AN ARMED gang burst into a Southampton home before assaulting the residents and demanding they hand over their money.
The trio of robbers burst in armed with a a crowbar, baseball bat and a hammer.
The gang rang the doorbell and then forced their way inside when one of the students answered the door to the home on Newcombe Road.
All four of the victims were injured, with suffering a broken arm and another a broken nose and a fractured hand.
The incident happened around 6.50pm on Friday evening.
The first robber was white, around 6ft 3 or 4 tall, aged in his 20s with shaggy dark brown hair. He was wearing a black hoodie and trousers with the hood up and scarf over his face and black Air Force 1 trainers. The bat he used was mainly silver and smaller than average, could possibly be a softball bat.
The second offender was a white but tanned male, 5ft 10, aged between 26-35 years with hazel eyes. He was of a stocky build with large belly.
He was wearing a Puffa jacket, dark red and black woolly hat, brown scarf, dark grey hoodie and blue jeans.
The third attacker was an Asian male, 6ft tall and aged 25-35 years. He was an athletic build and was wearing a black woolly hat, black scarf and a dark grey hoodie.
Investigating officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or saw the offenders making good their escape, or from anyone who has information to help identify the three men.
Information should be given by phoning Southampton CID on 101 or the Crimestoppers line anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- More crime stories
- Hampshire farmer convicted of mistreating his animals
- Murder investigation launched after man found dead
- Drink driver dragged out of bush after fleeing from police
- In the dock in Southampton: Breaking a sex offence order, drink driving and assault
- Teenage girl found near pub with fractured skull and missing phone
- CCTV PHOTOS: Trespassers break into Spinnaker Tower and base jump from top
- Hampshire schoolchildren left scene of terror attack just minutes before it happened
- Motorbike ridden deliberately at police officer
- More Southampton stories
- Southampton shop to re-open after £500,000 makeover
- WATCH: 'Fantastic and emotional' flashmob filmed in Westquay
- Redbridge and Millbrook flyovers to be shut for 'noisy' roadworks
- HOUR-LONG delays on major Southampton commuter route
- Marco Pierre White to launch Southampton restaurant
- Hunt for witness after woman plunged from third-floor window
- Man charged with drugs and firearms offence after police raid Southampton home
- Man arrested after cash-in-transit robbery at pub