would have had plenty of time to write his `thank you` and get in into the paper today! if he knew it wouldn't have come out on the same day of the announcement he should have said a bit more in his statement!

as others have said the statement on the OS says so much about how the club feel about him. shaws statement is still on there with quotes from 2 of the board and stuff about his time at the club. lallas had nothing! I think he royally peed some people off and has burnt a few bridges.

I hear he went off on holiday yesterday, have diverpooh booked him a scuba break so he can get some practice in for the season?
[quote][p][bold]St.Gaz[/bold] wrote: I see Adam lallana is to pay for a full page in the echo to thank the southampton fans! Jog on! Just giving lip sevice because he knows there's no love for him anymore! Probably been reading the forum's to assess the damage!!! To little to late your are past we're looking to are future shame you will not be part of it! But your see that one player don't make a club! This is southampton and we are the saints![/p][/quote]too little too late, the deal was done on Friday and was announced this morning so he would have had plenty of time to write his `thank you` and get in into the paper today! if he knew it wouldn't have come out on the same day of the announcement he should have said a bit more in his statement! as others have said the statement on the OS says so much about how the club feel about him. shaws statement is still on there with quotes from 2 of the board and stuff about his time at the club. lallas had nothing! I think he royally peed some people off and has burnt a few bridges. I hear he went off on holiday yesterday, have diverpooh booked him a scuba break so he can get some practice in for the season? de Heiligen paard 101
  • Score: 5

10:32pm Tue 1 Jul 14

SnapperSaint says...

Thanks Adam and see yer...that's all I wanted to say!
Right now let's get on with the new Saints Team and the new season...I can't wait to see who we are going sign, new exciting players who will really be able to help us fulfil the dream, the Southampton Way!!! COYS!
First game of the season is going to be the best though...especially when we beat diverpool 3-0 at home in their own scruffy little ground...
Thanks Adam and see yer...that's all I wanted to say! Right now let's get on with the new Saints Team and the new season...I can't wait to see who we are going sign, new exciting players who will really be able to help us fulfil the dream, the Southampton Way!!! COYS! First game of the season is going to be the best though...especially when we beat diverpool 3-0 at home in their own scruffy little ground... SnapperSaint
  • Score: 3

10:47pm Tue 1 Jul 14

SnapperSaint says...

search for truth wrote:
SnapperSaint wrote:
Thanks Adam and see yer...that's all I wanted to say!
Right now let's get on with the new Saints Team and the new season...I can't wait to see who we are going sign, new exciting players who will really be able to help us fulfil the dream, the Southampton Way!!! COYS!
First game of the season is going to be the best though...especially when we beat diverpool 3-0 at home in their own scruffy little ground...
I would suggest you see this website before you make anymore stupid statements.

http://www.thisisanf

ield.com/tag/anfield

-redevelopment/
I'm entitled to my opinion, I think the current ground is sh1t!
So while your searching for the truth I hope you find a brain cell too then perhaps you wouldn't make yourself look like a tw@t in public!
[quote][p][bold]search for truth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SnapperSaint[/bold] wrote: Thanks Adam and see yer...that's all I wanted to say! Right now let's get on with the new Saints Team and the new season...I can't wait to see who we are going sign, new exciting players who will really be able to help us fulfil the dream, the Southampton Way!!! COYS! First game of the season is going to be the best though...especially when we beat diverpool 3-0 at home in their own scruffy little ground...[/p][/quote]I would suggest you see this website before you make anymore stupid statements. http://www.thisisanf ield.com/tag/anfield -redevelopment/[/p][/quote]I'm entitled to my opinion, I think the current ground is sh1t! So while your searching for the truth I hope you find a brain cell too then perhaps you wouldn't make yourself look like a tw@t in public! SnapperSaint
  • Score: 1

11:55pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius says...

Here are a few quotes from the interview posted on the Liverpool website; you can make your own minds up but I really feel these are the words of an ungrateful, self absorbed, self involved, self proclaimed 'big time', easily led idiot:

Do your ambitions as a player change now that you're at a club like this?

They have to - it's a huge club that wants to win titles again and compete in the Champions League. There are different targets to what a club like Southampton has, but I'm just going to be pushing to do the best I can.

Having watched Liverpool from afar and seeing the success Liverpool had last season, how much does that excite you to be part of it going forward?

Watching the run-in towards the end of last season was unbelievable, not just for myself but everyone involved in football. It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching them, and the style of football they were playing. Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream has become a reality now, so I can't wait for that to get started.

You mentioned spending plenty of time with your new Liverpool teammates while you were over in Brazil. Did you ask them questions about this football club and what it's like to be here?

I did and they were on to me about when it was getting sorted. I was running out of answers in the end because I thought the more I say 'soon' the longer it would take. During the World Cup I was fully focused on just playing for England, but I was eager for it to get sorted once I knew I was coming home. Just so I can switch off and rest and recover for a couple of weeks before we start pre-season.

It seems the southampton boy has turned into somebody with little loyalty to the club that have him his break and recent England fame, seems to have nothing but contempt for the club and next to no respect for the fans that paid his wages for all those years but most importantly shows no class in this interview; clearly humble is not something adam understands!!!

Jog on adam you jumped up little nob.
Here are a few quotes from the interview posted on the Liverpool website; you can make your own minds up but I really feel these are the words of an ungrateful, self absorbed, self involved, self proclaimed 'big time', easily led idiot: Do your ambitions as a player change now that you're at a club like this? They have to - it's a huge club that wants to win titles again and compete in the Champions League. There are different targets to what a club like Southampton has, but I'm just going to be pushing to do the best I can. Having watched Liverpool from afar and seeing the success Liverpool had last season, how much does that excite you to be part of it going forward? Watching the run-in towards the end of last season was unbelievable, not just for myself but everyone involved in football. It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching them, and the style of football they were playing. Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream has become a reality now, so I can't wait for that to get started. You mentioned spending plenty of time with your new Liverpool teammates while you were over in Brazil. Did you ask them questions about this football club and what it's like to be here? I did and they were on to me about when it was getting sorted. I was running out of answers in the end because I thought the more I say 'soon' the longer it would take. During the World Cup I was fully focused on just playing for England, but I was eager for it to get sorted once I knew I was coming home. Just so I can switch off and rest and recover for a couple of weeks before we start pre-season. It seems the southampton boy has turned into somebody with little loyalty to the club that have him his break and recent England fame, seems to have nothing but contempt for the club and next to no respect for the fans that paid his wages for all those years but most importantly shows no class in this interview; clearly humble is not something adam understands!!! Jog on adam you jumped up little nob. Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius
  • Score: 1

12:03am Wed 2 Jul 14

Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius says...

I should also add that adam claims that Lambert said he would have bet his mortgage on Liverpool playing saints first game- my question to him is what mortgage lol, as if a premiership football has a mortgage he could buy 5 houses a year on his wages #dont pretend to understand the plight of the common man, makes you sound like an utter tw@t
I should also add that adam claims that Lambert said he would have bet his mortgage on Liverpool playing saints first game- my question to him is what mortgage lol, as if a premiership football has a mortgage he could buy 5 houses a year on his wages #dont pretend to understand the plight of the common man, makes you sound like an utter tw@t Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius
  • Score: 1

12:37am Wed 2 Jul 14

7saint7 says...

Im going for a king kev veiw on football next season .I would love it if we could beat them. Love it. He's gone down in my
estimation. Adam you haven't won anything yet, I'd love it if we beat
them
Im going for a king kev veiw on football next season .I would love it if we could beat them. Love it. He's gone down in my estimation. Adam you haven't won anything yet, I'd love it if we beat them 7saint7
  • Score: 1

12:52am Wed 2 Jul 14

InCortesewetrust says...

http://www.dailystar
.co.uk/sport/footbal
l/386752/Liverpool-A
dam-Lallana-Southamp
ton
http://www.dailystar .co.uk/sport/footbal l/386752/Liverpool-A dam-Lallana-Southamp ton InCortesewetrust
  • Score: 0

1:11am Wed 2 Jul 14

PressBoxTeaBoy says...

brendanweldon wrote:
Not interested in him now...lets all just worry about the saints
Ooh ! Touchy, nasty little person.
[quote][p][bold]brendanweldon[/bold] wrote: Not interested in him now...lets all just worry about the saints[/p][/quote]Ooh ! Touchy, nasty little person. PressBoxTeaBoy
  • Score: -8

5:29am Wed 2 Jul 14

White and red till dead says...

Golden_Salamander wrote:
A couple of things I have been told :-
1/ We were in danger of falling foul of the new Financial Fair Play rules because we never sold anyone. Luke was sold in the 2013-14 year of account and Adam deal was delayed until 1st July to put it in the 2014-15 yoa.
By selling £25-30m in each year and REINVESTING we will increase our TURNOVER as a Club by that amount and the FPP rules are based on ratio of Wages to Turnover we should stay within the rules.

2/ In case anyone didn't know Luke and Adam and Pochettino ALL had the same Agents - Stellar Group (Jon Barnett & David Manasseh).
(These were the same agents that took Bale off us and also off spurs to Real Madrid; they were also the agents that arranged the Cole deal from arsenal to Chelsea a few years ago that caused a lot of bad feeling).
When Cortese was in charge he made sure he kept on the right side of them however I was told that Ralph upset them within a few weeks by ?? questioning certain payments ? and we are seeing the result with "their players" now leaving us.
I am told that there are 2 other players on our books that have them as Agents.

I remember a few years ago in the league 1 days when Adam got within 6 months of the end of his contract and he signed a new one 5 year one. He said something about NOT HAVING AN AGENT and not needing one, so something has changed him to go out and get somebody that has a record of "moving players on" !
You should be a DE journalist ;-)
[quote][p][bold]Golden_Salamander[/bold] wrote: A couple of things I have been told :- 1/ We were in danger of falling foul of the new Financial Fair Play rules because we never sold anyone. Luke was sold in the 2013-14 year of account and Adam deal was delayed until 1st July to put it in the 2014-15 yoa. By selling £25-30m in each year and REINVESTING we will increase our TURNOVER as a Club by that amount and the FPP rules are based on ratio of Wages to Turnover we should stay within the rules. 2/ In case anyone didn't know Luke and Adam and Pochettino ALL had the same Agents - Stellar Group (Jon Barnett & David Manasseh). (These were the same agents that took Bale off us and also off spurs to Real Madrid; they were also the agents that arranged the Cole deal from arsenal to Chelsea a few years ago that caused a lot of bad feeling). When Cortese was in charge he made sure he kept on the right side of them however I was told that Ralph upset them within a few weeks by ?? questioning certain payments ? and we are seeing the result with "their players" now leaving us. I am told that there are 2 other players on our books that have them as Agents. I remember a few years ago in the league 1 days when Adam got within 6 months of the end of his contract and he signed a new one 5 year one. He said something about NOT HAVING AN AGENT and not needing one, so something has changed him to go out and get somebody that has a record of "moving players on" ![/p][/quote]You should be a DE journalist ;-) White and red till dead
  • Score: 4

5:34am Wed 2 Jul 14

loosehead says...

search for truth wrote:
For all you keen football fans who like to keep in-touch with everything connected with Liverpool Football Club .

LFC TV, the official club television channel, is currently completely free to watch for all UK and Ireland supporters who have either the basic Sky package or the XL package on Virgin Media.

You can also follow them on their website ......

http://www.liverpool

fc.com/

Where you will find in-depth items regarding the signing of Adam Lallana.
so you boast about a guy who signs a new contract,then says he'd love to stay here until the end of his playing days then to go on & break that contract then come out with this statement?
if he'd never signed & made it clear he wanted away fine but he didn't now why oh why does Liverpool need Lambert? a player coming to the end of his career? was it to entice his little buddy Lallana away?
[quote][p][bold]search for truth[/bold] wrote: For all you keen football fans who like to keep in-touch with everything connected with Liverpool Football Club . LFC TV, the official club television channel, is currently completely free to watch for all UK and Ireland supporters who have either the basic Sky package or the XL package on Virgin Media. You can also follow them on their website ...... http://www.liverpool fc.com/ Where you will find in-depth items regarding the signing of Adam Lallana.[/p][/quote]so you boast about a guy who signs a new contract,then says he'd love to stay here until the end of his playing days then to go on & break that contract then come out with this statement? if he'd never signed & made it clear he wanted away fine but he didn't now why oh why does Liverpool need Lambert? a player coming to the end of his career? was it to entice his little buddy Lallana away? loosehead
  • Score: 0

10:13am Wed 2 Jul 14

Tongdii says...

Thanks Lallana for the past years. you are now history.
A new dawn starts as we go onward and upward with pride in our hearts and a song on our lips.
Thanks Lallana for the past years. you are now history. A new dawn starts as we go onward and upward with pride in our hearts and a song on our lips. Tongdii
  • Score: 0

2:20pm Sat 5 Jul 14

Beer Monster says...

White and red till dead wrote:
Golden_Salamander wrote:
A couple of things I have been told :-
1/ We were in danger of falling foul of the new Financial Fair Play rules because we never sold anyone. Luke was sold in the 2013-14 year of account and Adam deal was delayed until 1st July to put it in the 2014-15 yoa.
By selling £25-30m in each year and REINVESTING we will increase our TURNOVER as a Club by that amount and the FPP rules are based on ratio of Wages to Turnover we should stay within the rules.

2/ In case anyone didn't know Luke and Adam and Pochettino ALL had the same Agents - Stellar Group (Jon Barnett & David Manasseh).
(These were the same agents that took Bale off us and also off spurs to Real Madrid; they were also the agents that arranged the Cole deal from arsenal to Chelsea a few years ago that caused a lot of bad feeling).
When Cortese was in charge he made sure he kept on the right side of them however I was told that Ralph upset them within a few weeks by ?? questioning certain payments ? and we are seeing the result with "their players" now leaving us.
I am told that there are 2 other players on our books that have them as Agents.

I remember a few years ago in the league 1 days when Adam got within 6 months of the end of his contract and he signed a new one 5 year one. He said something about NOT HAVING AN AGENT and not needing one, so something has changed him to go out and get somebody that has a record of "moving players on" !
You should be a DE journalist ;-)
Get some common sense on here? Shocking!
[quote][p][bold]White and red till dead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Golden_Salamander[/bold] wrote: A couple of things I have been told :- 1/ We were in danger of falling foul of the new Financial Fair Play rules because we never sold anyone. Luke was sold in the 2013-14 year of account and Adam deal was delayed until 1st July to put it in the 2014-15 yoa. By selling £25-30m in each year and REINVESTING we will increase our TURNOVER as a Club by that amount and the FPP rules are based on ratio of Wages to Turnover we should stay within the rules. 2/ In case anyone didn't know Luke and Adam and Pochettino ALL had the same Agents - Stellar Group (Jon Barnett & David Manasseh). (These were the same agents that took Bale off us and also off spurs to Real Madrid; they were also the agents that arranged the Cole deal from arsenal to Chelsea a few years ago that caused a lot of bad feeling). When Cortese was in charge he made sure he kept on the right side of them however I was told that Ralph upset them within a few weeks by ?? questioning certain payments ? and we are seeing the result with "their players" now leaving us. I am told that there are 2 other players on our books that have them as Agents. I remember a few years ago in the league 1 days when Adam got within 6 months of the end of his contract and he signed a new one 5 year one. He said something about NOT HAVING AN AGENT and not needing one, so something has changed him to go out and get somebody that has a record of "moving players on" ![/p][/quote]You should be a DE journalist ;-)[/p][/quote]Get some common sense on here? Shocking! Beer Monster
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree