When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Bus driver 'did all he could' to avoid crash
A DRIVER whose bus struck a man in Southampton last week will face no disciplinary or legal action.
A 45-year-old man from the city was struck by the bus near Foyes Corner, at the junction of Shirley Road and Howard Road on Monday at 1.45pm, closing the road for three hours.
He is still being treated at Southampton General Hospital for “life changing injuries”.
Hampshire Police said there has been no arrest and Bluestar buses say there will be no internal action against its driver.
Paul Coyne, Operations Manager at Bluestar, said that the company has provided CCTV data from the bus to support the police investigation He said: “The footage clearly shows that the pedestrian moved from the pavement into the path of the moving bus, giving our bus driver little or no time to break or swerve to avoid an impact.
“I believe our driver did all he could in that horrible situation.”
Comments are closed on this article.