A resident escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in his Hampshire home - thanks to his smoke alarm.
The male occupant fled his property in Branwick Close, Titchfield Park, following the blaze in the early hours of this morning, after being awoken by the detector.
Crews from Fareham and Hightown rushed to the scene at 3.45am, after the fire started in the living room of the end of terraced property.
Four breathing apparatus, one jet and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was out by 4.35am.
No one was injured in the incident.
For more stories
- Car smashes into lamp post on Hampshire road
- Charity zipwire challenge saved at the last minute
- The Hampshire hairdressers that could be crowned the best in the UK
- Arsonist lights petrol-soaked car with teen inside
- Cyclist knocked out after near miss with car
- Delays on main road as traffic lights fail
- £25m pledge to end traffic misery on key Hampshire routes
- 'Irresponsible' sofa burner criticised for starting garden fire