Liam Gallagher visits The Foresters Arms in Brockenhurst

Daily Echo: Liam Gallagher with Andrew Colverson, owner of The Foresters Arms in Brockenhurst Liam Gallagher with Andrew Colverson, owner of The Foresters Arms in Brockenhurst

A BRITISH music legend stopped for a pint at a New Forest pub today.

Former Oasis front man Liam Gallagher spent four hours at The Foresters Arms in Brockenhurst with his manager and producer, and was delighted to chat to fans, including many students from Brockenhurst College.

The owner of the pub, Andrew Colverson, said the whole village was buzzing with news of the rock star’s impromptu visit.

“He just turned up for a drink,” he said.

“A couple of students came in and called their mates and quite a few of them ended up coming in, and he made time to chat to all of them. He even signed one lad’s guitar, so he’ll be chuffed.”

Mr Colverson said Gallagher was “very, very nice”, and drank Heineken during his visit.

Comments (32)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:16pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Old Colonial says...

“He just turned up for a drink,” he said. Gosh! Who?
“He just turned up for a drink,” he said. Gosh! Who? Old Colonial

6:16pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Old Colonial says...

“He just turned up for a drink,” he said. Gosh! Who?
“He just turned up for a drink,” he said. Gosh! Who? Old Colonial

6:39pm Thu 7 Feb 13

taxi driver in southampton says...

HEY Daily Echo
Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories......

I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers


ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
HEY Daily Echo Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories...... I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz taxi driver in southampton

6:48pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Block41row0sfc says...

Old Colonial wrote:
“He just turned up for a drink,” he said. Gosh! Who?
Parrot
[quote][p][bold]Old Colonial[/bold] wrote: “He just turned up for a drink,” he said. Gosh! Who?[/p][/quote]Parrot Block41row0sfc

7:31pm Thu 7 Feb 13

elvisimo says...

would have been interesting 15 years ago. now in same league as Christopher Biggins, Dollar, and anyone you care to mention from the X factor.

p.s. Sunglasses indoors = penis.
would have been interesting 15 years ago. now in same league as Christopher Biggins, Dollar, and anyone you care to mention from the X factor. p.s. Sunglasses indoors = penis. elvisimo

7:38pm Thu 7 Feb 13

nothingtofear says...

Breaking News:

Middle aged man visits pub preceded by a fanfare of trumpets and trailing clouds of glory.

I know that there are slow news days but this takes the biscuit.
Breaking News: Middle aged man visits pub preceded by a fanfare of trumpets and trailing clouds of glory. I know that there are slow news days but this takes the biscuit. nothingtofear

7:43pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Richard 1976 says...

elvisimo wrote:
would have been interesting 15 years ago. now in same league as Christopher Biggins, Dollar, and anyone you care to mention from the X factor.

p.s. Sunglasses indoors = penis.
Christopher Biggins and Dollar? Blimey there's a combination. Have you got some old editions of 'on safari' squirrelled away? Another not very newsworthy story..
[quote][p][bold]elvisimo[/bold] wrote: would have been interesting 15 years ago. now in same league as Christopher Biggins, Dollar, and anyone you care to mention from the X factor. p.s. Sunglasses indoors = penis.[/p][/quote]Christopher Biggins and Dollar? Blimey there's a combination. Have you got some old editions of 'on safari' squirrelled away? Another not very newsworthy story.. Richard 1976

7:52pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Brusher Mills says...

taxi driver in southampton wrote:
HEY Daily Echo
Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories......

I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers


ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
Zzzzzzz, sorry did you say something.
[quote][p][bold]taxi driver in southampton[/bold] wrote: HEY Daily Echo Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories...... I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Zzzzzzz, sorry did you say something. Brusher Mills

7:53pm Thu 7 Feb 13

elvisimo says...

Richard 1976 wrote:
elvisimo wrote: would have been interesting 15 years ago. now in same league as Christopher Biggins, Dollar, and anyone you care to mention from the X factor. p.s. Sunglasses indoors = penis.
Christopher Biggins and Dollar? Blimey there's a combination. Have you got some old editions of 'on safari' squirrelled away? Another not very newsworthy story..
might have! and a few editions of Mike Reid Runaround and Cheggers Plays Pop. All more interesting than this hasbeen
[quote][p][bold]Richard 1976[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]elvisimo[/bold] wrote: would have been interesting 15 years ago. now in same league as Christopher Biggins, Dollar, and anyone you care to mention from the X factor. p.s. Sunglasses indoors = penis.[/p][/quote]Christopher Biggins and Dollar? Blimey there's a combination. Have you got some old editions of 'on safari' squirrelled away? Another not very newsworthy story..[/p][/quote]might have! and a few editions of Mike Reid Runaround and Cheggers Plays Pop. All more interesting than this hasbeen elvisimo

8:10pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Dr Strangelove says...

Ooh next we will get a story he was in sandbanks. Must be buying lots of properties not!!!
Ooh next we will get a story he was in sandbanks. Must be buying lots of properties not!!! Dr Strangelove

8:26pm Thu 7 Feb 13

BIGTONE says...

Definitely Maybe
Definitely Maybe BIGTONE

8:30pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Yves1977 says...

taxi driver in southampton wrote:
HEY Daily Echo
Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories......

I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers


ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
Who reads the papers to you - or do you just look at the photos?
[quote][p][bold]taxi driver in southampton[/bold] wrote: HEY Daily Echo Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories...... I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Who reads the papers to you - or do you just look at the photos? Yves1977

9:00pm Thu 7 Feb 13

CherrySi says...

Last of the great British rock stars. Nice one LG
Last of the great British rock stars. Nice one LG CherrySi

9:10pm Thu 7 Feb 13

WECOMING4U says...

Bet he still be nice on Saturday whilst getting verbals from the Saffhampton Yoof!
Bet he still be nice on Saturday whilst getting verbals from the Saffhampton Yoof! WECOMING4U

9:19pm Thu 7 Feb 13

DowntonDAN says...

He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....
He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts..... DowntonDAN

9:29pm Thu 7 Feb 13

pushamara says...

God you lot are so old!
God you lot are so old! pushamara

9:30pm Thu 7 Feb 13

tricky1007 says...

DowntonDAN wrote:
He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....
yeah because downton is full of famous people! or is it because no one is under the age of 50!
[quote][p][bold]DowntonDAN[/bold] wrote: He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....[/p][/quote]yeah because downton is full of famous people! or is it because no one is under the age of 50! tricky1007

9:52pm Thu 7 Feb 13

DowntonDAN says...

tricky1007 wrote:
DowntonDAN wrote:
He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....
yeah because downton is full of famous people! or is it because no one is under the age of 50!
No, its because we are still on a high after Phil Harding from Time Team was spotted in the newsagents a few months back! Can't top that!
[quote][p][bold]tricky1007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DowntonDAN[/bold] wrote: He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....[/p][/quote]yeah because downton is full of famous people! or is it because no one is under the age of 50![/p][/quote]No, its because we are still on a high after Phil Harding from Time Team was spotted in the newsagents a few months back! Can't top that! DowntonDAN

11:28pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Brusher Mills says...

DowntonDAN wrote:
tricky1007 wrote:
DowntonDAN wrote:
He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....
yeah because downton is full of famous people! or is it because no one is under the age of 50!
No, its because we are still on a high after Phil Harding from Time Team was spotted in the newsagents a few months back! Can't top that!
Phil is a legend.
[quote][p][bold]DowntonDAN[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tricky1007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DowntonDAN[/bold] wrote: He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....[/p][/quote]yeah because downton is full of famous people! or is it because no one is under the age of 50![/p][/quote]No, its because we are still on a high after Phil Harding from Time Team was spotted in the newsagents a few months back! Can't top that![/p][/quote]Phil is a legend. Brusher Mills

1:53am Fri 8 Feb 13

LeeB1900 says...

taxi driver in southampton wrote:
HEY Daily Echo
Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories......

I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers


ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
Id rather read stories liek this instead of ones which discuss the taxi drivers we sadly have in this city driving like d1ckheads and ripping people off.
[quote][p][bold]taxi driver in southampton[/bold] wrote: HEY Daily Echo Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories...... I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Id rather read stories liek this instead of ones which discuss the taxi drivers we sadly have in this city driving like d1ckheads and ripping people off. LeeB1900

7:35am Fri 8 Feb 13

elvisimo says...

LeeB1900 wrote:
taxi driver in southampton wrote: HEY Daily Echo Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories...... I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
Id rather read stories liek this instead of ones which discuss the taxi drivers we sadly have in this city driving like d1ckheads and ripping people off.
And the award for most tenuous like goes to...
[quote][p][bold]LeeB1900[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]taxi driver in southampton[/bold] wrote: HEY Daily Echo Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories...... I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Id rather read stories liek this instead of ones which discuss the taxi drivers we sadly have in this city driving like d1ckheads and ripping people off.[/p][/quote]And the award for most tenuous like goes to... elvisimo

9:28am Fri 8 Feb 13

ashlian says...

Old Colonial wrote:
“He just turned up for a drink,” he said. Gosh! Who?
Hey Liam if you are reading this i am a Man City Fan who lives down here in the New Forest but still comes up to the Etihad Stadium every other week as i am still a season ticket holder, any change of joining you in your box at Saints on Saturday :-)
[quote][p][bold]Old Colonial[/bold] wrote: “He just turned up for a drink,” he said. Gosh! Who?[/p][/quote]Hey Liam if you are reading this i am a Man City Fan who lives down here in the New Forest but still comes up to the Etihad Stadium every other week as i am still a season ticket holder, any change of joining you in your box at Saints on Saturday :-) ashlian

11:03am Fri 8 Feb 13

georgetheseventh says...

ashlian wrote:
Old Colonial wrote:
“He just turned up for a drink,” he said. Gosh! Who?
Hey Liam if you are reading this i am a Man City Fan who lives down here in the New Forest but still comes up to the Etihad Stadium every other week as i am still a season ticket holder, any change of joining you in your box at Saints on Saturday :-)
Anyone count the ashtrays and glasses after he'd gone.......and please peeps..shut the cemetery gates after you too many zombies escaping lately..they still havent caught the stoned roses.
[quote][p][bold]ashlian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Old Colonial[/bold] wrote: “He just turned up for a drink,” he said. Gosh! Who?[/p][/quote]Hey Liam if you are reading this i am a Man City Fan who lives down here in the New Forest but still comes up to the Etihad Stadium every other week as i am still a season ticket holder, any change of joining you in your box at Saints on Saturday :-)[/p][/quote]Anyone count the ashtrays and glasses after he'd gone.......and please peeps..shut the cemetery gates after you too many zombies escaping lately..they still havent caught the stoned roses. georgetheseventh

11:06am Fri 8 Feb 13

georgetheseventh says...

ashlian..I'm sure he'd love you in his 'box' darling.
ashlian..I'm sure he'd love you in his 'box' darling. georgetheseventh

1:09pm Fri 8 Feb 13

HC_1990 says...

taxi driver in southampton wrote:
HEY Daily Echo
Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories......

I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers


ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
Probably cause you're a nobody
[quote][p][bold]taxi driver in southampton[/bold] wrote: HEY Daily Echo Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories...... I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz[/p][/quote]Probably cause you're a nobody HC_1990

1:26pm Fri 8 Feb 13

kingnotail says...

taxi driver in southampton wrote:
HEY Daily Echo
Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories......

I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers


ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
You're just jealous because no one of any worth ever came out of Southampton.
[quote][p][bold]taxi driver in southampton[/bold] wrote: HEY Daily Echo Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories...... I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz[/p][/quote]You're just jealous because no one of any worth ever came out of Southampton. kingnotail

1:48pm Fri 8 Feb 13

speedy231278 says...

He just turned up for a drink. Yet, somehow a newspaper half an hour's drive away can publish the story.... hmmm...
He just turned up for a drink. Yet, somehow a newspaper half an hour's drive away can publish the story.... hmmm... speedy231278

1:50pm Fri 8 Feb 13

TheMysterycat says...

kingnotail says...
1:26pm Fri 8 Feb 13

taxi driver in southampton wrote:
HEY Daily Echo
Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories......

I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers


ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
You're just jealous because no one of any worth ever came out of Southampton.”

That's simply not true. Matt Cardle's dad is from Southampton, so there have THAT!
kingnotail says... 1:26pm Fri 8 Feb 13 taxi driver in southampton wrote: HEY Daily Echo Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories...... I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz You're just jealous because no one of any worth ever came out of Southampton.” That's simply not true. Matt Cardle's dad is from Southampton, so there have THAT! TheMysterycat

4:41pm Fri 8 Feb 13

kingnotail says...

TheMysterycat wrote:
kingnotail says...
1:26pm Fri 8 Feb 13

taxi driver in southampton wrote:
HEY Daily Echo
Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories......

I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers


ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
You're just jealous because no one of any worth ever came out of Southampton.”

That's simply not true. Matt Cardle's dad is from Southampton, so there have THAT!
And Craaaaaaaig David (and his Falcon Kes)
[quote][p][bold]TheMysterycat[/bold] wrote: kingnotail says... 1:26pm Fri 8 Feb 13 taxi driver in southampton wrote: HEY Daily Echo Who gives a S..T. Report interesting stories...... I stopped for a pint once but didn't make the papers ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz You're just jealous because no one of any worth ever came out of Southampton.” That's simply not true. Matt Cardle's dad is from Southampton, so there have THAT![/p][/quote]And Craaaaaaaig David (and his Falcon Kes) kingnotail

4:57pm Fri 8 Feb 13

St Retford says...

DowntonDAN wrote:
He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....
You are sh1tting me! That was my local when I was growing up. No one famous ever went there ever.
[quote][p][bold]DowntonDAN[/bold] wrote: He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....[/p][/quote]You are sh1tting me! That was my local when I was growing up. No one famous ever went there ever. St Retford

6:44pm Fri 8 Feb 13

Exiled Saint - front line eastern outpost of Gosport says...

DowntonDAN wrote:
He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....
The Treebeards of the south coast.
[quote][p][bold]DowntonDAN[/bold] wrote: He was with colleagues in The White Horse in Downton, Wiltshire on Wednesday evening....... if anyone cares.... He was left alone as we are somewhat less star-struck in these parts.....[/p][/quote]The Treebeards of the south coast. Exiled Saint - front line eastern outpost of Gosport

4:38pm Sun 10 Feb 13

chrisvangeffen says...

As a tribute to Liam's visit, the pub is now serving the "Oasis" soup, it's the same as normal soup except you get a roll with it.
As a tribute to Liam's visit, the pub is now serving the "Oasis" soup, it's the same as normal soup except you get a roll with it. chrisvangeffen

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree