A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Ice crisis for supermarkets due to charity challenge
- £5,000 to help Lockswood Bowling Club rebuild its pavilion
- Public are invited to Hampshire hospitals roadshow
- Major drugs crackdown launched against gangs
- Firefighters tackle house blaze
- Teenager killed in head-on crash
- Maritime festival a celebration of Southampton's nautical heritage
- Teenagers including 14-year-old boy arrested after spate of criminal damage