When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Carpenter's death due to asbestos exposure
10:50am Sunday 8th September 2013 in News
AN elderly Hampshire man who started his working life in the shipping industry died from asbestos exposure, an inquest heard.
Southampton Coroner’s Court heard that the 78-year-old of Exeter Road, who was a carpenter and joiner, first starting his working life as an apprentice in the shipping industry, involved in the refurbishment of ships.
Deputy Coroner Gordon Denson said: “It is abundantly clear that the cause of death was due to Mr Taylor’s asbestos exposure during his working life.”
He ruled that Mr Taylor’s death was due to industrial disease.
Comments are closed on this article.