HOMEOWNERS in Southampton are the UK’s greenest according to a survey.
The study which was commissioned by Planitherm Glass revealed that more than three quarters of Southampton residents (just under 80 per cent) are consciously looking to save energy and lower bills. This is 40 per cent higher than Brighton – the second highest scoring city.
The study, which surveyed 2,000 people in Southampton, also revealed that homeowners in the city spend an average of more than £8,000 personalising their houses.
Residential market manager at Planitherm, Craig Dodsworth said: “There are many aspects that go into creating a real home and although it may feel that we all have a seemingly never-ending to do list for the things we hope to improve, homeowners in Southampton are telling us that green is the way to go.”
More environment stories
- Railway shut as woman falls on tracks
- Gridlocked traffic causing misery for motorists
- Motorist trapped in van after crash
- Gas leak causes major delays in city centre
- Three injured in crash on city bridge
- Drivers reminded to respect lollipop men and women
- Police come up with imaginative new use for tax disc holder
- Bus services facing cuts across Hampshire - but threat to ferry lifted