When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Former Fawley Power Station worker's death not related to asbestos exposure
11:30am Thursday 19th December 2013 in News
A former Hampshire power station worker died of cancer unrelated to asbestos, an inquest heard.
Although Christopher Tuck, 67, was exposed to the substance for years at Fawley Power Station, it did not cause his colon cancer.
A post-mortem examination found minor evidence of asbestos fibres in his lungs, but University Hospital Southampton pathologist Dr Norman Carr said there was no link.
Coroner Keith Wiseman recorded a verdict of death due to natural causes.
Comments are closed on this article.