When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Smoke alarm saves man from house fire
8:14am Thursday 31st January 2013 in News
A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Road hold ups after thieves steal traffic light batteries
- Protesters make new legal challenge over homes plan
- Man attacked in street by youths
- Show day to encourage an active lifestyle
- Last chance to have say on Welborne Plan
- Launch day for primary school £500,000 lift
- Huge fire 'not started deliberately'
- Couple killed in fatal crash named
Comments are closed on this article.