When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Winchester (House of Commons)
Mr Steve Brine MP (Conservative)
Surgery Tel: 0207 219 7189
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 3,048 Born - 1974, Married (Susie), 1 daughter.
Education - Bohunt Comprehensive School, Highbury College (Portsmouth), University of Liverpool (History).
Previous Occupation - Radio Journalist - BBC Radio Surrey, BBC Southern Counties Radio, Radio Five Live, spent a year with Tribune Media Group in Chicago working on their WGN Radio station. Business Consultant - specialised in customer care, culture change and people development. Golf Marketing/Publishing Business. Student Politician.
Personal Overview - An experienced political campaigner - he was the Student Union President for Liverpool University and has subsequently been very active in Hampshire and Westminster politics supporting Conservative representatives opposing the then Labour Government. He was Deputy Chairman (Political) of the Winchester Conservative Association in 2006 when the Tories wrest control of the council from the Liberal Democrats after fifteen years in opposition. His tenure again comes at the Liberal Democrat's expense, their previous incumbent Mark Oaten stood down in 2010 following a series of revelations about his private life.
Political History - President of the Student Union, Liverpool University, Deputy Chairman, Winchester Conservative Association, Area Campaign Director for Hampshire & the Isle of Wight (2001-05), Member for Winchester (2010-). Member of the Justice Select Committee (2011-). PPS to Mike Penning, Minister of State for Disabled People (2013-).
Characteristics - His wife Susie is a Speech and Language Therapist known throughout the NHS by the acronym SALT. The family dog is called Popcorn. He is a keen football fan (Tottenham Hotspur FC) and has a handicap of 17 at golf (Liphook Golf Course, Hampshire - 20 years a member). Appreciates live music and has been to the Glastonbury Festival on several occasions.
Business Tel: 020 7219 7189
Interests: Pensions,Planning & Development,Health
- Justice Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Autism (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Breast Cancer (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Cancer (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Cycling Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on English Language Teaching (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the UK Events Industry (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on the Freelance Sector (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Men's Health (Member)
- Mobile Homes Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Muscular Dystrophy (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Ovarian Cancer (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Parkinson's Disease (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Retail and Business Crime (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Rural Services (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Speech and Language Difficulties (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Stroke (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Transplantation (Member)
South East (European Parliament)
Mr Keith Taylor MEP (Green)
MEP Since - 2010 Born - 01/08/1953. Partner (Lizzie).
Education - N/a.
Previous Occupation - Worked in sales (1972-1980). Self-employed/Co-Director of a local business (1980-1999). Regional Liaison Officer for Caroline Lucas MEP (2002-2007).
Personal Overview - Replaced the outgoing Caroline Lucas here in June 2010 after she was successful in her bid to become the Green party's first MP at Westminster. He is an experienced Councillor, having led the Green Group in Brighton for a number of years. He has also shown an interest in foreign affairs issues, as a Councillor was active in campaigning to secure the release of Brighton resident Omar Degayes from the Guantanamo Bay detention facility. He has also been involved in High Court action supporting families with Autistic children. Within the party, he has been a spokesperson on planning and regeneration as well as a Principal Speaker at the time when the party had not adopted a single leader. He has also been involved in policy development with the party election manifesto. Locally, he he is likely to have gained a good knowledge of his electoral region through his work for his predecessor.
Political History - Councillor, Brighton and Hove City Council (1999-2010). Green Group Leader (2001-08). Chair, Association of Green Councillors (2001-2002). Principal Speaker for the Green Party of England & Wales (2004-2006). Regeneration Spokesperson (2008-10). MEP South East Region (2010-). Member of the Afghanistan Delegation (2010-), Substitute member of the Palestinian Legislative Council (2010-) and the Iran Delegation (2010-). Member of the International Trade Committee (2010-) and the Transport and Tourism Committee (2010-). Substitute member of the Petitions Committee (2010-).
Other Information - Has been a Vice President of the UKs Local Government Association Group in the European Parliament. Former representative for Brighton and Hove on the UN Peace Messenger City project and a City representative to the Local Government Association.
Intergroups - Member of the LGBT Rights Group.
Business Tel: +32 (0)2 28 45153
Interests: Environment,Economic Regeneration,Womans Issues,Regional Policy,Conservation
- Petitions (Substitute)
- Transport & Tourism (Member)
- International Trade (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org