When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Firefighters called to tumble drier fire
9:07am Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS in Hampshire were called to a blaze in the early hours of this morning involving a tumble dryer.
Crews from Romsey and Stockbridge were alerted just before 3.30am as the flames took hold of a two-storey traditional building in Salisbury Road, Stockbridge.
It took them more than an hour to get the fire, which involved the ground floor utility room and tumble dryer, under control.
The 15m by 15m building, which had wood-cladding, was 30 per cent damaged by fire and 100 per cent damaged by smoke.