When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
7:00am Friday 22nd March 2013 in News
A COMBINATION of smoking and previous exposure to asbestos caused the death of a Southampton man, an inquest heard.
Terence Murdoch, a retired engineer, was a life-long smoker and had been employed at Fawley Power Station for 34 years.
The 69-year-old, of Bishops Road, Itchen, died at Countess Mountbatten Hospice in October 2012.
A verdict of death due to industrial disease and cigarette smoking was recorded.