When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Southampton the UK's greenest city according to survey
5:00am Wednesday 6th February 2013 in News
HOMEOWNERS in Southampton are the UK’s greenest according to a survey.
The study which was commissioned by Planitherm Glass revealed that more than three quarters of Southampton residents (just under 80 per cent) are consciously looking to save energy and lower bills. This is 40 per cent higher than Brighton – the second highest scoring city.
The study, which surveyed 2,000 people in Southampton, also revealed that homeowners in the city spend an average of more than £8,000 personalising their houses.
Residential market manager at Planitherm, Craig Dodsworth said: “There are many aspects that go into creating a real home and although it may feel that we all have a seemingly never-ending to do list for the things we hope to improve, homeowners in Southampton are telling us that green is the way to go.”
More environment stories
- Bus revolt called off after new owners take over
- Buyer comes forward to save bus company
- City airport put up for sale
- Motorists set for gas works delays
- Major rush hour delays after motorway crash
- Horse escapes harm after road crash
- Cricket fans hit by road delays
- Summer getaway begins as travellers are warned about possible delays
Comments are closed on this article.