A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Air ambulances to fly at night in Hampshire - thanks to £5million global bank fines
- Anger after it's revealed Hampshire's train network is 'the most underfunded'
- Hampshire charity launches safety course for lorry drivers
- Tanker fire on the M3
- Teenage pregnancies drop in Hampshire
- Hampshire mental health chiefs ordered to make 'dramatic improvements'
- Firefighters begin latest 24-hour strike
- Hampshire MPs defeated over bid to toughen abortion laws