When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Parents' tribute to 'caring son', Adam Hunt, who died after taking legal high
THE devastated parents of a teenager who died after taking a 'legal high' have today paid tribute to a “thoughtful and caring' son.
Adam Hunt, 18, from Millbrook Road East, lost his fight for life on Sunday at Southampton General Hospital where he had been critically ill in a coma since consuming the drugs AMT and etizolam last Wednesday.
Today his grieving parents, mum Bernadette and dad Darren, said his life had been cut short and told of their shock.
In a statement they said: “Adam was a much loved son. He was a very normal young man with interests that ranged from football and music to clothes and girls.
“He loved football and was a Saints season ticket holder. His musical tastes were eclectic ranging from Oasis to drum 'n' bass.
“He did well at school and just two years ago he left with 11 GCSE A-C passes and had gone on to study electrical engineering at college in an attempt to follow in his dad's footsteps.
“He loved travel as well and was due to go on holiday in the next few weeks with one of his best friends to New York where he had planned an itinerary of sight seeing and restaurant visiting as he was also very keen on food.
“He was very thoughtful and caring and loved his family and friends dearly. One of the things we will always remember though about him was his fantastic sense of humour. It is very hard to think we will not get to laugh or talk with him anymore.
“His life had such potential and was all in front of him, sadly it has been cut prematurely very short.”
A post mortem to determine exactly how Adam, a former St George's Catholic School pupil, died will be carried out this week.
Comments are closed on this article.