HOMEOWNERS in Southampton are the UK’s greenest according to a survey.
The study which was commissioned by Planitherm Glass revealed that more than three quarters of Southampton residents (just under 80 per cent) are consciously looking to save energy and lower bills. This is 40 per cent higher than Brighton – the second highest scoring city.
The study, which surveyed 2,000 people in Southampton, also revealed that homeowners in the city spend an average of more than £8,000 personalising their houses.
Residential market manager at Planitherm, Craig Dodsworth said: “There are many aspects that go into creating a real home and although it may feel that we all have a seemingly never-ending to do list for the things we hope to improve, homeowners in Southampton are telling us that green is the way to go.”
More environment stories
- Emergency roadworks close main Southampton road for six days
- Fog weather warning issued for Southampton tonight
- Boy, 8, rushed to hospital after being hit by car
- WATCH: Stunning time-lapse footage shows demolition of M3 motorway bridge
- Vehicle fire causes severe delays on Hampshire motorway
- Temperatures are set to plummet tonight - find out how cold it will be where you are
- Police investigate after 85-year-old woman dies in crash
- Two dead in horror crash on Hampshire road