When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Fire crews tackle Hampshire barn blaze
Updated 8:25am Wednesday 26th June 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS are clearing up the aftermath of a barn blaze at a Hampshire farm this morning.
The fire broke out shortly after 5.15am at Stroud Wood Farm off Portsmouth Road in Lower Upham when hay being stored there caught alight.
Twenty firefighters from Eastleigh, Wickham and Bishops Waltham fire stations arrived within minutes to get the flames under control and insert a fire break before helping the farmer wheel a trailer from the building.
No one was hurt but the blaze - which crews are not treating as suspicious - caused damage to part of the structure.
Firefighters will remain there for the rest of the morning making sure the smouldering hay is fully extinguished.
Comments are closed on this article.