When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
How to enter
Entries to the 2013 South Coast Business Awards have now closed.
Please return to the home page to see which companies have been shortlisted in this year's compettion.
Any company whose head office is based within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight is eligible to enter or to be nominated for the competition.
Companies with a head office outside Hampshire and the Isle of Wight are welcome to enter on the understanding that they have a bespoke business plan for their Hampshire operation.
Please note the exception to the above eligibility is the Southampton City Council Award for Southampton Young Entrepreneur of the Year, which is open to individuals trading within the local authority district of Southampton.
Entries/nominations must be submitted on an official entry form. Please note the closing date for entries has been extended to 10am, Monday 22 April 2013.
1) You can send us your entry on-line here.
2) Download a complete entry pack including entry form here
3) You can download a PDF entry form here.
Address for postal entries is: Southern Daily Echo, Newspaper House, Test Lane, Redbridge, Southampton SO16 9JX. c/o Jess Butts
For further information, contact Jess Butts in the South Coast Business Awards office on 023 8042 4710 or via email email@example.com
Roles and responsibilities of the founding partners
1. To resource the competition.
2. To promote the competition to customers and non customers.
3. To facilitate the competition in an open and honest manner ensuring equal opportunity, transparency and local accountability.
4. To maximise the public profile of the event through marketing activity directly to customers and non customers, with partners and sponsors and through the media.
5. To secure a critical mass of high quality entries.
6. To plan, manage and execute a high profile awards ceremony.