When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Southampton the UK's greenest city according to survey
5:00am Wednesday 6th February 2013 in News
HOMEOWNERS in Southampton are the UK’s greenest according to a survey.
The study which was commissioned by Planitherm Glass revealed that more than three quarters of Southampton residents (just under 80 per cent) are consciously looking to save energy and lower bills. This is 40 per cent higher than Brighton – the second highest scoring city.
The study, which surveyed 2,000 people in Southampton, also revealed that homeowners in the city spend an average of more than £8,000 personalising their houses.
Residential market manager at Planitherm, Craig Dodsworth said: “There are many aspects that go into creating a real home and although it may feel that we all have a seemingly never-ending to do list for the things we hope to improve, homeowners in Southampton are telling us that green is the way to go.”
More environment stories
- 'Wheelie' biker died after 78mph crash
- Rail delays for passengers due to engineering work
- Roadworks expected to cause delays on motorways
- Delays after crash on major road
- Residents' speed curb call
- Policeman saves woman from drowning
- Bus service saved by ferry firm
- Hampshire road to be one of the nation's busiest this Easter
Comments are closed on this article.