When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Fatal drugs overdose
1:10pm Friday 14th December 2012 in News
A HOMELESS drug user was found dying in a city centre pub after overdosing on drugs and alcohol, an inquest heard.
Jamie Wainwright, 36, was found by the manager of Chambers Bar in London Road, Southampton, passed out in the pub’s toilet.
While waiting for the ambulance Mr Wainwright’s heart failed despite attempts to revive him. Tests afterwards found a high dose of heroin plus alcohol in his blood, equivalent to two and a half times the drink driving limit.
Pathologist Dr Brian Green said the drugs and alcohol combined probably caused him to stop breathing.
Southampton coroner Keith Wiseman recorded a verdict of death from a dependent use of drugs.
Comments are closed on this article.