When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Teams called after fire reported in Sholing, Southampton
9:55am Saturday 2nd November 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS have put out a blaze in a tumble dryer this morning.
Hightown fire station was called to the fire in a detached garage of a house in Franklin Avenue, Sholing shortly before 8.15am.
The tumble dryer was being used when it caught fire.
It was destroyed in the blaze along with a number of children's toys and other items in the garage which the fire spread to, but the garage itself was not too badly damaged because the doors were kept shut and it was mainly heat and smoke damage.
Firefighters put out the blaze using hoses and two breathing apparatus.
The cause of the fire is not known, but it is not thought to be suspicious and Hightown Watch Manager Nev Lewendon said he thought the cause was likely an electrical fault.
Comments are closed on this article.