Gang of youths hunted after attempted robbery in Shirley area of Southampton

Hampshire Constabulary are investigatng

Hampshire Constabulary are investigatng

First published in News Daily Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Education Reporter

POLICE are hunting a gang of youths who tried to rob a group of friends.

At around midnight on Tuesday, September 3, the victims were walking home after a night of playing pool.

At the junction of St James Park and Church Street, Southampton, they were approached by a group of eight youths one of who asked for a mobile phone.

When the smaller group refused and walked away the larger group followed them, with the ringleader repeatedly demanding money and the phone prompting a number of attacks by the larger group.

At one point, one of the victims knocked on doors in an attempt to get help.

No injuries were suffered.

The group of eight were black and white youths, aged 16 to 17. Some had push bikes, and all wore dark hooded tops.

The ringleader was white, about 5ft 7ins tall and slim. He had a wispy moustache and wore a woolly hat under the hood.

Detective Constable John Goulbourne is leading the investigation appealed for anyone who was in the area of St James Park or Church Street at the time of the incident to come forward with information.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Shirley CID on 101.

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:34pm Thu 5 Sep 13

MrBrightside85 says...

Litt chav ****. Bet they wouldn't be so brave on their own.
Litt chav ****. Bet they wouldn't be so brave on their own. MrBrightside85
  • Score: 4

3:59pm Thu 5 Sep 13

Micle1974 says...

Check seacole gardens (aka mini bosnia)
Check seacole gardens (aka mini bosnia) Micle1974
  • Score: 1

4:28pm Thu 5 Sep 13

teamgreen says...

trouble is most don't come from seacole gardens, some are from shirley towers {moustache boy is one of them} and dale valley road and Shirley warren.
trouble is most don't come from seacole gardens, some are from shirley towers {moustache boy is one of them} and dale valley road and Shirley warren. teamgreen
  • Score: 2

5:00pm Thu 5 Sep 13

befriendly says...

teamgreen wrote:
trouble is most don't come from seacole gardens, some are from shirley towers {moustache boy is one of them} and dale valley road and Shirley warren.
As you say you know who he is, can we safely assume you've anonymously informed the police to that fact.
[quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: trouble is most don't come from seacole gardens, some are from shirley towers {moustache boy is one of them} and dale valley road and Shirley warren.[/p][/quote]As you say you know who he is, can we safely assume you've anonymously informed the police to that fact. befriendly
  • Score: 3

1:53pm Fri 6 Sep 13

teamgreen says...

befriendly wrote:
teamgreen wrote:
trouble is most don't come from seacole gardens, some are from shirley towers {moustache boy is one of them} and dale valley road and Shirley warren.
As you say you know who he is, can we safely assume you've anonymously informed the police to that fact.
yes and they said without actual proof its just my opinon
[quote][p][bold]befriendly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]teamgreen[/bold] wrote: trouble is most don't come from seacole gardens, some are from shirley towers {moustache boy is one of them} and dale valley road and Shirley warren.[/p][/quote]As you say you know who he is, can we safely assume you've anonymously informed the police to that fact.[/p][/quote]yes and they said without actual proof its just my opinon teamgreen
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree