Up to 90 police were involved in a mjaor drugs crackdown s in Hampshire today.
Eight people have been arrested by police during the second phase of Operation Raft.
Police said were involved in the planning, execution and handling of prisoners for four warrants at properties across Portsmouth this morning.
Officers searched the properties as part of a crack down on serious acquisitive crime in the city such as robbery, house burglary and vehicle crime.
Six men aged 20, 22, 28, 30, 31 and 40 and two women aged 21 and 29, all from Portsmouth, have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to steal.
They are currently being questioned by police.
This follows last week’s arrests on suspicion of supplying Class A drugs which saw six people pleading guilty at Portsmouth Magistrates Court on Wednesday, February 6.
Chief Inspector Darren O’Callaghan, who is leading Operation Raft, said: “Operation Raft is targeting those responsible for serious acquisitive crime and the supply of illegal drugs in Portsmouth.
“Crime is down by 16% in Portsmouth so far this year and today’s arrests demonstrate our commitment and determination to achieve a further reduction in crime and to ensure that the area is a safe place to live and work.
“We want to ensure that law-abiding members of the community do not have their lives blighted by the crime and anti-social behaviour often associated with the use of drugs.
“Officers from the Safer Neighbourhood teams have visited the communities affected by this operation to provide reassurance and to distribute leaflets to those concerned which describe what has taken place.”
If you are concerned about criminal activity in your neighbourhood you can call the police in confidence on 101 or 999 if a crime is in progress.
If you don’t want to speak to the police directly you can also call the anonymous Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111 which will pass on the information.