When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
How events in the murder of Keven Wyeth in Woolston unfolded
9:27am Monday 26th August 2013 in News
The dad-of-three was foudn with face, head and neck injuries in the alley off Defender Road.
Here is how the tragic events over the wekend unfolded:
- Friday, 10.30pm – Kevin Wyeth, below, is seen walking in nearby Wharncliffe Road.
- Saturday, 2.15am – South Central Ambulance receive a call from someone who says they have seen a body in the alleyway off Defender Road.
- 2.30am An ambulance crew and police arrive at the scene and find Mr Wyeth’s body. Despite attempts to resuscitate him, he is pronounced dead at the scene.
- 2.30am-5am – Police cordon off the street, set up a tent at the spot where his body was found and ask neighbours if they heard or saw anything.
- Saturday morning and afternoon – Investigations continue at the site, while a telephone box in Bridge Road is also examined.
- 11.28am – Police confirm to the Daily Echo that they have launched a murder investigation
- 12.39pm – Police issue an appeal for witnesses, and confirm that a 25-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder
- Sunday morning – Police remove the white tent erected at the site where Mr Wyeth’s body was found, marking the end of the examination at the site.
- Sunday morning – A 31-year-old man from Bournemouth is arrested on suspicion of murder
- 12.14pm – Police take down the cordon and reopen Defender Road.
- 1pm – Sector Inspector Alex Reading names the victim as Mr Wyeth and also reveals the arrest of the 31-year-old from Bournemouth.
- Monday 3.30pm - Police reveal that the 25-year-old woman being held has been released without charge.
Comments are closed on this article.