When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
A welcome re-release of Max Ophuls's 1953 drama based on the novel by Louise de Vilmorin. Comtesse Louise (Danielle Darrieux), the wife of General Andre (Charles Boyer), has amassed considerable debts through her lavish lifestyle and she decides to settle some of these arrears by selling diamond earrings, which were a wedding present from her husband. The jeweller contacts the General and offers to sell him back the jewels, and he in turns gifts them to his mistress Lola (Lia Di Leo), who is leaving for Constantinople and will therefore not cross paths with Louise. However, Lola also sells the earrings and an Italian diplomat, Baron Fabrizio Donati (Vittorio De Sica), buys the gems. He happens to cross paths with Louise and becomes enchanted by her, sparking a potential affair, which arouses the suspicions and jealousy of the General.
- Genre: Drama
- Cast:Charles Boyer, Danielle Darrieux, Lia De Leo, Vittorio De Sica.
- Director:Max Ophuls.
- Writer:Marcel Achard, Max Ophuls, Annette Wademant.
- Release:15/02/2012 (selected cinemas)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- The Other Woman
- Rio 2
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- The Love Punch
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
- 2 States
- Muppets Most Wanted
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D
- The Quiet Ones
- Khumba: A Zebra's Tale
- Vikings Live From The British Museum
- The LEGO Movie
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Rio 2 3D
- The Raid 2
- The Wolf Of Wall Street
- Noah (Subtitled)
Southampton and other nearby cinemas
- Harbour Lights Picturehouse, Southampton
- Cineworld Southampton, Southampton
- Odeon Southampton, Southampton
- Hythe & Dibden Parish Hall, Southampton
- Vue Eastleigh, Eastleigh
- The Point, Eastleigh