A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Four arrests and potential witness hunted after horror motorcycle crash
- 'I'll take your heads off' - schools evacuated after bomb hoax
- Thousands giddy up for historic horse fair
- Ukip chief in medieval race row after historian's Twitter blast
- Council leaders hit back in battle for future of Hampshire
- Boy's dream come true after meeting cycling idol Froome
- Boy, 12, raped five-year-old girl in his bedroom
- Young girl hurt in hit-and-run