Fatal drugs overdose

First published in News

A HOMELESS drug user was found dying in a city centre pub after overdosing on drugs and alcohol, an inquest heard.

Jamie Wainwright, 36, was found by the manager of Chambers Bar in London Road, Southampton, passed out in the pub’s toilet.

While waiting for the ambulance Mr Wainwright’s heart failed despite attempts to revive him. Tests afterwards found a high dose of heroin plus alcohol in his blood, equivalent to two and a half times the drink driving limit.

Pathologist Dr Brian Green said the drugs and alcohol combined probably caused him to stop breathing.

Southampton coroner Keith Wiseman recorded a verdict of death from a dependent use of drugs.

Related links

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:19pm Fri 14 Dec 12

bazzeroz says...

........next
........next bazzeroz
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree