A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Multi-million pound plans to revamp 'ancient and grim' precinct
- Plans unveiled for £20m revamp of historic fort
- Hampshire could see its first grammar school built in decades
- Council warns it needs to build 3,000 extra homes
- VIDEO: What drove a bunch of youngsters to throw themselves into the sea?
- Hunt to catch serial purse thief
- Council pushing to get 6,000-home development built
- Paralympian cheers on students in finals