When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Chandler's Ford man’s death linked to asbestos
3:10pm Monday 16th September 2013 in News
A MAN from Chandler’s Ford died following a long career working with asbestos, an inquest heard.
Ronald Lee, 88, died as a result of malignant mesothelioma after having worked on the railways for 47 years.
Working his way up to a foreman electrician role, Mr Lee began his career at the age of 14, removing insulation made of asbestos.
A letter of testimony presented to the Winchester inquest, written by Mr Lee’s son-in-law, David Wyatt, confirmed Mr Lee’s history of working with asbestos.
Mr Lee, of Common Road, Chandler’s Ford, died at the Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester on July 17.
The assistant deputy coroner, Sarah Whitby, recorded a verdict of death from industrial disease.
Comments are closed on this article.