Vandals in beach hut wrecking spree

Daily Echo: Vandals in beach hut wrecking spree Vandals in beach hut wrecking spree

BEACH hut owners have hit out at “mindless” vandals who went on a wrecking spree on a Hampshire beach.

Police have launched an investigation after almost 20 huts near Calshot Activities Centre were either damaged or broken into by burglars armed with bolt-croppers.

The cost of repairing the damage and replacing items stolen is being put at hundreds of pounds.

It is the latest in a series of incidents at Calshot Beach in the past few years.

In 2008, 24 of the 280 huts were broken into and attempts made to enter two others.

The following year four were destroyed in an arson attack that caused damage totalling £5,000.

Most of the huts are owned by people who rent the wooden or concrete bases from New Forest District Council.

Describing the latest incident Pauline Haden, Calshot representative for the New Forest Beach Hut Owners’ Association, said: “I stood at one end and could see that many of the huts had been broken into.

“I informed all our members, who started coming down to the beach and telling police what was missing. They were more or less resigned to the fact that this had happened yet again and helped each other to secure the huts.

“It was mindless, unnecessary vandalism – probably carried out by just a few individuals.”

Cutlery, tea towels and gas cylinders were stolen from some of the huts, while larger items such as kayaks and dinghies were left untouched.

Police want to hear from anyone who saw cars parked near Calshot Beach on December 22 and 23, when the incident took place. Officers are also urging beach hut owners to make their property more secure.

PC Alison Tilbury said: “We would advise them to empty the huts over the winter months and to use security padlocks that can’t be bolt-cropped.”

Anyone with information should call PC Tilbury or PC Christopher Yates at Hythe police station

Comments (55)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:39am Sun 30 Dec 12

Dusty says...

Thought of all chipping in and getting CCTV installed?
Thought of all chipping in and getting CCTV installed? Dusty

7:10am Sun 30 Dec 12

bigmonkeyman says...

I bet you don't have to look far to find the guilty parties involved!!!
I bet you don't have to look far to find the guilty parties involved!!! bigmonkeyman

9:48am Sun 30 Dec 12

huckit P says...

Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm!
Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm! huckit P

10:50am Sun 30 Dec 12

AndyAndrews says...

Oh no, it's that international gang which steals tea towels! Can't believe tea towels were mentioned as having been stolen....
Oh no, it's that international gang which steals tea towels! Can't believe tea towels were mentioned as having been stolen.... AndyAndrews

12:18pm Sun 30 Dec 12

southy says...

huckit P wrote:
Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm!
Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt.
For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.
[quote][p][bold]huckit P[/bold] wrote: Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm![/p][/quote]Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt. For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them. southy

1:25pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Stephen J says...

southy wrote:
huckit P wrote:
Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm!
Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt.
For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.
Rubbish. The illegal scrap metal market in gas cylinders is a real problem. For a start, Calor reckons up to 200 000 cylinders worth £9 million are stolen every year for scrap, and they regularly find them in scrap yards.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]huckit P[/bold] wrote: Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm![/p][/quote]Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt. For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.[/p][/quote]Rubbish. The illegal scrap metal market in gas cylinders is a real problem. For a start, Calor reckons up to 200 000 cylinders worth £9 million are stolen every year for scrap, and they regularly find them in scrap yards. Stephen J

3:03pm Sun 30 Dec 12

andysaints007 says...

AndyAndrews wrote:
Oh no, it's that international gang which steals tea towels! Can't believe tea towels were mentioned as having been stolen....
What do you want them to do then? Make the story up ? PR*ck
[quote][p][bold]AndyAndrews[/bold] wrote: Oh no, it's that international gang which steals tea towels! Can't believe tea towels were mentioned as having been stolen....[/p][/quote]What do you want them to do then? Make the story up ? PR*ck andysaints007

3:04pm Sun 30 Dec 12

southy says...

Stephen J wrote:
southy wrote:
huckit P wrote:
Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm!
Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt.
For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.
Rubbish. The illegal scrap metal market in gas cylinders is a real problem. For a start, Calor reckons up to 200 000 cylinders worth £9 million are stolen every year for scrap, and they regularly find them in scrap yards.
No they don't, 200,000 cylinders needs to be scrap and be replace every year. because of age or damage.
I know that all ready was told all about that when I work for Calor, Calor biggest problem with there gas bottles is people turning them into air tanks for compressors, only find the odd one or two in scrap yards, i seen them to but there is no where near as many as your hintting at, if there was Calor would be taking the scrap yard to court. Calor do not mess about when it comes to there bottles.
[quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]huckit P[/bold] wrote: Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm![/p][/quote]Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt. For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.[/p][/quote]Rubbish. The illegal scrap metal market in gas cylinders is a real problem. For a start, Calor reckons up to 200 000 cylinders worth £9 million are stolen every year for scrap, and they regularly find them in scrap yards.[/p][/quote]No they don't, 200,000 cylinders needs to be scrap and be replace every year. because of age or damage. I know that all ready was told all about that when I work for Calor, Calor biggest problem with there gas bottles is people turning them into air tanks for compressors, only find the odd one or two in scrap yards, i seen them to but there is no where near as many as your hintting at, if there was Calor would be taking the scrap yard to court. Calor do not mess about when it comes to there bottles. southy

3:55pm Sun 30 Dec 12

freefinker says...

southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
southy wrote:
huckit P wrote:
Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm!
Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt.
For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.
Rubbish. The illegal scrap metal market in gas cylinders is a real problem. For a start, Calor reckons up to 200 000 cylinders worth £9 million are stolen every year for scrap, and they regularly find them in scrap yards.
No they don't, 200,000 cylinders needs to be scrap and be replace every year. because of age or damage.
I know that all ready was told all about that when I work for Calor, Calor biggest problem with there gas bottles is people turning them into air tanks for compressors, only find the odd one or two in scrap yards, i seen them to but there is no where near as many as your hintting at, if there was Calor would be taking the scrap yard to court. Calor do not mess about when it comes to there bottles.
.. no, no, no, no, southy.

Stephen J got his accurate info from a recent Calor Gas press release.

See for yourself and admit you were wrong.

Or is this another of your alleged made up websites?

http://www.calor.co.
uk/about-calor/press
-centre/coast-to-coa
st-tornado/
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]huckit P[/bold] wrote: Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm![/p][/quote]Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt. For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.[/p][/quote]Rubbish. The illegal scrap metal market in gas cylinders is a real problem. For a start, Calor reckons up to 200 000 cylinders worth £9 million are stolen every year for scrap, and they regularly find them in scrap yards.[/p][/quote]No they don't, 200,000 cylinders needs to be scrap and be replace every year. because of age or damage. I know that all ready was told all about that when I work for Calor, Calor biggest problem with there gas bottles is people turning them into air tanks for compressors, only find the odd one or two in scrap yards, i seen them to but there is no where near as many as your hintting at, if there was Calor would be taking the scrap yard to court. Calor do not mess about when it comes to there bottles.[/p][/quote].. no, no, no, no, southy. Stephen J got his accurate info from a recent Calor Gas press release. See for yourself and admit you were wrong. Or is this another of your alleged made up websites? http://www.calor.co. uk/about-calor/press -centre/coast-to-coa st-tornado/ freefinker

4:11pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Torchie1 says...

freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
southy wrote:
huckit P wrote:
Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm!
Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt.
For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.
Rubbish. The illegal scrap metal market in gas cylinders is a real problem. For a start, Calor reckons up to 200 000 cylinders worth £9 million are stolen every year for scrap, and they regularly find them in scrap yards.
No they don't, 200,000 cylinders needs to be scrap and be replace every year. because of age or damage.
I know that all ready was told all about that when I work for Calor, Calor biggest problem with there gas bottles is people turning them into air tanks for compressors, only find the odd one or two in scrap yards, i seen them to but there is no where near as many as your hintting at, if there was Calor would be taking the scrap yard to court. Calor do not mess about when it comes to there bottles.
.. no, no, no, no, southy.

Stephen J got his accurate info from a recent Calor Gas press release.

See for yourself and admit you were wrong.

Or is this another of your alleged made up websites?

http://www.calor.co.

uk/about-calor/press

-centre/coast-to-coa

st-tornado/
Will it be an early bedtime, research at the library or an important union meeting that prevents Southy from replying?
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]huckit P[/bold] wrote: Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm![/p][/quote]Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt. For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.[/p][/quote]Rubbish. The illegal scrap metal market in gas cylinders is a real problem. For a start, Calor reckons up to 200 000 cylinders worth £9 million are stolen every year for scrap, and they regularly find them in scrap yards.[/p][/quote]No they don't, 200,000 cylinders needs to be scrap and be replace every year. because of age or damage. I know that all ready was told all about that when I work for Calor, Calor biggest problem with there gas bottles is people turning them into air tanks for compressors, only find the odd one or two in scrap yards, i seen them to but there is no where near as many as your hintting at, if there was Calor would be taking the scrap yard to court. Calor do not mess about when it comes to there bottles.[/p][/quote].. no, no, no, no, southy. Stephen J got his accurate info from a recent Calor Gas press release. See for yourself and admit you were wrong. Or is this another of your alleged made up websites? http://www.calor.co. uk/about-calor/press -centre/coast-to-coa st-tornado/[/p][/quote]Will it be an early bedtime, research at the library or an important union meeting that prevents Southy from replying? Torchie1

4:23pm Sun 30 Dec 12

southy says...

Ok let me point some thing out to you, blj is not Calor gaz, Calor have its own servers and its own personal address. ends with com.
.co.uk is a franchise busines the shops that calor use to own but was sold off.
blj is american lawer firm, for the franchise, Calor gaz is a german company.
and what the artical said about 15 bottles in 9 scrap yards is more close to the mark as it really is, not only that calor gaz owns most of the lpg bottling plants in europe, they own all but 2 in the uk.
And the bottles that turned up in Tasmania, I heard that story from the pep talk back in 1985
Ok let me point some thing out to you, blj is not Calor gaz, Calor have its own servers and its own personal address. ends with com. .co.uk is a franchise busines the shops that calor use to own but was sold off. blj is american lawer firm, for the franchise, Calor gaz is a german company. and what the artical said about 15 bottles in 9 scrap yards is more close to the mark as it really is, not only that calor gaz owns most of the lpg bottling plants in europe, they own all but 2 in the uk. And the bottles that turned up in Tasmania, I heard that story from the pep talk back in 1985 southy

4:46pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Dusty says...

Pedants R Us
Pedants R Us Dusty

4:51pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Stephen J says...

Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is! Stephen J

4:57pm Sun 30 Dec 12

freefinker says...

southy wrote:
Ok let me point some thing out to you, blj is not Calor gaz, Calor have its own servers and its own personal address. ends with com.
.co.uk is a franchise busines the shops that calor use to own but was sold off.
blj is american lawer firm, for the franchise, Calor gaz is a german company.
and what the artical said about 15 bottles in 9 scrap yards is more close to the mark as it really is, not only that calor gaz owns most of the lpg bottling plants in europe, they own all but 2 in the uk.
And the bottles that turned up in Tasmania, I heard that story from the pep talk back in 1985
.. shows how little you know.

Try calor.com and it takes you to .co.uk. There is no calor.com.

It was 51 (not 15) from 9 scrap yards. If you go to Humberside police website you will see that was over just 5 days of Operation Coast to Coast. Take that over a full year for all 1500 UK scrap yards and the 200,000 figure may well be quite conservative.

BLJ (Brown Lloyd James) are a global Public Relations Firm. Seems they compile and issue Calor press releases – it is a fairly common commercial operation for many large companies to have public relations handled by external professionals. So what? It’s still a Calor press release and on their website.

You just can’t admit you are wrong, can you?
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: Ok let me point some thing out to you, blj is not Calor gaz, Calor have its own servers and its own personal address. ends with com. .co.uk is a franchise busines the shops that calor use to own but was sold off. blj is american lawer firm, for the franchise, Calor gaz is a german company. and what the artical said about 15 bottles in 9 scrap yards is more close to the mark as it really is, not only that calor gaz owns most of the lpg bottling plants in europe, they own all but 2 in the uk. And the bottles that turned up in Tasmania, I heard that story from the pep talk back in 1985[/p][/quote].. shows how little you know. Try calor.com and it takes you to .co.uk. There is no calor.com. It was 51 (not 15) from 9 scrap yards. If you go to Humberside police website you will see that was over just 5 days of Operation Coast to Coast. Take that over a full year for all 1500 UK scrap yards and the 200,000 figure may well be quite conservative. BLJ (Brown Lloyd James) are a global Public Relations Firm. Seems they compile and issue Calor press releases – it is a fairly common commercial operation for many large companies to have public relations handled by external professionals. So what? It’s still a Calor press release and on their website. You just can’t admit you are wrong, can you? freefinker

5:01pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Southern Driver says...

Southy gets it wrong AGAIN:

"Calor gaz is a german company."

They are in fact owned by the SHV Energy Group who are in fact Dutch NOT German.

Stick to the facts and not fantasy or whatever you'd like it to be.
Southy gets it wrong AGAIN: "Calor gaz is a german company." They are in fact owned by the SHV Energy Group who are in fact Dutch NOT German. Stick to the facts and not fantasy or whatever you'd like it to be. Southern Driver

5:02pm Sun 30 Dec 12

freefinker says...

southy, redbridge, 5:26pm Sat 8 Jan 11. says: -

“and has admitting when i am wrong i am one of the only few people on here that will do that"

Come on then, prove it.
southy, redbridge, 5:26pm Sat 8 Jan 11. says: - “and has admitting when i am wrong i am one of the only few people on here that will do that" Come on then, prove it. freefinker

5:09pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Shoong says...

southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
southy wrote:
huckit P wrote:
Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm!
Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt.
For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.
Rubbish. The illegal scrap metal market in gas cylinders is a real problem. For a start, Calor reckons up to 200 000 cylinders worth £9 million are stolen every year for scrap, and they regularly find them in scrap yards.
No they don't, 200,000 cylinders needs to be scrap and be replace every year. because of age or damage.
I know that all ready was told all about that when I work for Calor, Calor biggest problem with there gas bottles is people turning them into air tanks for compressors, only find the odd one or two in scrap yards, i seen them to but there is no where near as many as your hintting at, if there was Calor would be taking the scrap yard to court. Calor do not mess about when it comes to there bottles.
Don't you get tired of making a complete idiot of yourself?
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]huckit P[/bold] wrote: Cutlery and gas cylinders eh? Scrap metal??? Hmm![/p][/quote]Scrap merchants will not buy a gas cylinder/s for scrap (unless its by accident though them not checking what they are recieving), all gas cylinders are owned by the company that is mark on themm You pay a deposit and get a receipt, and you can only get that deposit back if you show the receipt. For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them.[/p][/quote]Rubbish. The illegal scrap metal market in gas cylinders is a real problem. For a start, Calor reckons up to 200 000 cylinders worth £9 million are stolen every year for scrap, and they regularly find them in scrap yards.[/p][/quote]No they don't, 200,000 cylinders needs to be scrap and be replace every year. because of age or damage. I know that all ready was told all about that when I work for Calor, Calor biggest problem with there gas bottles is people turning them into air tanks for compressors, only find the odd one or two in scrap yards, i seen them to but there is no where near as many as your hintting at, if there was Calor would be taking the scrap yard to court. Calor do not mess about when it comes to there bottles.[/p][/quote]Don't you get tired of making a complete idiot of yourself? Shoong

5:33pm Sun 30 Dec 12

southy says...

Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
[quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz southy

5:50pm Sun 30 Dec 12

freefinker says...

southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
.. no southy, it is you who is wrong.

I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy)

I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said.

You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote].. no southy, it is you who is wrong. I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy) I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said. You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info. freefinker

6:14pm Sun 30 Dec 12

southy says...

freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
.. no southy, it is you who is wrong.

I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy)

I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said.

You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.
Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote].. no southy, it is you who is wrong. I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy) I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said. You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.[/p][/quote]Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares southy

6:19pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Stephen J says...

southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
So "Calor the franchise the shops" has no right to be discussing the issue of their stolen, scrapped and otherwise missing gas cylinders? In other words, which bit of what "Calor the franchise the shops" says is wrong?
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote]So "Calor the franchise the shops" has no right to be discussing the issue of their stolen, scrapped and otherwise missing gas cylinders? In other words, which bit of what "Calor the franchise the shops" says is wrong? Stephen J

6:28pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Southern Driver says...

southy wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
.. no southy, it is you who is wrong.

I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy)

I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said.

You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.
Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares
Absolutely got it wrong again Southy. Try researching Calor's History and you will find this:

In 1997 Calor became a wholly owned company within the SHV Energy Group, commencing a new chapter in Calor’s story.

Therefore, you are wrong AGAIN. Finally the company operate as Calor GAS not Calor Gaz.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote].. no southy, it is you who is wrong. I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy) I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said. You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.[/p][/quote]Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares[/p][/quote]Absolutely got it wrong again Southy. Try researching Calor's History and you will find this: In 1997 Calor became a wholly owned company within the SHV Energy Group, commencing a new chapter in Calor’s story. Therefore, you are wrong AGAIN. Finally the company operate as Calor GAS not Calor Gaz. Southern Driver

6:29pm Sun 30 Dec 12

freefinker says...

southy wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
.. no southy, it is you who is wrong.

I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy)

I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said.

You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.
Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares
.. nope.

As the website says "Calor is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch multinational company SHV"

What bit of that do you not understand?
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote].. no southy, it is you who is wrong. I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy) I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said. You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.[/p][/quote]Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares[/p][/quote].. nope. As the website says "Calor is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch multinational company SHV" What bit of that do you not understand? freefinker

6:52pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Of the Ilk says...

Why do you lot continue to argue with southy? He will never believe you anyway. Just let him think he is correct and he will be happy
Why do you lot continue to argue with southy? He will never believe you anyway. Just let him think he is correct and he will be happy Of the Ilk

7:01pm Sun 30 Dec 12

southy says...

Stephen J wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
So "Calor the franchise the shops" has no right to be discussing the issue of their stolen, scrapped and otherwise missing gas cylinders? In other words, which bit of what "Calor the franchise the shops" says is wrong?
Well they do have some rights, such as they have to pay Calor Gaz money for the use of the bottles which again is returned when bottles are returned, its money that they are losing and they have got to account for every bottle, so yes they would have some rights.
now you have hit on to some thing when you say missing, that would be more believable bottles that are missing, like my self I have 4 empty gas bottles here that I have never taken back, because over the years I have lost the deposit receipt on those bottles, so if i was to return them i would not get my deposit back that I paid, and this is the case all over the country, people no longer having the receipt on those bottles, and have the bottle in sheds and garages
[quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote]So "Calor the franchise the shops" has no right to be discussing the issue of their stolen, scrapped and otherwise missing gas cylinders? In other words, which bit of what "Calor the franchise the shops" says is wrong?[/p][/quote]Well they do have some rights, such as they have to pay Calor Gaz money for the use of the bottles which again is returned when bottles are returned, its money that they are losing and they have got to account for every bottle, so yes they would have some rights. now you have hit on to some thing when you say missing, that would be more believable bottles that are missing, like my self I have 4 empty gas bottles here that I have never taken back, because over the years I have lost the deposit receipt on those bottles, so if i was to return them i would not get my deposit back that I paid, and this is the case all over the country, people no longer having the receipt on those bottles, and have the bottle in sheds and garages southy

7:04pm Sun 30 Dec 12

southy says...

freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
.. no southy, it is you who is wrong.

I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy)

I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said.

You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.
Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares
.. nope.

As the website says "Calor is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch multinational company SHV"

What bit of that do you not understand?
Take a better look SHV has 40% share in Imperial Continental Gas Association plc who are the owners of Calor Gaz
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote].. no southy, it is you who is wrong. I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy) I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said. You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.[/p][/quote]Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares[/p][/quote].. nope. As the website says "Calor is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch multinational company SHV" What bit of that do you not understand?[/p][/quote]Take a better look SHV has 40% share in Imperial Continental Gas Association plc who are the owners of Calor Gaz southy

7:14pm Sun 30 Dec 12

IronLady2010 says...

Blimey, vandals wreck beach huts and Southy takes over on his one man crusade about Calor Gas.
Blimey, vandals wreck beach huts and Southy takes over on his one man crusade about Calor Gas. IronLady2010

7:23pm Sun 30 Dec 12

southy says...

Southern Driver wrote:
southy wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
.. no southy, it is you who is wrong.

I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy)

I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said.

You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.
Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares
Absolutely got it wrong again Southy. Try researching Calor's History and you will find this:

In 1997 Calor became a wholly owned company within the SHV Energy Group, commencing a new chapter in Calor’s story.

Therefore, you are wrong AGAIN. Finally the company operate as Calor GAS not Calor Gaz.
If you look deeper SHV owned 50% of Primagaz the other 50% was owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, it was Primagaz share that they bought out in 97 after 6 years of a joint adventure in Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, last thing what i heard that Imperial Continental Gas Association plc was up to was working with a japanese company
[quote][p][bold]Southern Driver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote].. no southy, it is you who is wrong. I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy) I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said. You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.[/p][/quote]Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares[/p][/quote]Absolutely got it wrong again Southy. Try researching Calor's History and you will find this: In 1997 Calor became a wholly owned company within the SHV Energy Group, commencing a new chapter in Calor’s story. Therefore, you are wrong AGAIN. Finally the company operate as Calor GAS not Calor Gaz.[/p][/quote]If you look deeper SHV owned 50% of Primagaz the other 50% was owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, it was Primagaz share that they bought out in 97 after 6 years of a joint adventure in Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, last thing what i heard that Imperial Continental Gas Association plc was up to was working with a japanese company southy

7:25pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Torchie1 says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
Blimey, vandals wreck beach huts and Southy takes over on his one man crusade about Calor Gas.
This is one of the leading lights in Tusc you are referring to.
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: Blimey, vandals wreck beach huts and Southy takes over on his one man crusade about Calor Gas.[/p][/quote]This is one of the leading lights in Tusc you are referring to. Torchie1

7:26pm Sun 30 Dec 12

southy says...

oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)
oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting) southy

7:54pm Sun 30 Dec 12

freefinker says...

southy wrote:
oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)
.. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting.

He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)[/p][/quote].. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting. He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went. freefinker

8:09pm Sun 30 Dec 12

freefinker says...

southy wrote:
Southern Driver wrote:
southy wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
.. no southy, it is you who is wrong.

I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy)

I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said.

You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.
Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares
Absolutely got it wrong again Southy. Try researching Calor's History and you will find this:

In 1997 Calor became a wholly owned company within the SHV Energy Group, commencing a new chapter in Calor’s story.

Therefore, you are wrong AGAIN. Finally the company operate as Calor GAS not Calor Gaz.
If you look deeper SHV owned 50% of Primagaz the other 50% was owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, it was Primagaz share that they bought out in 97 after 6 years of a joint adventure in Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, last thing what i heard that Imperial Continental Gas Association plc was up to was working with a japanese company
The reality is ICGA no longer exists.

In 1986 it split itself into two companies - Calor Group and Contibel.

In 1988 SHV acquired a 40% stake in the Calor Group and increased this to 100% in 1997.

I can only assume you are getting your information from a hopelessly out of date library book.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Southern Driver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote].. no southy, it is you who is wrong. I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy) I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said. You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.[/p][/quote]Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares[/p][/quote]Absolutely got it wrong again Southy. Try researching Calor's History and you will find this: In 1997 Calor became a wholly owned company within the SHV Energy Group, commencing a new chapter in Calor’s story. Therefore, you are wrong AGAIN. Finally the company operate as Calor GAS not Calor Gaz.[/p][/quote]If you look deeper SHV owned 50% of Primagaz the other 50% was owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, it was Primagaz share that they bought out in 97 after 6 years of a joint adventure in Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, last thing what i heard that Imperial Continental Gas Association plc was up to was working with a japanese company[/p][/quote]The reality is ICGA no longer exists. In 1986 it split itself into two companies - Calor Group and Contibel. In 1988 SHV acquired a 40% stake in the Calor Group and increased this to 100% in 1997. I can only assume you are getting your information from a hopelessly out of date library book. freefinker

8:31pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Of the Ilk says...

What would you lot do all day if you did not have southy to wind up? You might have to watch daytime TV!
What would you lot do all day if you did not have southy to wind up? You might have to watch daytime TV! Of the Ilk

8:33pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Stephen J says...

southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
So "Calor the franchise the shops" has no right to be discussing the issue of their stolen, scrapped and otherwise missing gas cylinders? In other words, which bit of what "Calor the franchise the shops" says is wrong?
Well they do have some rights, such as they have to pay Calor Gaz money for the use of the bottles which again is returned when bottles are returned, its money that they are losing and they have got to account for every bottle, so yes they would have some rights.
now you have hit on to some thing when you say missing, that would be more believable bottles that are missing, like my self I have 4 empty gas bottles here that I have never taken back, because over the years I have lost the deposit receipt on those bottles, so if i was to return them i would not get my deposit back that I paid, and this is the case all over the country, people no longer having the receipt on those bottles, and have the bottle in sheds and garages
1) "For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them." 2) "We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap." These two statements can't both be true. You've led everyone round the houses in some desperate attempt not to appear wrong. But you are wrong. So clearly wrong. Again. The thing is, the world does not revolve around what you think is true, what was once true, what you think should be true or what someone told you is true. The only thing that matters is what is actually true.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote]So "Calor the franchise the shops" has no right to be discussing the issue of their stolen, scrapped and otherwise missing gas cylinders? In other words, which bit of what "Calor the franchise the shops" says is wrong?[/p][/quote]Well they do have some rights, such as they have to pay Calor Gaz money for the use of the bottles which again is returned when bottles are returned, its money that they are losing and they have got to account for every bottle, so yes they would have some rights. now you have hit on to some thing when you say missing, that would be more believable bottles that are missing, like my self I have 4 empty gas bottles here that I have never taken back, because over the years I have lost the deposit receipt on those bottles, so if i was to return them i would not get my deposit back that I paid, and this is the case all over the country, people no longer having the receipt on those bottles, and have the bottle in sheds and garages[/p][/quote]1) "For a scrap merchant to buy scrap gas bottles they have got to buy them direct from the company that owns them." 2) "We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap." These two statements can't both be true. You've led everyone round the houses in some desperate attempt not to appear wrong. But you are wrong. So clearly wrong. Again. The thing is, the world does not revolve around what you think is true, what was once true, what you think should be true or what someone told you is true. The only thing that matters is what is actually true. Stephen J

8:54pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Stephen J says...

freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)
.. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting.

He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.
Probably out trying to get Labour back in power within the next 27 hours.

Southy says... 4:05pm Fri 18 Nov 11
"Labour will be back in power by the end of next year."
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)[/p][/quote].. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting. He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.[/p][/quote]Probably out trying to get Labour back in power within the next 27 hours. Southy says... 4:05pm Fri 18 Nov 11 "Labour will be back in power by the end of next year." Stephen J

8:55pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Torchie1 says...

freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Southern Driver wrote:
southy wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
.. no southy, it is you who is wrong.

I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy)

I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said.

You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.
Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares
Absolutely got it wrong again Southy. Try researching Calor's History and you will find this:

In 1997 Calor became a wholly owned company within the SHV Energy Group, commencing a new chapter in Calor’s story.

Therefore, you are wrong AGAIN. Finally the company operate as Calor GAS not Calor Gaz.
If you look deeper SHV owned 50% of Primagaz the other 50% was owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, it was Primagaz share that they bought out in 97 after 6 years of a joint adventure in Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, last thing what i heard that Imperial Continental Gas Association plc was up to was working with a japanese company
The reality is ICGA no longer exists.

In 1986 it split itself into two companies - Calor Group and Contibel.

In 1988 SHV acquired a 40% stake in the Calor Group and increased this to 100% in 1997.

I can only assume you are getting your information from a hopelessly out of date library book.
Southy has in fact told us that his computer skills have been honed to allow him to spot an Internet page that hasn't been tampered with whereas we mere mortals always quote one that is rotten with false right wing propaganda. Tusc is truly blessed with this candidate.
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Southern Driver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote].. no southy, it is you who is wrong. I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy) I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said. You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.[/p][/quote]Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares[/p][/quote]Absolutely got it wrong again Southy. Try researching Calor's History and you will find this: In 1997 Calor became a wholly owned company within the SHV Energy Group, commencing a new chapter in Calor’s story. Therefore, you are wrong AGAIN. Finally the company operate as Calor GAS not Calor Gaz.[/p][/quote]If you look deeper SHV owned 50% of Primagaz the other 50% was owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, it was Primagaz share that they bought out in 97 after 6 years of a joint adventure in Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, last thing what i heard that Imperial Continental Gas Association plc was up to was working with a japanese company[/p][/quote]The reality is ICGA no longer exists. In 1986 it split itself into two companies - Calor Group and Contibel. In 1988 SHV acquired a 40% stake in the Calor Group and increased this to 100% in 1997. I can only assume you are getting your information from a hopelessly out of date library book.[/p][/quote]Southy has in fact told us that his computer skills have been honed to allow him to spot an Internet page that hasn't been tampered with whereas we mere mortals always quote one that is rotten with false right wing propaganda. Tusc is truly blessed with this candidate. Torchie1

9:02pm Sun 30 Dec 12

IronLady2010 says...

Torchie1 wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Southern Driver wrote:
southy wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says:

"Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is!
No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz
.. no southy, it is you who is wrong.

I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy)

I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said.

You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.
Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares
Absolutely got it wrong again Southy. Try researching Calor's History and you will find this:

In 1997 Calor became a wholly owned company within the SHV Energy Group, commencing a new chapter in Calor’s story.

Therefore, you are wrong AGAIN. Finally the company operate as Calor GAS not Calor Gaz.
If you look deeper SHV owned 50% of Primagaz the other 50% was owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, it was Primagaz share that they bought out in 97 after 6 years of a joint adventure in Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, last thing what i heard that Imperial Continental Gas Association plc was up to was working with a japanese company
The reality is ICGA no longer exists.

In 1986 it split itself into two companies - Calor Group and Contibel.

In 1988 SHV acquired a 40% stake in the Calor Group and increased this to 100% in 1997.

I can only assume you are getting your information from a hopelessly out of date library book.
Southy has in fact told us that his computer skills have been honed to allow him to spot an Internet page that hasn't been tampered with whereas we mere mortals always quote one that is rotten with false right wing propaganda. Tusc is truly blessed with this candidate.
Yep, look out for the headers, they give you the real truth, the hackers never ever thought about the headers, which only applies to emails!
[quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Southern Driver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: Come off it. Calor.co.uk is Calor! Go to that page and there's pictures of Calor gas bottles on it! Calor itself says: "Unlawful scrapping– We are aware of a number of scrap metal operations who are actively taking in our cylinders, cutting them up and them selling them on as scrap...The industry estimates that metal theft for illegal scrapping or export runs at around 1% of the cylinder population per annum. The 200,000 or so cylinders that are misappropriated come at a replacement value to the industry of approximately £9 million." So, is there an illegal scrap trade in stolen gas bottles? Yes there is![/p][/quote]No Steven Calor.co.uk is Calor the franchise the shops, and not Calor Gaz[/p][/quote].. no southy, it is you who is wrong. I've already directed you to the .co.uk website of Calor Gas Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dutch company SHV Energy) I suggest you actually read what they have to say about the company structure because absolutely nowhere does it back up anything you have said. You are just making it up as you go along; everyone else is posting accurate researched info.[/p][/quote]Try again Calor is owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, Which SHV has 40% of shares[/p][/quote]Absolutely got it wrong again Southy. Try researching Calor's History and you will find this: In 1997 Calor became a wholly owned company within the SHV Energy Group, commencing a new chapter in Calor’s story. Therefore, you are wrong AGAIN. Finally the company operate as Calor GAS not Calor Gaz.[/p][/quote]If you look deeper SHV owned 50% of Primagaz the other 50% was owned by Imperial Continental Gas Association plc, it was Primagaz share that they bought out in 97 after 6 years of a joint adventure in Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, last thing what i heard that Imperial Continental Gas Association plc was up to was working with a japanese company[/p][/quote]The reality is ICGA no longer exists. In 1986 it split itself into two companies - Calor Group and Contibel. In 1988 SHV acquired a 40% stake in the Calor Group and increased this to 100% in 1997. I can only assume you are getting your information from a hopelessly out of date library book.[/p][/quote]Southy has in fact told us that his computer skills have been honed to allow him to spot an Internet page that hasn't been tampered with whereas we mere mortals always quote one that is rotten with false right wing propaganda. Tusc is truly blessed with this candidate.[/p][/quote]Yep, look out for the headers, they give you the real truth, the hackers never ever thought about the headers, which only applies to emails! IronLady2010

9:02pm Sun 30 Dec 12

freefinker says...

Stephen J wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)
.. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting.

He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.
Probably out trying to get Labour back in power within the next 27 hours.

Southy says... 4:05pm Fri 18 Nov 11
"Labour will be back in power by the end of next year."
When I did bring this up in mid-November he insisted the year was not yet over and 'a day is a long time in politics'.

So, today is perhaps a little premature for southy.
[quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)[/p][/quote].. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting. He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.[/p][/quote]Probably out trying to get Labour back in power within the next 27 hours. Southy says... 4:05pm Fri 18 Nov 11 "Labour will be back in power by the end of next year."[/p][/quote]When I did bring this up in mid-November he insisted the year was not yet over and 'a day is a long time in politics'. So, today is perhaps a little premature for southy. freefinker

9:27pm Sun 30 Dec 12

IronLady2010 says...

freefinker wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)
.. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting.

He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.
Probably out trying to get Labour back in power within the next 27 hours.

Southy says... 4:05pm Fri 18 Nov 11
"Labour will be back in power by the end of next year."
When I did bring this up in mid-November he insisted the year was not yet over and 'a day is a long time in politics'.

So, today is perhaps a little premature for southy.
I'd like to say a big something could go off and blow the government up, but if I say that and it happens guess who's No.1 suspect?

So, you never know he could be right, just make sure HE is the No.1 suspect lol
[quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)[/p][/quote].. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting. He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.[/p][/quote]Probably out trying to get Labour back in power within the next 27 hours. Southy says... 4:05pm Fri 18 Nov 11 "Labour will be back in power by the end of next year."[/p][/quote]When I did bring this up in mid-November he insisted the year was not yet over and 'a day is a long time in politics'. So, today is perhaps a little premature for southy.[/p][/quote]I'd like to say a big something could go off and blow the government up, but if I say that and it happens guess who's No.1 suspect? So, you never know he could be right, just make sure HE is the No.1 suspect lol IronLady2010

9:27pm Sun 30 Dec 12

IronLady2010 says...

IronLady2010 wrote:
freefinker wrote:
Stephen J wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)
.. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting.

He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.
Probably out trying to get Labour back in power within the next 27 hours.

Southy says... 4:05pm Fri 18 Nov 11
"Labour will be back in power by the end of next year."
When I did bring this up in mid-November he insisted the year was not yet over and 'a day is a long time in politics'.

So, today is perhaps a little premature for southy.
I'd like to say a big something could go off and blow the government up, but if I say that and it happens guess who's No.1 suspect?

So, you never know he could be right, just make sure HE is the No.1 suspect lol
I wonder if the Library will record it?
[quote][p][bold]IronLady2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)[/p][/quote].. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting. He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.[/p][/quote]Probably out trying to get Labour back in power within the next 27 hours. Southy says... 4:05pm Fri 18 Nov 11 "Labour will be back in power by the end of next year."[/p][/quote]When I did bring this up in mid-November he insisted the year was not yet over and 'a day is a long time in politics'. So, today is perhaps a little premature for southy.[/p][/quote]I'd like to say a big something could go off and blow the government up, but if I say that and it happens guess who's No.1 suspect? So, you never know he could be right, just make sure HE is the No.1 suspect lol[/p][/quote]I wonder if the Library will record it? IronLady2010

10:10pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Niel says...

Hummm, what about cylinders stolen for their contents to keep p**** caravans warm & tea towels for toilet paper...
Stainless steel cutlery for scrap.
Hummm, what about cylinders stolen for their contents to keep p**** caravans warm & tea towels for toilet paper... Stainless steel cutlery for scrap. Niel

10:53pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Sir Ad E Noid says...

Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.
Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot. Sir Ad E Noid

11:19pm Sun 30 Dec 12

Torchie1 says...

Sir Ad E Noid wrote:
Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.
There would be even more if poor Southy hadn't been dragged out to a mysterious union meeting late on The last Sunday night before the New Year !!!! If there wasn't so much cloud, the low flying pigs would be easier to see.
[quote][p][bold]Sir Ad E Noid[/bold] wrote: Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.[/p][/quote]There would be even more if poor Southy hadn't been dragged out to a mysterious union meeting late on The last Sunday night before the New Year !!!! If there wasn't so much cloud, the low flying pigs would be easier to see. Torchie1

7:35am Mon 31 Dec 12

stay local says...

Several questions come to mind. Firstly is Southy only worried about the calor butane bottles as they are blue, and therefore part of the ruling class, whereas the propane cylinder are red and must be socialist! Do you think they were vandals? don't vandals normally just vandalise (kick the doors in etc. Whereas thieves may carry bolt croppers to open locks and take items.

Why is Southy not worried about the tea towels "won't somebody think of the tea towels" do they have to be returned to their place of purchase? Could they have been taken by the SBS to dry their secret air rifles, or perhaps eco warriors who will use them to make sand bags that can be placed around the earth to prevent is wobble or to shore up the sporadic areas of subsidence caused by the unregulated (by Southy, but approve by DEFRA and the environment agency). I guess I will have to rush to my library to find out the truth {as 90% of things on the internet are false }. Where should I look do I take Southy's advice and look in the fiction section???
Several questions come to mind. Firstly is Southy only worried about the calor butane bottles as they are blue, and therefore part of the ruling class, whereas the propane cylinder are red and must be socialist! Do you think they were vandals? don't vandals normally just vandalise (kick the doors in etc. Whereas thieves may carry bolt croppers to open locks and take items. Why is Southy not worried about the tea towels "won't somebody think of the tea towels" do they have to be returned to their place of purchase? Could they have been taken by the SBS to dry their secret air rifles, or perhaps eco warriors who will use them to make sand bags that can be placed around the earth to prevent is wobble or to shore up the sporadic areas of subsidence caused by the unregulated (by Southy, but approve by DEFRA and the environment agency). I guess I will have to rush to my library to find out the truth {as 90% of things on the internet are false [Southy 2012]}. Where should I look do I take Southy's advice and look in the fiction section??? stay local

10:11am Mon 31 Dec 12

Big Mac says...

SOUTHY
Same Old Usual Tosh Here... Yep
SOUTHY Same Old Usual Tosh Here... Yep Big Mac

11:27am Mon 31 Dec 12

Subject48 says...

What on earth is southy on about this time? Who cares.
What on earth is southy on about this time? Who cares. Subject48

11:39am Mon 31 Dec 12

southy says...

stay local wrote:
Several questions come to mind. Firstly is Southy only worried about the calor butane bottles as they are blue, and therefore part of the ruling class, whereas the propane cylinder are red and must be socialist! Do you think they were vandals? don't vandals normally just vandalise (kick the doors in etc. Whereas thieves may carry bolt croppers to open locks and take items.

Why is Southy not worried about the tea towels "won't somebody think of the tea towels" do they have to be returned to their place of purchase? Could they have been taken by the SBS to dry their secret air rifles, or perhaps eco warriors who will use them to make sand bags that can be placed around the earth to prevent is wobble or to shore up the sporadic areas of subsidence caused by the unregulated (by Southy, but approve by DEFRA and the environment agency). I guess I will have to rush to my library to find out the truth {as 90% of things on the internet are false }. Where should I look do I take Southy's advice and look in the fiction section???
I leave the Tea towels in your hands to deal with, its more your kind of thing and style of knowledge.
[quote][p][bold]stay local[/bold] wrote: Several questions come to mind. Firstly is Southy only worried about the calor butane bottles as they are blue, and therefore part of the ruling class, whereas the propane cylinder are red and must be socialist! Do you think they were vandals? don't vandals normally just vandalise (kick the doors in etc. Whereas thieves may carry bolt croppers to open locks and take items. Why is Southy not worried about the tea towels "won't somebody think of the tea towels" do they have to be returned to their place of purchase? Could they have been taken by the SBS to dry their secret air rifles, or perhaps eco warriors who will use them to make sand bags that can be placed around the earth to prevent is wobble or to shore up the sporadic areas of subsidence caused by the unregulated (by Southy, but approve by DEFRA and the environment agency). I guess I will have to rush to my library to find out the truth {as 90% of things on the internet are false [Southy 2012]}. Where should I look do I take Southy's advice and look in the fiction section???[/p][/quote]I leave the Tea towels in your hands to deal with, its more your kind of thing and style of knowledge. southy

11:45am Mon 31 Dec 12

southy says...

Torchie1 wrote:
Sir Ad E Noid wrote:
Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.
There would be even more if poor Southy hadn't been dragged out to a mysterious union meeting late on The last Sunday night before the New Year !!!! If there wasn't so much cloud, the low flying pigs would be easier to see.
Who said I went to a Union meeting I did not Torchie, I said I had a meeting to go to which do not mean its a Union meeting..
At lest I am willing to get out there and find out things, an not rely on information put up on the internet by people like your self who as not even bothered to check on the information in the first place.
[quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sir Ad E Noid[/bold] wrote: Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.[/p][/quote]There would be even more if poor Southy hadn't been dragged out to a mysterious union meeting late on The last Sunday night before the New Year !!!! If there wasn't so much cloud, the low flying pigs would be easier to see.[/p][/quote]Who said I went to a Union meeting I did not Torchie, I said I had a meeting to go to which do not mean its a Union meeting.. At lest I am willing to get out there and find out things, an not rely on information put up on the internet by people like your self who as not even bothered to check on the information in the first place. southy

11:57am Mon 31 Dec 12

Big Mac says...

It was a meeting of one, commonly referred to as a mass debate.
It was a meeting of one, commonly referred to as a mass debate. Big Mac

12:16pm Mon 31 Dec 12

freefinker says...

southy wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
Sir Ad E Noid wrote:
Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.
There would be even more if poor Southy hadn't been dragged out to a mysterious union meeting late on The last Sunday night before the New Year !!!! If there wasn't so much cloud, the low flying pigs would be easier to see.
Who said I went to a Union meeting I did not Torchie, I said I had a meeting to go to which do not mean its a Union meeting..
At lest I am willing to get out there and find out things, an not rely on information put up on the internet by people like your self who as not even bothered to check on the information in the first place.
.. trouble is, southy, you don't 'find out things', do you? Almost everything you post on this site is wrong.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sir Ad E Noid[/bold] wrote: Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.[/p][/quote]There would be even more if poor Southy hadn't been dragged out to a mysterious union meeting late on The last Sunday night before the New Year !!!! If there wasn't so much cloud, the low flying pigs would be easier to see.[/p][/quote]Who said I went to a Union meeting I did not Torchie, I said I had a meeting to go to which do not mean its a Union meeting.. At lest I am willing to get out there and find out things, an not rely on information put up on the internet by people like your self who as not even bothered to check on the information in the first place.[/p][/quote].. trouble is, southy, you don't 'find out things', do you? Almost everything you post on this site is wrong. freefinker

12:38pm Mon 31 Dec 12

Torchie1 says...

southy wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
Sir Ad E Noid wrote:
Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.
There would be even more if poor Southy hadn't been dragged out to a mysterious union meeting late on The last Sunday night before the New Year !!!! If there wasn't so much cloud, the low flying pigs would be easier to see.
Who said I went to a Union meeting I did not Torchie, I said I had a meeting to go to which do not mean its a Union meeting..
At lest I am willing to get out there and find out things, an not rely on information put up on the internet by people like your self who as not even bothered to check on the information in the first place.
On one thread you tell us that nothing on the internet can be trusted and on another you tell us how you can 'prove' anything using websites that only you can tell are safe. Have you ever wondered why no-one from your beloved Tusc ever comes to your rescue on this site when you get bogged down in an argument where you are so obviously wrong? Even your fellow socialist tries to reason with your bizarre logic because he can see the harm you do as you make socialism a joke. I thought I detected some logic recently when you tried to claim that you weren't 'hard left' but it's nice to see you are back to showing your real colours so perhaps you would be better off relying on sensible sources of information that the vast majority know are safe instead of trying to make things up in a strange effort to impress. You have created an impression that your posts are going to be a mixture of entertainment and kindergarten logic, and long may it continue for our amusement.
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sir Ad E Noid[/bold] wrote: Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.[/p][/quote]There would be even more if poor Southy hadn't been dragged out to a mysterious union meeting late on The last Sunday night before the New Year !!!! If there wasn't so much cloud, the low flying pigs would be easier to see.[/p][/quote]Who said I went to a Union meeting I did not Torchie, I said I had a meeting to go to which do not mean its a Union meeting.. At lest I am willing to get out there and find out things, an not rely on information put up on the internet by people like your self who as not even bothered to check on the information in the first place.[/p][/quote]On one thread you tell us that nothing on the internet can be trusted and on another you tell us how you can 'prove' anything using websites that only you can tell are safe. Have you ever wondered why no-one from your beloved Tusc ever comes to your rescue on this site when you get bogged down in an argument where you are so obviously wrong? Even your fellow socialist tries to reason with your bizarre logic because he can see the harm you do as you make socialism a joke. I thought I detected some logic recently when you tried to claim that you weren't 'hard left' but it's nice to see you are back to showing your real colours so perhaps you would be better off relying on sensible sources of information that the vast majority know are safe instead of trying to make things up in a strange effort to impress. You have created an impression that your posts are going to be a mixture of entertainment and kindergarten logic, and long may it continue for our amusement. Torchie1

1:46pm Mon 31 Dec 12

Stephen J says...

southy wrote:
Torchie1 wrote:
Sir Ad E Noid wrote:
Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.
There would be even more if poor Southy hadn't been dragged out to a mysterious union meeting late on The last Sunday night before the New Year !!!! If there wasn't so much cloud, the low flying pigs would be easier to see.
Who said I went to a Union meeting I did not Torchie, I said I had a meeting to go to which do not mean its a Union meeting..
At lest I am willing to get out there and find out things, an not rely on information put up on the internet by people like your self who as not even bothered to check on the information in the first place.
It doesn't matter where you 'find things out' from. Whether from the library, the internet, what someone told you at the TUSC stall, at a meeting, it can still be wrong. There's nothing virtuous in defending a 'fact' simply because you respect the source, or because you went to a lot of effort to find it out. If it's wrong, it's wrong!
[quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Torchie1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sir Ad E Noid[/bold] wrote: Blimey, I am exhausted after reading that lot.[/p][/quote]There would be even more if poor Southy hadn't been dragged out to a mysterious union meeting late on The last Sunday night before the New Year !!!! If there wasn't so much cloud, the low flying pigs would be easier to see.[/p][/quote]Who said I went to a Union meeting I did not Torchie, I said I had a meeting to go to which do not mean its a Union meeting.. At lest I am willing to get out there and find out things, an not rely on information put up on the internet by people like your self who as not even bothered to check on the information in the first place.[/p][/quote]It doesn't matter where you 'find things out' from. Whether from the library, the internet, what someone told you at the TUSC stall, at a meeting, it can still be wrong. There's nothing virtuous in defending a 'fact' simply because you respect the source, or because you went to a lot of effort to find it out. If it's wrong, it's wrong! Stephen J

1:48pm Mon 31 Dec 12

Pandoragolden1 says...

I think that the main point here is that somebody stole the gas bottles because they could get money for them so there is a market wherever it may be!!!
I think that the main point here is that somebody stole the gas bottles because they could get money for them so there is a market wherever it may be!!! Pandoragolden1

1:49pm Mon 31 Dec 12

Shoong says...

Stephen J wrote:
freefinker wrote:
southy wrote:
oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)
.. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting.

He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.
Probably out trying to get Labour back in power within the next 27 hours.

Southy says... 4:05pm Fri 18 Nov 11
"Labour will be back in power by the end of next year."
Peter also said that there would be a vote of no confidence in the government (if that's even possible to put forward) and there would be a general election by the end of the year.
[quote][p][bold]Stephen J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freefinker[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]southy[/bold] wrote: oh thanks for helping the time to go by faster have to love and leave ya, things to (meeting)[/p][/quote].. well there you are Torchie1, it's a union meeting. He did, though, put up a lot of totally inaccurate irrelevancies before he went.[/p][/quote]Probably out trying to get Labour back in power within the next 27 hours. Southy says... 4:05pm Fri 18 Nov 11 "Labour will be back in power by the end of next year."[/p][/quote]Peter also said that there would be a vote of no confidence in the government (if that's even possible to put forward) and there would be a general election by the end of the year. Shoong

2:06pm Mon 31 Dec 12

Subject48 says...

@ Big mac

haaa good one. Little crude, but good nonetheless!
@ Big mac haaa good one. Little crude, but good nonetheless! Subject48

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree