Gentle giant had never been allergic

John Wild.

John Wild.

First published in News

PEANUTS caused the death of a Hampshire man who suddenly developed a fatal allergy.

Southampton Coroner's Court heard how “gentle giant” John Wild died on Christmas Eve last year after he had gone to Walhampton golf course, where he had worked alongside his brother Graham.

Later that day he fell ill after eating peanuts.

When paramedics arrived, the 29-year-old, who had never suffered an allergic reaction to peanuts before, had died.

Southampton General Hospital pathologist Dr Adrian Bateman agreed with Mr Wild’s parents that it was strange he had not suffered a reaction before, despite eating peanuts all his life.

Coroner Keith Wiseman recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree