When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Asbestosis led to death of OAP from Southampton
3:00pm Monday 7th October 2013 in News
A PENSIONER who died after contracting asbestosis may have come into contact with the asbestos that caused his condition more than 20 years earlier.
Andrew House, 67, of Burgoyne Road, Thornhill, Southampton, was found in 2008 to have signs of the disease which eventually led to him suffering from pneumonia prior to his death on July 24 of this year.
Southampton Coroner Keith Wiseman recorded a determination of death by industrial disease after being told about how Mr House had worked cleaning brakes, where there may have been asbestos.
Comments are closed on this article.