Worker exposed to fatal asbestos

First published in News

A PIPEFITTER was showered with asbestos dust while he worked at a steel plant, an inquest was told.

Graham Hall was employed by British Steel as an apprentice in Rotherham. During his time at the plant he was exposed to asbestos as he removed it from pipes. Before his death he wrote a statement describing how the material was “literally falling” on him.

The 64-year old of Little Lances Hill, Southampton, died in January after being diagnosed with mesothelioma, a cancer linked to exposure to asbestos.

Southampton coroner Keith Wiseman recorded a verdict of death by industrial disease.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree