Homeless woman is jailed for robbery bid

Daily Echo: Homeless woman is jailed for robbery bid Homeless woman is jailed for robbery bid

A STUDENT was left terrified after he was attacked by a homeless woman who was trying to rob him.

Southampton Crown Court heard how Kayleigh Randall tried to rob the student as he walked out of Palmerston Park in Southampton in the early hours of July 10.

As he walked along Portland Terrace Randall began the attack by rifling through his pockets, pushing him and then eventually punching him.

In the end she escaped empty-handed. The student went back to his halls of residence were he raised the alarm. Witnesses described him as being “utterly terrified”.

Police then drove the victim around the city in a car and he managed to pick out Randall, who was still in the area.

In court the 25-year-old pleaded guilty to attempted robbery and was sentenced to 16 months in prison.

Mitigating, Megan Topliss said Randall, who had previously committed 124 offences, had had a troubled upbringing and struggled with anger management issues.

The court also heard how she was under the influence of drugs at the time of the attack.

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:49am Sat 22 Dec 12

verwoodsaint says...

Homeless thieving **** ! Death penalty would be the better option for her...
Homeless thieving **** ! Death penalty would be the better option for her... verwoodsaint

9:31am Sat 22 Dec 12

Inform Al says...

Be nice to know what drug she uses, Cleggie might want to legalise it.
Be nice to know what drug she uses, Cleggie might want to legalise it. Inform Al

11:36am Sat 22 Dec 12

flowergirly says...

Just in time for Christmas too!!!
Just in time for Christmas too!!! flowergirly

3:17pm Sat 22 Dec 12

Vars1234 says...

verwoodsaint wrote:
Homeless thieving **** ! Death penalty would be the better option for her...
Verwood Saint, your username disgusts me. Robbery is a horrible crime but you stand in judgement and would condemn someone to death knowing nothing of their circumstances or the ways in which they themselves may have been victimised through their lives! Do you think that a drug addicted girl in her twenties and homeless has led a happy life and been well cared for as a child? I work with homeless people and can tell you that the majority of these young and desperate people have been abused by adults throughout their lives and have never been shown or taught human kindness. You should be ashamed of yourself, and comments about Christmas spirit apply more to you than this young girl.
[quote][p][bold]verwoodsaint[/bold] wrote: Homeless thieving **** ! Death penalty would be the better option for her...[/p][/quote]Verwood Saint, your username disgusts me. Robbery is a horrible crime but you stand in judgement and would condemn someone to death knowing nothing of their circumstances or the ways in which they themselves may have been victimised through their lives! Do you think that a drug addicted girl in her twenties and homeless has led a happy life and been well cared for as a child? I work with homeless people and can tell you that the majority of these young and desperate people have been abused by adults throughout their lives and have never been shown or taught human kindness. You should be ashamed of yourself, and comments about Christmas spirit apply more to you than this young girl. Vars1234

5:58pm Sat 22 Dec 12

Higginz says...

Vars1234 wrote:
verwoodsaint wrote: Homeless thieving **** ! Death penalty would be the better option for her...
Verwood Saint, your username disgusts me. Robbery is a horrible crime but you stand in judgement and would condemn someone to death knowing nothing of their circumstances or the ways in which they themselves may have been victimised through their lives! Do you think that a drug addicted girl in her twenties and homeless has led a happy life and been well cared for as a child? I work with homeless people and can tell you that the majority of these young and desperate people have been abused by adults throughout their lives and have never been shown or taught human kindness. You should be ashamed of yourself, and comments about Christmas spirit apply more to you than this young girl.
Well if her 125th offence is directed at you, you can give her a hug and a mince pie I'm sure.
[quote][p][bold]Vars1234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]verwoodsaint[/bold] wrote: Homeless thieving **** ! Death penalty would be the better option for her...[/p][/quote]Verwood Saint, your username disgusts me. Robbery is a horrible crime but you stand in judgement and would condemn someone to death knowing nothing of their circumstances or the ways in which they themselves may have been victimised through their lives! Do you think that a drug addicted girl in her twenties and homeless has led a happy life and been well cared for as a child? I work with homeless people and can tell you that the majority of these young and desperate people have been abused by adults throughout their lives and have never been shown or taught human kindness. You should be ashamed of yourself, and comments about Christmas spirit apply more to you than this young girl.[/p][/quote]Well if her 125th offence is directed at you, you can give her a hug and a mince pie I'm sure. Higginz

10:44pm Sat 22 Dec 12

Vars1234 says...

Higginz wrote:
Vars1234 wrote:
verwoodsaint wrote: Homeless thieving **** ! Death penalty would be the better option for her...
Verwood Saint, your username disgusts me. Robbery is a horrible crime but you stand in judgement and would condemn someone to death knowing nothing of their circumstances or the ways in which they themselves may have been victimised through their lives! Do you think that a drug addicted girl in her twenties and homeless has led a happy life and been well cared for as a child? I work with homeless people and can tell you that the majority of these young and desperate people have been abused by adults throughout their lives and have never been shown or taught human kindness. You should be ashamed of yourself, and comments about Christmas spirit apply more to you than this young girl.
Well if her 125th offence is directed at you, you can give her a hug and a mince pie I'm sure.
I think there's a difference between not wanting someone killed and giving someone a hug and a mince pie! Blimey there are some ignorant people out there! I know first hand that robbery is hugely traumatising, but I would not want to see the culprits dead.
[quote][p][bold]Higginz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Vars1234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]verwoodsaint[/bold] wrote: Homeless thieving **** ! Death penalty would be the better option for her...[/p][/quote]Verwood Saint, your username disgusts me. Robbery is a horrible crime but you stand in judgement and would condemn someone to death knowing nothing of their circumstances or the ways in which they themselves may have been victimised through their lives! Do you think that a drug addicted girl in her twenties and homeless has led a happy life and been well cared for as a child? I work with homeless people and can tell you that the majority of these young and desperate people have been abused by adults throughout their lives and have never been shown or taught human kindness. You should be ashamed of yourself, and comments about Christmas spirit apply more to you than this young girl.[/p][/quote]Well if her 125th offence is directed at you, you can give her a hug and a mince pie I'm sure.[/p][/quote]I think there's a difference between not wanting someone killed and giving someone a hug and a mince pie! Blimey there are some ignorant people out there! I know first hand that robbery is hugely traumatising, but I would not want to see the culprits dead. Vars1234

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree