When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Widower choked to death
11:30am Thursday 3rd October 2013 in News
AN elderly care home resident choked to death on his lunch, an inquest heard.
A 999 call was made but the food could not be removed from his windpipe. Southampton Coroners Court was told he had dementia, epilepsy and hypertension.
Coroner Keith Wiseman said that there was nothing untoward about the form of the food and the way he was being helped to eat it. A determination of accidental death was recorded.
Comments are closed on this article.