Police are appealing for witnesses following an attempted robbery in Hampshire.
The victim, a 29-year-old man, was approached by an unknown man who was holding a knife down by his side.
He calmly asked for the victim’s wallet and money but was told to go away by the victim.
The incident occurred between 9.50pm and 9.55pm on January 22 in Magennis Close, Gosport.
The suspect then ran off empty handed in the direction of Cornwell Close.
He is described as:
• White man
• 5ft 6 tall
• Skinny build
• In his late teens
• Short dark messy hair
• Dark eyes
• Clear skin
• He was wearing a suede dark coloured jacket with a collar, dark tracksuit trousers with white stripes down the side and dark trainers.
PC David Terrett from Fareham and Gosport CID said: “I would like to speak to anyone who was in the area of Magennis Close at the time of the incident and may have witnessed the suspect running from the scene or anyone who recognises the description of the suspect.”
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact PC Terrett at Fareham and Gosport CID by phoning 101.
Mini-Com users can call the police on 18001 101. Information can be given anonymously by calling the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.
For all the latest crime stories
- Man denies murdering mum-of-five in field
- Brothers facing life in prison for murder
- UPDATE: School on lockdown after reports of air gun being fired
- Safety warning after five deaths in four days on Hampshire's roads
- Young woman fights off attacker
- £10m funding reduction hammer blow for police
- UPDATE: Brothers guilty of murdering newsagent
- Efit released in hunt for robber who attacked woman walking her dog