When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Cinema evacuated as alarm goes off
2:59pm Thursday 21st March 2013 in News
CINEMA-goers had to be evacuated after a fire alarm went off.
Vue in Eastleigh's Swan Centre entertainment complex had to be emptied when the alarm sounded at around 10.20pm.
Fire crews from Eastleigh rushed to the scene but discovered that it was a false alarm.
A Vue spokesperson said: “In this case, we can confirm that a fault led to a false fire alarm at the cinema. All customers and staff were evacuated from the building as a safety precaution.
“Customers in affected screens were given complimentary tickets for the inconvenience caused.
“We are pleased to confirm that this temporary malfunction has been rectified and that Vue Eastleigh is once again operating as normal.”