Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge names cruise ship Royal Princess in Southampton

Royal Princess named by Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge

Royal Princess named by Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge

First published in News
Last updated

THE eyes of the world were on Southampton today as the Duchess of Cambridge carried out her last solo engagement in the city before her baby is born.

Launching the Royal Princess liner Kate, who is around eight months pregnant, looked relaxed as she stepped from her chauffeur-driven vehicle to the quayside in the Port of Southampton.

She is due to give birth by mid-July and made the journey from London by helicopter for the naming ceremony of Princess Cruises' 3,600-passenger vessel Royal Princess.

A musical extravaganza was staged ahead of the christening of the new vessel by the Duchess and blue carpet, not the customary red, was laid out for her arrival.

Dressed in a black and white animal print dress and black hat, the Duchess took her place on a stage in blustery conditions that threatened rain and seated opposite in a large grandstand were guests associated with charities that have the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge or Prince Harry as their patrons.

Daily Echo:

Entertainment included performances from The Band of her Majesty's Royal Marines Portsmouth, accompanied by the Pipers of the 1st Battalion Irish Guards along with pop singer Natasha Bedingfield, who sang her hit Unwritten.

Alan Buckelew, president and chief executive officer of Princess Cruises, gave a speech praising the Duchess for taking part in the naming ceremony.

He said: ''This is, indeed, a very proud day for all of us at Princess Cruises, because it marks the culmination of several years of designing, building and delivering this spectacular ship.

''And we're delighted to name our new ship in Southampton, because our company's ties to Britain are strong.

''To welcome Royal Princess into our fleet, we're incredibly honoured that HRH the Duchess of Cambridge will officially name the ship today, marking the start of its many journeys through the world's oceans and to fascinating shores.

''We can think of no more fitting godmother for our magnificent new ship. Her Royal Highness is an inspiring ambassador for Britain, and she is admired around the world for her style and grace, and for her compassion for others.''

The Right Rev Tim Dakin, Bishop of Winchester, blessed the ship, delivering a prayer before Kate cut the rope which sent the bottle of champagne bottle crashing into the side of the hull, to a large cheer.

The Royal Princess embarks on its maiden cruise to the Mediterranean on Sunday and will sail those waters throughout the summer until it begins a series of eastern Caribbean cruises in the autumn.

Features of the new ship include a top deck, glass-bottomed walkway extending 28ft (8.5m) beyond the edge of the ship, the largest pastry shop at sea and balconies on all outside staterooms.

The vessel is 141,000 tons, has 19 decks and can carry passengers at a speed of 22 knots.

Daily Echo:

Comments (34)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:02pm Thu 13 Jun 13

St Retford says...

She looks absolutely radiant. Does anyone know where her dress is from?
She looks absolutely radiant. Does anyone know where her dress is from? St Retford
  • Score: 0

2:03pm Thu 13 Jun 13

little miss chatterbox says...

wow, she looks amazing!! I wish I could look that good being 8 months pregnant lol.
wow, she looks amazing!! I wish I could look that good being 8 months pregnant lol. little miss chatterbox
  • Score: 0

2:05pm Thu 13 Jun 13

little miss chatterbox says...

St Retford wrote:
She looks absolutely radiant. Does anyone know where her dress is from?
probably Harrods lol
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: She looks absolutely radiant. Does anyone know where her dress is from?[/p][/quote]probably Harrods lol little miss chatterbox
  • Score: 0

2:13pm Thu 13 Jun 13

TheBestEcho says...

Lidl are dishing out pretty decent dresses.
Lidl are dishing out pretty decent dresses. TheBestEcho
  • Score: 0

2:19pm Thu 13 Jun 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

St Retford wrote:
She looks absolutely radiant. Does anyone know where her dress is from?
Quote: "The Duchess has today opted for a High Street outfit wearing a printed Hobbs coat covering the royal bump2.
Check out the live thread, the details are on there.
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: She looks absolutely radiant. Does anyone know where her dress is from?[/p][/quote]Quote: "The Duchess has today opted for a High Street outfit wearing a printed Hobbs coat covering the royal bump2. Check out the live thread, the details are on there. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

2:20pm Thu 13 Jun 13

St Retford says...

TheBestEcho wrote:
Lidl are dishing out pretty decent dresses.
Do you know, Kate is blessed with such a wonderful common touch that I wouldn't put it past her to shop in a normal shop and still make it look the epitome of stylish sophistication! She makes me feel so very, very proud.
[quote][p][bold]TheBestEcho[/bold] wrote: Lidl are dishing out pretty decent dresses.[/p][/quote]Do you know, Kate is blessed with such a wonderful common touch that I wouldn't put it past her to shop in a normal shop and still make it look the epitome of stylish sophistication! She makes me feel so very, very proud. St Retford
  • Score: 0

2:22pm Thu 13 Jun 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

St Retford wrote:
TheBestEcho wrote:
Lidl are dishing out pretty decent dresses.
Do you know, Kate is blessed with such a wonderful common touch that I wouldn't put it past her to shop in a normal shop and still make it look the epitome of stylish sophistication! She makes me feel so very, very proud.
If you like it check out
http://www.hobbs.co.
uk/outlet

I am not on a Commision, just Google!
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheBestEcho[/bold] wrote: Lidl are dishing out pretty decent dresses.[/p][/quote]Do you know, Kate is blessed with such a wonderful common touch that I wouldn't put it past her to shop in a normal shop and still make it look the epitome of stylish sophistication! She makes me feel so very, very proud.[/p][/quote]If you like it check out http://www.hobbs.co. uk/outlet I am not on a Commision, just Google! OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

2:23pm Thu 13 Jun 13

St Retford says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
St Retford wrote:
She looks absolutely radiant. Does anyone know where her dress is from?
Quote: "The Duchess has today opted for a High Street outfit wearing a printed Hobbs coat covering the royal bump2.
Check out the live thread, the details are on there.
I told you! She shops on the High Street just like we do. Isn't she wonderful?

(Well, we mainly shop in out-of-town retail warehouse schemes with handy access to the motorway, but if we wanted to shop in the High Street we could.)
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: She looks absolutely radiant. Does anyone know where her dress is from?[/p][/quote]Quote: "The Duchess has today opted for a High Street outfit wearing a printed Hobbs coat covering the royal bump2. Check out the live thread, the details are on there.[/p][/quote]I told you! She shops on the High Street just like we do. Isn't she wonderful? (Well, we mainly shop in out-of-town retail warehouse schemes with handy access to the motorway, but if we wanted to shop in the High Street we could.) St Retford
  • Score: 0

2:41pm Thu 13 Jun 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

Oh well it's from Berth to Birth for her now, good luck to her.
Oh well it's from Berth to Birth for her now, good luck to her. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

2:50pm Thu 13 Jun 13

TheBestEcho says...

Very true is she an old commoner, see her down the skate ramps all the time.
Very true is she an old commoner, see her down the skate ramps all the time. TheBestEcho
  • Score: 0

3:01pm Thu 13 Jun 13

espanuel says...

I would rather watch and her husband than Big ears and the Bull dog, cant stand the couple. He was still dipping a week before he got married.
I would rather watch and her husband than Big ears and the Bull dog, cant stand the couple. He was still dipping a week before he got married. espanuel
  • Score: 0

3:06pm Thu 13 Jun 13

Dasal says...

little miss chatterbox wrote:
wow, she looks amazing!! I wish I could look that good being 8 months pregnant lol.
Given her circumstances, you probably could !!
[quote][p][bold]little miss chatterbox[/bold] wrote: wow, she looks amazing!! I wish I could look that good being 8 months pregnant lol.[/p][/quote]Given her circumstances, you probably could !! Dasal
  • Score: 0

3:06pm Thu 13 Jun 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

TheBestEcho wrote:
Very true is she an old commoner, see her down the skate ramps all the time.
Don't think she has been to Pompey, and I doubt she would be rolling wheels in he present condition do you?
[quote][p][bold]TheBestEcho[/bold] wrote: Very true is she an old commoner, see her down the skate ramps all the time.[/p][/quote]Don't think she has been to Pompey, and I doubt she would be rolling wheels in he present condition do you? OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

3:23pm Thu 13 Jun 13

St Retford says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Oh well it's from Berth to Birth for her now, good luck to her.
I can't wait until the happy day of the birth. There's going to be wall to wall blanket coverage of how wonderfully radiant Kate is and how proud Prince William is. Just think: for an entire week the newspapers will feature nothing other than pictures of our wonderful Royal Family and the whole country will be awash with bunting and street parties and coronation chicken and all of us will feel so terribly, terribly proud of brave Kate.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: Oh well it's from Berth to Birth for her now, good luck to her.[/p][/quote]I can't wait until the happy day of the birth. There's going to be wall to wall blanket coverage of how wonderfully radiant Kate is and how proud Prince William is. Just think: for an entire week the newspapers will feature nothing other than pictures of our wonderful Royal Family and the whole country will be awash with bunting and street parties and coronation chicken and all of us will feel so terribly, terribly proud of brave Kate. St Retford
  • Score: 0

4:13pm Thu 13 Jun 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

St Retford wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Oh well it's from Berth to Birth for her now, good luck to her.
I can't wait until the happy day of the birth. There's going to be wall to wall blanket coverage of how wonderfully radiant Kate is and how proud Prince William is. Just think: for an entire week the newspapers will feature nothing other than pictures of our wonderful Royal Family and the whole country will be awash with bunting and street parties and coronation chicken and all of us will feel so terribly, terribly proud of brave Kate.
.. and the grumpy Republicans will be on here like a rash, spreading their brand of misery and negativity, God bless 'em.
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: Oh well it's from Berth to Birth for her now, good luck to her.[/p][/quote]I can't wait until the happy day of the birth. There's going to be wall to wall blanket coverage of how wonderfully radiant Kate is and how proud Prince William is. Just think: for an entire week the newspapers will feature nothing other than pictures of our wonderful Royal Family and the whole country will be awash with bunting and street parties and coronation chicken and all of us will feel so terribly, terribly proud of brave Kate.[/p][/quote].. and the grumpy Republicans will be on here like a rash, spreading their brand of misery and negativity, God bless 'em. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

4:17pm Thu 13 Jun 13

St Retford says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
St Retford wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Oh well it's from Berth to Birth for her now, good luck to her.
I can't wait until the happy day of the birth. There's going to be wall to wall blanket coverage of how wonderfully radiant Kate is and how proud Prince William is. Just think: for an entire week the newspapers will feature nothing other than pictures of our wonderful Royal Family and the whole country will be awash with bunting and street parties and coronation chicken and all of us will feel so terribly, terribly proud of brave Kate.
.. and the grumpy Republicans will be on here like a rash, spreading their brand of misery and negativity, God bless 'em.
I know! Why can't everybody just do what the media tells them and rejoice at how graceful Kate is? Especially when it's tied in with an extremely lucrative advertising tie up with Princess Cruises which in no way threatens the editorial integrity of how this occasion has been covered by the paper.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: Oh well it's from Berth to Birth for her now, good luck to her.[/p][/quote]I can't wait until the happy day of the birth. There's going to be wall to wall blanket coverage of how wonderfully radiant Kate is and how proud Prince William is. Just think: for an entire week the newspapers will feature nothing other than pictures of our wonderful Royal Family and the whole country will be awash with bunting and street parties and coronation chicken and all of us will feel so terribly, terribly proud of brave Kate.[/p][/quote].. and the grumpy Republicans will be on here like a rash, spreading their brand of misery and negativity, God bless 'em.[/p][/quote]I know! Why can't everybody just do what the media tells them and rejoice at how graceful Kate is? Especially when it's tied in with an extremely lucrative advertising tie up with Princess Cruises which in no way threatens the editorial integrity of how this occasion has been covered by the paper. St Retford
  • Score: 0

4:23pm Thu 13 Jun 13

TheBestEcho says...

You mean Portsmouth and her#
You mean Portsmouth and her# TheBestEcho
  • Score: 0

4:29pm Thu 13 Jun 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

TheBestEcho wrote:
You mean Portsmouth and her#
That's right, trouble with my r's.
[quote][p][bold]TheBestEcho[/bold] wrote: You mean Portsmouth and her#[/p][/quote]That's right, trouble with my r's. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

5:01pm Thu 13 Jun 13

What garbage says...

Yawn
Yawn What garbage
  • Score: 0

5:24pm Thu 13 Jun 13

sparkster says...

well said espanuel i would sooner have Kate and William any day, as for me you can keep Charles and Camilla
well said espanuel i would sooner have Kate and William any day, as for me you can keep Charles and Camilla sparkster
  • Score: 0

6:43pm Thu 13 Jun 13

MegGriffin says...

St Retford wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Oh well it's from Berth to Birth for her now, good luck to her.
I can't wait until the happy day of the birth. There's going to be wall to wall blanket coverage of how wonderfully radiant Kate is and how proud Prince William is. Just think: for an entire week the newspapers will feature nothing other than pictures of our wonderful Royal Family and the whole country will be awash with bunting and street parties and coronation chicken and all of us will feel so terribly, terribly proud of brave Kate.
Brave?
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: Oh well it's from Berth to Birth for her now, good luck to her.[/p][/quote]I can't wait until the happy day of the birth. There's going to be wall to wall blanket coverage of how wonderfully radiant Kate is and how proud Prince William is. Just think: for an entire week the newspapers will feature nothing other than pictures of our wonderful Royal Family and the whole country will be awash with bunting and street parties and coronation chicken and all of us will feel so terribly, terribly proud of brave Kate.[/p][/quote]Brave? MegGriffin
  • Score: 0

8:27pm Thu 13 Jun 13

froots says...

Do not feed the trolls.
Do not feed the trolls. froots
  • Score: 0

8:49pm Thu 13 Jun 13

St Retford says...

froots wrote:
Do not feed the trolls.
Trolling? How very dare you! That was but a parody of the fawning sycophancy that colours all media coverage of the Royal Family circa 2013. The Echo is no worse than the BBC but it's all embarrassingly infantile; like three-year-old girls gushing about princesses and ponies and castles.

THEY started it.
[quote][p][bold]froots[/bold] wrote: Do not feed the trolls.[/p][/quote]Trolling? How very dare you! That was but a parody of the fawning sycophancy that colours all media coverage of the Royal Family circa 2013. The Echo is no worse than the BBC but it's all embarrassingly infantile; like three-year-old girls gushing about princesses and ponies and castles. THEY started it. St Retford
  • Score: 0

9:00pm Thu 13 Jun 13

St Retford says...

sparkster wrote:
well said espanuel i would sooner have Kate and William any day, as for me you can keep Charles and Camilla
I think it's sort of the entire point with a monarchy that the choice of our head of state has nothing to do with what the public actually wants. One dies and the next in line takes over because (and here's the crazy bit) the royal bloodline is decreed by god and modern concepts like 'democracy' have absolutely no part to play in it.

Personally, I can't wait for King Charles. It's going to show up the flaws in this hopelessly outdated system quite brilliantly.
[quote][p][bold]sparkster[/bold] wrote: well said espanuel i would sooner have Kate and William any day, as for me you can keep Charles and Camilla[/p][/quote]I think it's sort of the entire point with a monarchy that the choice of our head of state has nothing to do with what the public actually wants. One dies and the next in line takes over because (and here's the crazy bit) the royal bloodline is decreed by god and modern concepts like 'democracy' have absolutely no part to play in it. Personally, I can't wait for King Charles. It's going to show up the flaws in this hopelessly outdated system quite brilliantly. St Retford
  • Score: 0

9:06pm Thu 13 Jun 13

Pettle says...

And as the Duchess, with the rest of the BRITISH Nation celebrates yet another British engineering acheivement, which the Briton from everywhere in Britain can be proud of and helps keep the British Nation united with pride, as the British Government, with it's vision in re-balancing the economy with building the MARs Ships in Britain, has now seen this great ship being built where it should be built, in Great Britain! All the music and fanfare, is total ****, it's all a lie. Tonight, the evil bbc will host a debate in which ignorant 16-17 year olds (yes they ignorant, as I was too, before any tw*t thinks otherwise) in Edinburgh, will debate the future of my Country, and no doubt think breaking up our Country is a good idea (that will be the conclusion)). This will we dumbed down to just Scotland leaving the UK. That's the only thing of note from Britain today. While all this **** happen down here, when that ship, as all the others, should of been built in this Country, in a modern shipyard this country needs and deserves!

This is humiliation and eu bull, with UK Government siding with them. liblabconsnp is a disease.
And as the Duchess, with the rest of the BRITISH Nation celebrates yet another British engineering acheivement, which the Briton from everywhere in Britain can be proud of and helps keep the British Nation united with pride, as the British Government, with it's vision in re-balancing the economy with building the MARs Ships in Britain, has now seen this great ship being built where it should be built, in Great Britain! All the music and fanfare, is total ****, it's all a lie. Tonight, the evil bbc will host a debate in which ignorant 16-17 year olds (yes they ignorant, as I was too, before any tw*t thinks otherwise) in Edinburgh, will debate the future of my Country, and no doubt think breaking up our Country is a good idea (that will be the conclusion)). This will we dumbed down to just Scotland leaving the UK. That's the only thing of note from Britain today. While all this **** happen down here, when that ship, as all the others, should of been built in this Country, in a modern shipyard this country needs and deserves! This is humiliation and eu bull, with UK Government siding with them. liblabconsnp is a disease. Pettle
  • Score: 0

9:17pm Thu 13 Jun 13

St Retford says...

Pettle wrote:
And as the Duchess, with the rest of the BRITISH Nation celebrates yet another British engineering acheivement, which the Briton from everywhere in Britain can be proud of and helps keep the British Nation united with pride, as the British Government, with it's vision in re-balancing the economy with building the MARs Ships in Britain, has now seen this great ship being built where it should be built, in Great Britain! All the music and fanfare, is total ****, it's all a lie. Tonight, the evil bbc will host a debate in which ignorant 16-17 year olds (yes they ignorant, as I was too, before any tw*t thinks otherwise) in Edinburgh, will debate the future of my Country, and no doubt think breaking up our Country is a good idea (that will be the conclusion)). This will we dumbed down to just Scotland leaving the UK. That's the only thing of note from Britain today. While all this **** happen down here, when that ship, as all the others, should of been built in this Country, in a modern shipyard this country needs and deserves!

This is humiliation and eu bull, with UK Government siding with them. liblabconsnp is a disease.
Didn't she look RADIANT though?
[quote][p][bold]Pettle[/bold] wrote: And as the Duchess, with the rest of the BRITISH Nation celebrates yet another British engineering acheivement, which the Briton from everywhere in Britain can be proud of and helps keep the British Nation united with pride, as the British Government, with it's vision in re-balancing the economy with building the MARs Ships in Britain, has now seen this great ship being built where it should be built, in Great Britain! All the music and fanfare, is total ****, it's all a lie. Tonight, the evil bbc will host a debate in which ignorant 16-17 year olds (yes they ignorant, as I was too, before any tw*t thinks otherwise) in Edinburgh, will debate the future of my Country, and no doubt think breaking up our Country is a good idea (that will be the conclusion)). This will we dumbed down to just Scotland leaving the UK. That's the only thing of note from Britain today. While all this **** happen down here, when that ship, as all the others, should of been built in this Country, in a modern shipyard this country needs and deserves! This is humiliation and eu bull, with UK Government siding with them. liblabconsnp is a disease.[/p][/quote]Didn't she look RADIANT though? St Retford
  • Score: 0

10:23pm Thu 13 Jun 13

The Phantomerer says...

In my day women weren't allowed on board ship on account of them bringing bad luck, however, improvements in safety standards mean that this is no longer the case. I'm all for equality so I think this is for the best. I say three cheers for Queen Kate and good luck to all who sail in her!
In my day women weren't allowed on board ship on account of them bringing bad luck, however, improvements in safety standards mean that this is no longer the case. I'm all for equality so I think this is for the best. I say three cheers for Queen Kate and good luck to all who sail in her! The Phantomerer
  • Score: 0

10:49pm Thu 13 Jun 13

freemantlegirl2 says...

St Retford wrote:
froots wrote:
Do not feed the trolls.
Trolling? How very dare you! That was but a parody of the fawning sycophancy that colours all media coverage of the Royal Family circa 2013. The Echo is no worse than the BBC but it's all embarrassingly infantile; like three-year-old girls gushing about princesses and ponies and castles.

THEY started it.
Couldn't agree more St R!

She's named a ship people, not ended all Wars or ended Starvation in the Third World!! and applauding her for shopping in Hobbs! really? get a grip!!

And Princess Cruises do you really have to wait until half ten at night to let off bloody noisy fireworks that not only have woken MY two children up but also set the dog off into a frenzy.

This is great for the Port of Southampton (I don't have to be sycophantic about some so-called pregnant princess to realise that!) an amazing feat of engineering and I'm sure quite spectacular inside (looks a bit like a floating block of flats to me tho) but do you really have to have fireworks at this time of night?! and such noisy ones? Or at least have the courtesy to warn people(and have them earlier) and for those who'd like to enjoy them would have a bit of notice too.
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]froots[/bold] wrote: Do not feed the trolls.[/p][/quote]Trolling? How very dare you! That was but a parody of the fawning sycophancy that colours all media coverage of the Royal Family circa 2013. The Echo is no worse than the BBC but it's all embarrassingly infantile; like three-year-old girls gushing about princesses and ponies and castles. THEY started it.[/p][/quote]Couldn't agree more St R! She's named a ship people, not ended all Wars or ended Starvation in the Third World!! and applauding her for shopping in Hobbs! really? get a grip!! And Princess Cruises do you really have to wait until half ten at night to let off bloody noisy fireworks that not only have woken MY two children up but also set the dog off into a frenzy. This is great for the Port of Southampton (I don't have to be sycophantic about some so-called pregnant princess to realise that!) an amazing feat of engineering and I'm sure quite spectacular inside (looks a bit like a floating block of flats to me tho) but do you really have to have fireworks at this time of night?! and such noisy ones? Or at least have the courtesy to warn people(and have them earlier) and for those who'd like to enjoy them would have a bit of notice too. freemantlegirl2
  • Score: 0

8:25am Fri 14 Jun 13

OSPREYSAINT says...

Pettle wrote:
And as the Duchess, with the rest of the BRITISH Nation celebrates yet another British engineering acheivement, which the Briton from everywhere in Britain can be proud of and helps keep the British Nation united with pride, as the British Government, with it's vision in re-balancing the economy with building the MARs Ships in Britain, has now seen this great ship being built where it should be built, in Great Britain! All the music and fanfare, is total ****, it's all a lie. Tonight, the evil bbc will host a debate in which ignorant 16-17 year olds (yes they ignorant, as I was too, before any tw*t thinks otherwise) in Edinburgh, will debate the future of my Country, and no doubt think breaking up our Country is a good idea (that will be the conclusion)). This will we dumbed down to just Scotland leaving the UK. That's the only thing of note from Britain today. While all this **** happen down here, when that ship, as all the others, should of been built in this Country, in a modern shipyard this country needs and deserves!

This is humiliation and eu bull, with UK Government siding with them. liblabconsnp is a disease.
Well OK Doc. you have identified the disease, what in your opinion is the cure? What is your role in helping people to improve our down trodden, hapless, soon to be another 'Third World' Country, We need a leader to head the Revolution, a Dictator who will do it for the people, not for their own personal gain, anybody know one?
[quote][p][bold]Pettle[/bold] wrote: And as the Duchess, with the rest of the BRITISH Nation celebrates yet another British engineering acheivement, which the Briton from everywhere in Britain can be proud of and helps keep the British Nation united with pride, as the British Government, with it's vision in re-balancing the economy with building the MARs Ships in Britain, has now seen this great ship being built where it should be built, in Great Britain! All the music and fanfare, is total ****, it's all a lie. Tonight, the evil bbc will host a debate in which ignorant 16-17 year olds (yes they ignorant, as I was too, before any tw*t thinks otherwise) in Edinburgh, will debate the future of my Country, and no doubt think breaking up our Country is a good idea (that will be the conclusion)). This will we dumbed down to just Scotland leaving the UK. That's the only thing of note from Britain today. While all this **** happen down here, when that ship, as all the others, should of been built in this Country, in a modern shipyard this country needs and deserves! This is humiliation and eu bull, with UK Government siding with them. liblabconsnp is a disease.[/p][/quote]Well OK Doc. you have identified the disease, what in your opinion is the cure? What is your role in helping people to improve our down trodden, hapless, soon to be another 'Third World' Country, We need a leader to head the Revolution, a Dictator who will do it for the people, not for their own personal gain, anybody know one? OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

2:27pm Fri 14 Jun 13

kingnotail says...

St Retford wrote:
sparkster wrote:
well said espanuel i would sooner have Kate and William any day, as for me you can keep Charles and Camilla
I think it's sort of the entire point with a monarchy that the choice of our head of state has nothing to do with what the public actually wants. One dies and the next in line takes over because (and here's the crazy bit) the royal bloodline is decreed by god and modern concepts like 'democracy' have absolutely no part to play in it.

Personally, I can't wait for King Charles. It's going to show up the flaws in this hopelessly outdated system quite brilliantly.
We'd be better off with a King Charles Spaniel as head of state.
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sparkster[/bold] wrote: well said espanuel i would sooner have Kate and William any day, as for me you can keep Charles and Camilla[/p][/quote]I think it's sort of the entire point with a monarchy that the choice of our head of state has nothing to do with what the public actually wants. One dies and the next in line takes over because (and here's the crazy bit) the royal bloodline is decreed by god and modern concepts like 'democracy' have absolutely no part to play in it. Personally, I can't wait for King Charles. It's going to show up the flaws in this hopelessly outdated system quite brilliantly.[/p][/quote]We'd be better off with a King Charles Spaniel as head of state. kingnotail
  • Score: 0

7:06pm Sat 15 Jun 13

Pettle says...

St Retford wrote:
Pettle wrote:
And as the Duchess, with the rest of the BRITISH Nation celebrates yet another British engineering acheivement, which the Briton from everywhere in Britain can be proud of and helps keep the British Nation united with pride, as the British Government, with it's vision in re-balancing the economy with building the MARs Ships in Britain, has now seen this great ship being built where it should be built, in Great Britain! All the music and fanfare, is total ****, it's all a lie. Tonight, the evil bbc will host a debate in which ignorant 16-17 year olds (yes they ignorant, as I was too, before any tw*t thinks otherwise) in Edinburgh, will debate the future of my Country, and no doubt think breaking up our Country is a good idea (that will be the conclusion)). This will we dumbed down to just Scotland leaving the UK. That's the only thing of note from Britain today. While all this **** happen down here, when that ship, as all the others, should of been built in this Country, in a modern shipyard this country needs and deserves!

This is humiliation and eu bull, with UK Government siding with them. liblabconsnp is a disease.
Didn't she look RADIANT though?
She looked very nice.
[quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pettle[/bold] wrote: And as the Duchess, with the rest of the BRITISH Nation celebrates yet another British engineering acheivement, which the Briton from everywhere in Britain can be proud of and helps keep the British Nation united with pride, as the British Government, with it's vision in re-balancing the economy with building the MARs Ships in Britain, has now seen this great ship being built where it should be built, in Great Britain! All the music and fanfare, is total ****, it's all a lie. Tonight, the evil bbc will host a debate in which ignorant 16-17 year olds (yes they ignorant, as I was too, before any tw*t thinks otherwise) in Edinburgh, will debate the future of my Country, and no doubt think breaking up our Country is a good idea (that will be the conclusion)). This will we dumbed down to just Scotland leaving the UK. That's the only thing of note from Britain today. While all this **** happen down here, when that ship, as all the others, should of been built in this Country, in a modern shipyard this country needs and deserves! This is humiliation and eu bull, with UK Government siding with them. liblabconsnp is a disease.[/p][/quote]Didn't she look RADIANT though?[/p][/quote]She looked very nice. Pettle
  • Score: 0

7:10pm Sat 15 Jun 13

Pettle says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Pettle wrote:
And as the Duchess, with the rest of the BRITISH Nation celebrates yet another British engineering acheivement, which the Briton from everywhere in Britain can be proud of and helps keep the British Nation united with pride, as the British Government, with it's vision in re-balancing the economy with building the MARs Ships in Britain, has now seen this great ship being built where it should be built, in Great Britain! All the music and fanfare, is total ****, it's all a lie. Tonight, the evil bbc will host a debate in which ignorant 16-17 year olds (yes they ignorant, as I was too, before any tw*t thinks otherwise) in Edinburgh, will debate the future of my Country, and no doubt think breaking up our Country is a good idea (that will be the conclusion)). This will we dumbed down to just Scotland leaving the UK. That's the only thing of note from Britain today. While all this **** happen down here, when that ship, as all the others, should of been built in this Country, in a modern shipyard this country needs and deserves!

This is humiliation and eu bull, with UK Government siding with them. liblabconsnp is a disease.
Well OK Doc. you have identified the disease, what in your opinion is the cure? What is your role in helping people to improve our down trodden, hapless, soon to be another 'Third World' Country, We need a leader to head the Revolution, a Dictator who will do it for the people, not for their own personal gain, anybody know one?
Well, I think you know the answer. I just wanted design and build great ships in this Country. The powers that be don't want that though. It became obvious with the qm2 contract and prescott. There are many complex ships we can and should be building too, but it is not happening.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pettle[/bold] wrote: And as the Duchess, with the rest of the BRITISH Nation celebrates yet another British engineering acheivement, which the Briton from everywhere in Britain can be proud of and helps keep the British Nation united with pride, as the British Government, with it's vision in re-balancing the economy with building the MARs Ships in Britain, has now seen this great ship being built where it should be built, in Great Britain! All the music and fanfare, is total ****, it's all a lie. Tonight, the evil bbc will host a debate in which ignorant 16-17 year olds (yes they ignorant, as I was too, before any tw*t thinks otherwise) in Edinburgh, will debate the future of my Country, and no doubt think breaking up our Country is a good idea (that will be the conclusion)). This will we dumbed down to just Scotland leaving the UK. That's the only thing of note from Britain today. While all this **** happen down here, when that ship, as all the others, should of been built in this Country, in a modern shipyard this country needs and deserves! This is humiliation and eu bull, with UK Government siding with them. liblabconsnp is a disease.[/p][/quote]Well OK Doc. you have identified the disease, what in your opinion is the cure? What is your role in helping people to improve our down trodden, hapless, soon to be another 'Third World' Country, We need a leader to head the Revolution, a Dictator who will do it for the people, not for their own personal gain, anybody know one?[/p][/quote]Well, I think you know the answer. I just wanted design and build great ships in this Country. The powers that be don't want that though. It became obvious with the qm2 contract and prescott. There are many complex ships we can and should be building too, but it is not happening. Pettle
  • Score: 0

5:10pm Sun 16 Jun 13

Pettle says...

To design
To design Pettle
  • Score: 0

5:25pm Sun 16 Jun 13

Pettle says...

kingnotail wrote:
St Retford wrote:
sparkster wrote:
well said espanuel i would sooner have Kate and William any day, as for me you can keep Charles and Camilla
I think it's sort of the entire point with a monarchy that the choice of our head of state has nothing to do with what the public actually wants. One dies and the next in line takes over because (and here's the crazy bit) the royal bloodline is decreed by god and modern concepts like 'democracy' have absolutely no part to play in it.

Personally, I can't wait for King Charles. It's going to show up the flaws in this hopelessly outdated system quite brilliantly.
We'd be better off with a King Charles Spaniel as head of state.
My friend, we have no democracy because of the eu, do you not undestand this, this is a nightmare that we are in. The last Monarch with power that he would use, and to Britain, and the rest of the Empire's benefit was KGV, and to a lesser degree KGVI. In fact, the British Empire is very democratic compared to this evil despot eu thing we have got ourselves into. Huge loss of power (we are sovereign, but not independent, unlike the Dominions that, including India and the Rhodesias, Canada etc.. that were very independent, but not sovereign), huge revenue lost, huge deficit to eu, 160 billion plus for direct and indirect costs with a possible financial transaction tax where most of this comes from the UK (because this sector is far bigger than say France or Germany, who incidently would love to take this away (as in our Union, soul, culture, steel shipbuilding, race car manufacturing and lead). This eu is killing us, and one great example where we have lost out, is in these cruising ships built over there! In Europe, and not Britain, that is.
[quote][p][bold]kingnotail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]St Retford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sparkster[/bold] wrote: well said espanuel i would sooner have Kate and William any day, as for me you can keep Charles and Camilla[/p][/quote]I think it's sort of the entire point with a monarchy that the choice of our head of state has nothing to do with what the public actually wants. One dies and the next in line takes over because (and here's the crazy bit) the royal bloodline is decreed by god and modern concepts like 'democracy' have absolutely no part to play in it. Personally, I can't wait for King Charles. It's going to show up the flaws in this hopelessly outdated system quite brilliantly.[/p][/quote]We'd be better off with a King Charles Spaniel as head of state.[/p][/quote]My friend, we have no democracy because of the eu, do you not undestand this, this is a nightmare that we are in. The last Monarch with power that he would use, and to Britain, and the rest of the Empire's benefit was KGV, and to a lesser degree KGVI. In fact, the British Empire is very democratic compared to this evil despot eu thing we have got ourselves into. Huge loss of power (we are sovereign, but not independent, unlike the Dominions that, including India and the Rhodesias, Canada etc.. that were very independent, but not sovereign), huge revenue lost, huge deficit to eu, 160 billion plus for direct and indirect costs with a possible financial transaction tax where most of this comes from the UK (because this sector is far bigger than say France or Germany, who incidently would love to take this away (as in our Union, soul, culture, steel shipbuilding, race car manufacturing and lead). This eu is killing us, and one great example where we have lost out, is in these cruising ships built over there! In Europe, and not Britain, that is. Pettle
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree