Police are appealing for witnesses following an attempted robbery in Hampshire.
The victim, a 29-year-old man, was approached by an unknown man who was holding a knife down by his side.
He calmly asked for the victim’s wallet and money but was told to go away by the victim.
The incident occurred between 9.50pm and 9.55pm on January 22 in Magennis Close, Gosport.
The suspect then ran off empty handed in the direction of Cornwell Close.
He is described as:
• White man
• 5ft 6 tall
• Skinny build
• In his late teens
• Short dark messy hair
• Dark eyes
• Clear skin
• He was wearing a suede dark coloured jacket with a collar, dark tracksuit trousers with white stripes down the side and dark trainers.
PC David Terrett from Fareham and Gosport CID said: “I would like to speak to anyone who was in the area of Magennis Close at the time of the incident and may have witnessed the suspect running from the scene or anyone who recognises the description of the suspect.”
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact PC Terrett at Fareham and Gosport CID by phoning 101.
Mini-Com users can call the police on 18001 101. Information can be given anonymously by calling the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.
For all the latest crime stories
- Motorbike ridden deliberately at police officer
- Man who 'hears voices telling him to kill people' jailed for attempted GBH
- Hampshire schoolchildren left scene of terror attack just minutes before it happened
- Armed police arrest seven in multi-city raids after Westminster terror attack
- Hunt for witness after woman plunged from third-floor window
- Speeding fines set to rocket next month in Government crackdown
- Hunt stepped up for suspected kidnapper who has been hiding for two months
- Man charged with drugs and firearms offence after police raid Southampton home