When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Smoke alarm saved lives of Hampshire mobile home couple
A SMOKE alarm is being credited with saving the lives of a couple as fire engulfed their mobile home.
The pair escaped as flames took hold, thanks to an alarm fitted by Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service which went off in the night.
Fire crews rushed to the scene in Knightcrest Park, in the New Forest village of Everton, and used hose reels and breathing apparatus to battle the blaze.
Investigators believe the fire, on Friday at 11.50pm, may have started in a dishwasher in the kitchen of the single-storey mobile home.
A Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The smoke alarm, which had been fitted by Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service, gave the occupiers a very early warning about the fire and gave them time to escape their home before it escalated.”