THE families and colleagues of a Hampshire ambulance driver killed in a road crash have paid tribute to her.

Gill Randall, 42, died when the ambulance she was driving left the A337 in the New Forest and collided with a tree last Friday.

She was pronounced dead at the scene. The patient she was taking to hospital, Francis Ironside, was also killed in the crash.

His son, Hordle Parish Council chairman David Ironside, and another South Central Ambulance Service staff member suffered serious injuries.

Greg Randall, Gill's son, said: 'My mum was everything: a friend, a listener, a healer and a carer. Such a wonderful, strong person who saw the best in everyone. She was always there to help, love and support. My mum was everything to me and more.”

Gill's partner, Steven Tough, added: “Gill, you were my partner, my friend and my lover. You will always be in my heart, my thoughts and in my memories. I love you Gill. Sleep tight and rest in peace.”

Gill's parents, the Rev Michael White and the Rev Doreen White remembered their daughter, saying: “Gill was our beloved daughter who brought much joy and happiness into our lives. We will miss her terribly as will the rest of our family.”

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust has started a book of condolence on line at for staff and members of the public wishing to pay tribute to Gill.

A spokesman said: “Her loss has been a tremendous shock to all at South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust, of which she was a dedicated, enthusiastic and valued member of staff.

“She will be missed terribly by all those who worked with her and she will always be remembered for her warmth, her compassionate and unfathomable unkindness and for her sense of fun and genuine desire to care for others.”

Gill, of Newlands Copse, Blackfield, was driving north towards Lyndhurst when she was tragically killed.

A 25-year-old Brockenhurst man driving a Seat Alhambra, which was involved in the accident, was arrested on suspicion of driving without due care and attention and bailed until July 29.