When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Hampshire man suffered severe burns after falling into electric fire
10:12am Thursday 7th March 2013 in News
A HAMPSHIRE man suffered serious burns after falling into his electric fire.
The accident happened at the 69-year-old's home in Sussex Street, Winchester, at around 9pm last night.
He suffered severe burns to his back and side and was taken to Royal Hampshire County Hospital by Hampshire Fire and Rescue.
Watch manager Chris Roper said: “The fire was switched off and both the fire and ambulance service were called.
"But due to a shortage of ambulances we took him to Winchester hospital.”