A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Lift-off for historic Solent devolution deal - and now it's time to have your say
- Anger as cash slashed in battle against Hampshire's obesity crisis
- Breakthrough for Stubbington Bypass as council coughs up £8.5m
- Mum vows to carry on fight to keep 43 children's centres open
- CRICKET: Hants star Carberry diagnosed with cancer
- UPDATE: Teenage girls found safe and well.
- PHOTOS: Fareham Academy prom
- Appeal after unsecured car broke into on estate