When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Southampton the UK's greenest city according to survey
5:00am Wednesday 6th February 2013 in News
HOMEOWNERS in Southampton are the UK’s greenest according to a survey.
The study which was commissioned by Planitherm Glass revealed that more than three quarters of Southampton residents (just under 80 per cent) are consciously looking to save energy and lower bills. This is 40 per cent higher than Brighton – the second highest scoring city.
The study, which surveyed 2,000 people in Southampton, also revealed that homeowners in the city spend an average of more than £8,000 personalising their houses.
Residential market manager at Planitherm, Craig Dodsworth said: “There are many aspects that go into creating a real home and although it may feel that we all have a seemingly never-ending to do list for the things we hope to improve, homeowners in Southampton are telling us that green is the way to go.”
More environment stories
- Petrol pump sprays fuel over driver
- £1,000 parking permit plans to be approved
- Lorry stuck under bridge
- Residents kept awake - by rattling manhole covers
- Urgent repairs to cause delays
- Medical emergency causes ferry disruption
- Motorway shut after crash
- Overturned lorries cause chaos for drivers