April Fool's Day, also known as 'All Fool's Day', has traditionally been a day when people play tricks on each other. Practical jokes and tricks are usually reserved only for the morning. In many countries the tradition goes that you cannot play tricks on each other once 12 noon has passed. In fact, should you try and play a trick after this time it is you who becomes the fool! A traditional rhyme is often recited to remind people of their error if they attempt a trick in the afternoon: "April Fool is dead and gone, you're a fool to carry on!"
- Concerns raised about increased e-cigarette use in teenagers
- Paracetamol 'not effective' for lower back pain or arthritis
- Healthy diet could cut risk of Alzheimer's disease
- Sperm quality pesticides claim 'should be treated with caution'
- Getting advice from your health visitor
- Knackered parents club
Buy & Sell
Gardman Camera Nesting Box - NEW still in Box With this Camera Nest Box you can bring your garden to life and enjoy the thrill of hearing and watching your garden birds from the comfort of your living room. It has black & white ...
- Antiques and collectables (60)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (33)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (70)
- Clothing (123)
- Furniture and furnishings (131)
- Gardening and Outdoors (37)
- Health, fashion and beauty (48)
- Household and DIY (134)
- Miscellaneous (99)
- Outdoor pursuits (34)
- Pets (21)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (47)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - PETER PEARCE
PEARCE PETER Will be sadly missed by his brother Ray, Joyce, David and Maria.
Birthdays - MITCHELL THORN
LOOK WHO'S 16! MITCHELL THORN Mitch, Happy 16th! Lots of love, Mum, Shannen and Dad. XXX
Marriages - BEN AND LAURA GOODRIDGE AND SWITHENBANK
ENGAGEMENT! BEN GOODRIDGE AND LAURA SWITHENBANK Alan and Carol Goodridge, happily announce the
Births - NOAH MATTHEW BAILEY
IT'S A BOY! NOAH MATTHEW BAILEY 11th March 2015 at 6.20 a.m. weighing 9lbs 3ozs. Congratulations