A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Mystery surrounds the death of a badly injured baby with 'blunt force' injuries
- Car destroyed in fire at caravan park
- Flat fire leaves woman with breathing problems
- Mother's desperate plea for missing son to come home
- 'We just want to know he is safe' - mum’s emotional plea as dozens bid to help find missing 24-year-old
- Flat fire destroys bedoroom
- Family of missing Hampshire man issue urgent plea for him to come home
- Benefits fraudster ordered to pay back £11,000