A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Parents warned after dangerous sex offender 'spotted' near school
- GALLERY: Hampshire's St George's Day celebrations
- CAUGHT: Police catch thousands of Hampshire drivers speeding over just ONE week - find out where the cameras are
- Firefighters tackle dishwasher blaze in Hampshire home
- Hampshire benefits cheats ordered to pay up
- UPDATE: Missing man found safe and well
- Car destroyed in fire at Hampshire car park
- Elderly cyclist killed when woman 'drove straight into him' at Hampshire crossroads - court told