A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Titchfield boy Oliver hopes to take first steps after surgery in the USA
- VIDEO: Hampshire dog is top of the pups with remarkable tricks
- Local muslim leader backs calls for IS to release prisoner
- Thunderstorm brings flash floods
- Dig out your old footwear in aid of Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance
- Hampshire among top 10 retirement destinations
- MP calls for tougher penalties for firms who fail to pay bills
- Engineering centre of excellence opens doors