When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Student taken to hospital after fire in halls
6:24pm Friday 25th October 2013 in News
STUDENTS had to be evacuated from a Southampton hall of residence after a fire broke out.
The fire started in the laundry room of Block A of the Bencraft Halls next to Bassett Green Road at 12.30am today.
It was caused by a washing machine.
A total of 15 fire-fighters and three fire engines battled the blaze for more than hour.
One female in her early twenties had to be taken to Southampton General Hospital for smoke inhalation.
Comments are closed on this article.