A top Southampton lecturer has been suspended after her city home was uncovered as a haven for drug dealers, it has emerged.
Kristine Lord has been banned from leading lessons at Southampton Solent University after police shut down her Southcliff Road property last Friday.
Mrs Lord, who shared the Victorian terraced property with her son, Christopher, was effectively evicted from the home after the home was used as a base for doorstep deals.
As previously reported by the Daily Echo, residents suffered sleepless nights as drug users urinated on their property, threw stones at windows and banged on doors to get their fix.
Other homeowners in the area said the problems had been going on for a year and a half, with “non-stop” dealing taking place.
The home now lies boarded up after magistrates granted permission to close down the crack den as part of Operation Fortress - a two-year police operation aimed at stamping out serious violence related to drug trafficking.
Mrs Lord, 64, said she was “completely shocked” by her neighbours' statements and claimed she had no idea that drug dealing was happening in her home.
But the senior lecturer in entrepreneurship innovation and creativity at the university has been temporarily removed her post, while the police investigation continues.
A spokesperson for Southampton Solent University confirmed that Mrs Lord had been suspended, but refused to answer any further questions.
In a brief statement, the spokesperson said: “Kristine Lord has been suspended from her duties at the University pending the outcome of police enquiries and our own internal investigations.”
More crime stories:
- Jury urges action at Hampshire road after finding woman guilty of causing death of elderly cyclist
- Parents warned after dangerous sex offender 'spotted' near school
- Southampton drugs gang jailed over £500,000 cocaine and heroin deals
- UPDATE: Helicopters in manhunt for dangerous child sex offender who escaped from psychiatric unit
- CAUGHT: Police catch thousands of Hampshire drivers speeding over just ONE week - find out where the cameras are
- Footballer charged over child sex allegations
- UPDATE: Driver appears in court over deaths of teenage girls
- Hundreds of children caught with drugs at Hampshire schools
More Southampton stories
- UPDATE: Neighbours tell of dramatic moments residents tried to save a teenage motorbike rider who died in road smash
- Thousands of runners poised to pound the streets in ABP Southampton Half Marathon today
- Tributes paid to student found dead in room with helium gas beside body
- Superfan legally changes name to Saints legend Matt Le Tissier
- World famous marine research based in Southampton docks opens its doors today
- Man took life after rowing with partner
- Woman died after falling
- Crafty class for youngsters